Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Well if you're talking to me then thank ya.

There are several really great Sam banners around...and many people who make great ones. I love your banner too btw.
    Über!!! Congrats on posting the 30000th post!

And, btw, your banner is really neat .

(is this OT? )

edit: ooh, this is my 700th post!
    Last edited by deepspace; 21 February 2006, 09:20 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Hey everyone! *wave*

Well a while back there it seemed like I was maybe going to be getting into the swing of Samanda again!!!! But alas life has come back. Not only do I have the normal mayhem of my life, I am directing the show I wrote, going up first week of March, and have now been accepted to do ANOTHER show for a festival going up exactly a month after! I'm already freaking out... so I probably won't be on much, if at all, until mid-May :| :| I'm going to mis you all *sob* If anything huge happens, someone email me or something! lol, can't fall TOOO far behind...

(((((((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish me luck!!!!!!

(Ok, I admit I'll MAKE time to come on and share my Creation Con stories <g> But that's it...)
      Wow!
      I'm going to miss your presence on the thread MajorSam .
      But you're doing some really cool stuff with your life! You can tell us all about it when you've finished though, can't you? *hopeful*

Have a great time . You deserve this!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        I certainly don't want to break down Samanda and more than anything else, I don't want to change the mood of the thread into a policed one. Deepspace, your post made me realize I didn't make myself very clear. What I was thinking with this OT thread was for us to have a fail safe. The SaGC is and will always be our main thread. The other one is meant only for those who want to follow discussions who began there but are going off topic after a while, such as the "how tall are you ?" thing. It began with a picture from Off the Grid and went away very quickly. Why don't we used this other space to move such discussions ? I don't know how many of you are on dial-up, but I know it takes a while to load a page. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for those who want to read only Sam or AT related infos to load pages of posts which have no interest for them (I'm not they're of no interest, just that maybe they should be elsewhere) ? That's what I had in mind. All my apologies if I caused some misunderstanding and concern.
        Oh I do understand Lys. (((((Lys)))))
        It's just going to be different, that's all.
        But, whenever I want to continue a discussion and send it OT, I'll just grab a quote and carry it over to the Blue Jello Corner. SHouldn't be too hard .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            Though she is hot as hell in those pics ...Why is she wrapped in the American flag if she's Canadian?
            Exactly!

I think Evil is "Hotter" but I'd rather have Good Carter.

Comment

Happy Birthday ChevronSeven!!!

Comment

I know not everyone here shares my irkdom regarding the whole leadership issue. Here's a question to consider though.

What if Sam was promoted to full bird and the rest stayed the same? Would that change or affect your feelings on this issue?

I don't know. I find the current scenario highly insulting to the Sam character and to Amanda. But if they promoted her to full bird, for me at least it would definitely be a move in the right direction...what do you think?

The more I think about it...the more I love the idea btw.
                Last edited by Uber; 21 February 2006, 03:25 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  brad, to me, has a handle on the characters and the show, a much better one than rob has. rob can write....but he gets too distracted by boobs and bombs and the flash in the pan
                  Amen! I too feel that Brad writes the characters better than anyone else. I tend to blame RCC and PDL for the "boobs and bombs" influence too...although I admit I'm not sure whether they favor more infantile humor or if the pressure is coming from SciFi. But from watching PDL's commentaries on DVD, I feel like it's RCC and PDL.

Comment

Originally posted by &#220;berSG-1Fan
                    I know not everyone here shares my irkdom regarding the whole leadership issue. Here's a question to consider though.

What if Sam was promoted to full bird and the rest stayed the same? Would that change or affect your feelings on this issue?

I don't know. I find the current scenario highly insulting to the Sam character and to Amanda. But if they promoted her to full bird, for me at least it would definitely be a move in the right direction...what do you think?

I guess I've been away too much lately. I didn't know anyone here DIDN'T share your irkdom on the leadership issue. Since they're writing their appointed team leader as reckless and lacking leadership skills, it supports our contention that Carter should be in charge.

As to the full bird Colonel idea, I could get excited about that! I certainly think she's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by &#220;berSG-1Fan

Good question. I too find the current leadership scenerio very insulting to Sam and to Amanda (and I don't think TPTB get this in the least). But yes, if Sam was promoted to full bird, it would be better, but only if she then just became the clear and sole leader of SG-1, rather than being a commander of say the Odyssey. I want to see Sam lead SG-1 offworld as the official leader.

