No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at this point, following the amazing footage from Season 10 that Ooober has managed to acquire, I'd like to suggest changing the Samandan Motto to Hallowed are the Ooooberi or for the more traditionalist among us, Hic Ooooberness Regit. I believe Her Ladyship Oooberness The First is already designing TShirts and Bumper Stickers.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

What?

Like I was really going to let that comment...erm...FLY without doing something? Please.

And Strix you really should know better than to give out spoilers for Season 10 plots like this.

LMAO! Couldn't green you, sorry...

You did give me momentary inspiration for an apocafic entitled, "Fail Safe Revisited: The Cupcake of Doom." But then, thankfully, it passed.

My LJ

Comment

She was offered two and a movie I think from memory. You can not fault Amanda for her loyalty... ever.

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        It would have been nice if AT was offered another show while TPTB were taking their time offering her a contract
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          LMAO! Couldn't green you, sorry...

You did give me momentary inspiration for an apocafic entitled, "Fail Safe Revisited: The Cupcake of Doom." But then, thankfully, it passed.
          Only as long as it's a Carter!fic...I'm confident you can pull it off.

Me too.

As am I.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Beware S10 spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            The cupcake has landed Now all we need is that meatloaf
            Last edited by Mandysg1; 22 February 2006, 01:48 PM.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Beware S10 spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              The cupcake has landed Now all we need that meatloaf
              Or an Emu.

MINIGEEK! Where are the EMUS?!??

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

What?

Like I was really going to let that comment...erm...FLY without doing something? Please.

And Strix you really should know better than to give out spoilers for Season 10 plots like this.

ROFLOL
                Brilliant fun, Über. Hmm, looks like season10 might actually be good . Intergalactic cupcakes, a pancake space station , the death glider donuts of doom, C4 (cookie explosives), and.....
                a new home planet! This planet wobbles (though not on its axis). The Tau'ri are leaving the Blue Marble to explore this new planet which is called.....
                Blue Jello!

Oh, right, OT. Oopsie.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Well, at this point, following the amazing footage from Season 10 that Ooober has managed to acquire, I'd like to suggest changing the Samandan Motto to Hallowed are the Ooooberi or for the more traditionalist among us, Hic Ooooberness Regit. I believe Her Ladyship Oooberness The First is already designing TShirts and Bumper Stickers.
                  Oooooooh. Sweeeeeeeeet.

I'm not sure my already over-inflated ego could handle this. But I'm willing to give it a go.

I mean for the sake of the kingdom and all.

See? I'm a team player!

Comment

I don't know if this is off-topic talking about off-topic but I was just over at the blue jello corner, and I was all by myself
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't know if this is off-topic talking about off-topic but I was just over at the blue jello corner, and I was all by myself
                      The Blue Jello corner seems to be fairly quiet I'm afraid. Sorry . I've been around, but it would seem people are having trouble of thinking up thing to post in the OT thread .

/OT about OT

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Sam: Yes Sir, I know what you said it looked like, but right now we have a bigger problem.
                        Jack: Oh, what's that Carter?
                        Sam: We're on page 2
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ROTF! I can't even caption that thing! I'm laughing too damn hard!!

MG (just got back in from dinner - didja miss me?!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            I think you've hit on something big there, jckfan. That's the kind of choice I think AT would make, frankly, because she seems to try and validate all of her character situations with some sort of actual basis in believability. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if she'd even sat down with Ben and said, "Ok, lets work this out, how are we going to play this?" - to a certain extent. There's only so much they can accomplish between their lines, of course, but that sort of decision making, in and around storylines, sounds very much like the kind of actor I've come to realize Amanda is.
                            Oh, I think we are seeing glimpses of this already in the past few episodes. AT is quietly doing her thing and I do believe that she thought long and hard over the scripts she was given and then incorporated the mindset/behavior that she wanted Sam to have to subtly show that she was in charge of the situation. Maybe I need to believe that so much that it's my own perception, but I don't think so.

There's been an increasing confidence and even a more relaxed air about Sam Carter. She's more at home in her own skin than she's been in a long, long time. That's what keeps me watching as we wind down towards the end of S9. Amanda is a pretty savvy person. She's delivering the Sam we want to see even against heavy odds.

Have been very busy in RL but looks like there have been some tremendous posts on the leadership issue and Sam's cross-over for S10. Keep up the Samandan rhetoric, guys! Great job!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEVRON SEVEN!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                              Yes, prior to this season I would have said that Amanda Tapping's proposed crossovers would either be scrapped or her appearances in SG-1 increased in order to accomodate Michael Shanks' time off. That would only seem logical, wouldn't it? So, yes, I'm sure that's what they'll do. Sure. No doubt about it. Heh, heh.....

For the record, it's my understanding that Joe Mallozzi was sort of backing off of the crossover thing before he left. Nothing is certain, but he did try and limit the number of crossovers to one or two, calling the previously reported 10 or 5 episodes "unlikely".

And even I'd enjoy that sort of SG-1 to Atlantis in the same night crossover.

Edit To Add:
                              Although, that annoyingly cynical part of my noggin says that kind of one-two crossover from SG-1 to Atlatnis will never happen due to the fact that the shows are heavily syndicated. But who knows?

IIRC one of the last posts mallozzi made said that 11 of the first eps were written and Carter was in all of them and I agree with golfbooy that before he left he was pulling back on the number of eps Carter would cross-over in so my guess, especially with MS out for 2 eps in the first half and 2 eps in the back half is that if Carter is not in SG1 it will be very, very limited number possibly even only 1 or 2.

My other hope is that, with all the uproar over how Carter (and AT) have been so horribly treated and with the ratings falling off (golden buy just not cutting it) and with the continued disgruntlement (at many forums not just GW) with Mitchell's character being so poorly conceived, so poorly written and portrayed and so undeserving of co-leadership, and with the continued, and growing, number of fans who express their outright dislike of Mitchell, TPTB will adjust S10 for these factors, unless they are simply as arrogant as they are perceived to be, at least by me. I hope Brad Wright does some good with his return as co-showrunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                Sam/Cam leadership issue, promotions, crossovers, etc...

First, they made Cam leader because they were afraid to pitch a show that didn't have a LEADING MAN. BB is their LEADING MAN. Now, their desire to have a LEADING MAN is not going to change in season 10 or any season thereafter (if it survives past 10). Therefore, Cam will be their LEADING MAN next season, too, and they aren't about to lose face by demoting their LEADING MAN to a MAN WHO IS FOLLOWING A WOMAN. Bottom line: they need their LEADING MAN to LEAD. You can argue context all you like, but BB was hired to be the LEADING MAN in the business as well as in the show, and wishful thinking and all the logic in the world is not going to change that simple fact.

It's a harsh reality, but we also have to consider that TPTB have egos, and they have pitched and pimped Mitchell to high heaven, so no matter how much sense it does or does not make, they are not easily going to do a collective and abrupt about-face and admit they screwed up an entire season of their show by placing Cam in command. They may continue to give lip service to the co-leadership (wink-wink-nod-nod) arrangement in order to appease Sam fans. But I think the chances of them demoting Mitchell from his leadership role are about as likely as the earth being demolished by a giant flying interstellar cupcake. They will kill/maim/Tokra-fy/Ori-fy/have Mitchell kidnapped by a rabid chipmunks before they stick him directly and obviously under Sam's command, if only to save their pride.

snip, snip

I'd rather see Sam win a Nobel prize than get promoted at this point.

snip, snip
                                Bingo Strix!! Great post - you hit the nail-on-the-head with the major part of the problem - bunch of knuckleheads in the decision-making position.

Comment

Working...
                                X