I fear that TPTB will do just the opposite. I don't think they can help but notice that many fans are not real excited about Mitchell as he as been written in season 9 thus far. So, I think they may either promote him to full bird, or send Sam somewhere else so that she is not co-leading with him in some of the episodes. Instead of taking the high road, and let Sam lead SG-1 in season 10 (even with so many fans wanting it this way), they'll write Mitchell as getting promoted over Sam and/or making very few mistakes from now on as leader. I don't think TPTB have the foresight to correct their mistake in regard to the leadership issue. I think it is hurting the show ALOT, but that won't matter to them. I think they'll "fix" Mitchell, and I don't know what they'll do with Sam. I hope this does not happen.

Comment

ok, i saw scourge tonight.

loved sam, wished she had a bit more to do, but she was fab as always.
                        Spoiler:
                        this actually felt like a team episode. and it felt like sam and cam were co-leading, although it did feel a bit like cam was acting more like he wanted to be the complete leader, and sam was just there silently leading and making sure nothing got screwed up.
                        from a selfish point of view i didn't like that woolsey introduced cam first. i thought he should have been introduced last as he was new and the IOA guys wouldn't have been as familiar with his name as he would the others.

loved sams interaction with woolsey, like he was dealing exclusively with her almost, responding to her natural commanding presense perhaps.

ah, you guys got me into this leadership debate (well, i got myself into it) and now i'm bordering on obsessed! i can't even leave it alone here! and i actually like cameron!

Comment

i think sam getting promoted so soon is very unlikely, although if they can promote jack that soon why not sam. she did after all lead the team that
                          Spoiler:
                          defeated the replicators, and just about every other enemy they had last season. and she figured out how to do it too!
                          not to mention all the other stuff she's done for the universe(s) over the years. add to that the fact that she's done it by pretty much being the perfect officer for almost her entire career, with a few exeptions that, lets face it, were only done just so that she could save the planet. (either ours or someone elses).

Comment

I have to say that I do share your feelings about leadership. I'm liking Mitchell less and less cause he hasn't really earned the role as leader. How do you pick the person with the least amount of experience to run a group that know each other so well, at times they don't even need to speak to know what comes next.

It bothers me even more when I've had to deal with some of the same thinking about women in charge at work and then see it in my favorite show. It just makes you wonder...
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                              Good question. I too find the current leadership scenerio very insulting to Sam and to Amanda (and I don't think TPTB get this in the least). But yes, if Sam was promoted to full bird, it would be better, but only if she then just became the clear and sole leader of SG-1, rather than being a commander of say the Odyssey. I want to see Sam lead SG-1 offworld as the official leader.

I fear that TPTB will do just the opposite. I don't think they can help but notice that many fans are not real excited about Mitchell as he as been written in season 9 thus far. So, I think they may either promote him to full bird, or send Sam somewhere else so that she is not co-leading with him in some of the episodes. Instead of taking the high road, and let Sam lead SG-1 in season 10 (even with so many fans wanting it this way), they'll write Mitchell as getting promoted over Sam and/or making very few mistakes from now on as leader. I don't think TPTB have the foresight to correct their mistake in regard to the leadership issue. I think it is hurting the show ALOT, but that won't matter to them. I think they'll "fix" Mitchell, and I don't know what they'll do with Sam. I hope this does not happen.
                              I guess I'm looking at it from the standpoint that they aren't going to do anything about the leadership issue at all. Mitchell is the defacto team leader of record whether it makes sense or not whether it takes away from the most logical Carter arc or not.

So I'm looking at it from the standpoint of what could help make things more bearable. Sam being promoted would help me here.

And if they promoted Mitchell to a full colonel, I think that'd be my last straw.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I guess I'm looking at it from the standpoint that they aren't going to do anything about the leadership issue at all. Mitchell is the defacto team leader of record whether it makes sense or not whether it takes away from the most logical Carter arc or not.

So I'm looking at it from the standpoint of what could help make things more bearable. Sam being promoted would help me here.

And if they promoted Mitchell to a full colonel, I think that'd be my last straw.

If Sam got promoted and Mitchell didn't, then wouldn't Sam automatically lead SG-1 unless, like I said, they have her do something else besides being on the team? I don't know if I could stand her not being on the team. If she is taken off the team, then I would rather she be on Atlantis full time.

Comment

Working...
                                X