Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    It's not too late!

After speaking with a very nice women at the Stargate set last week, I learned that many of the SG-1 cast had already returned back to work to block out scenes ect; however, I believe the remainder of the cast and crew will begin filming season ten tomorrow.

Dani76 and I wanted to do something special for Amanda to welcome her back to the set and to let her know how happy we all are to have Sam back for another season of Stargate.

So in honor of Amanda's return, we've sent her a small token of our apprecation in Samanda's name. We know other's have also sent out letters and cards with well wishes, and we're hoping this will show Amanda how greatful we all are that she has chosen to come back for season ten. If you would like to join us in giving Amanda a big, warm, love-filled group hug, then please take a moment to jot down a few words onto a postcard and send it off to...

Amanda Tapping
    C/O Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

Below is a small card I made with the gifts we had shipped to her as well as the message we put on the card. Please share with us in wishing Amanda a happy return to the set in what we hope will be the best season yet.

Special thanks to CG for writing the lovely little poem for our message.
    This is great! Thanks for sending it in our behalf!
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Just wait...
      Spoiler:
      the demon spawn love child will also be Chinese and hand the gate over to China.... [claps hands over mouth] OMG I wasn't sposed to give away the plot [/snark]

Originally posted by minigeek
      Speaking of those two nations - holy hannah on the foreshadowing commentary by the Chinese delegate, huh? I guess that plot's already in the making. But I hope they don't try and turn it into a surprise. Because if *we* got the gist of what she meant when she said (what she did) to Daniel, I think he would have too, and he'd have warned Landry the second they debriefed after the emergency was over, imho.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Actually, I saw a pretty good explanation as to why they had pistols rather than zats in the episode thread. Basically had to do with not wanting to give the Chinese (and possibly the French) representative an eyeful of advanced alien technology. It even works with the distrust thing they have going on between the Chinese and American governments over the Stargate.
        As I just wrote over at The Scourge thread - it is canon that at least the Russians, and my guess would be the other nations Russia speaks to, know about the Zats as Carter and Teal'c carried them in The Tomb in S5.

Comment

Well sure the Russians know about the zats. But I can't really see why they'd have a need to tell China about it. They're not exactly the best of friends

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            If I understand you correctly, we mostly agree. I didn't think she thought the advisors would get in trouble necessarily; rather I thought Carter recognised that someone needed to remain because safeguarding them was SG-1's mission. So, seeing as Cam had trotted off without so much as a by-your-leave, Carter stepped up and did her duty -- painful as it may have been.
            OKAY- I'll go with your view - we pretty much agree on the way it played out. Carter was going then thought better of it and decided to stay to make sure the diplos would be okay - since THAT WAS their mission and all of them trotting off to leave the diplos alone would not have looked too good. Must say it is yet another example of Carter keeping the cool, straight-thinking head of a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Well sure the Russians know about the zats. But I can't really see why they'd have a need to tell China about it. They're not exactly the best of friends
              sorry for OT - my point is that it is canon that other nations know about the Zats (and the Russians was the only one I could come up with on the fly off the top of my head so there may indeed be others I have forgotten about) so IMO it is lazy, plot device writing that, after sooo many seasons of Carter and Teal'c carrying Zats religiously they all of a sudden have handguns. Just MO of course, in keeping with how I feel the rest of the season is going.

Comment

Hey guys, im new to this thread so i would just like to post how much i love the character of sam carter.
                She is my fave on the show and i love her to peices! Sam and Amanda have been my biggest rolemodels through my teenage years! Sam is the best, she brings a smile to my face and roll on season ten!

heart

Comment

Originally posted by gatershanks
                  Hey guys, im new to this thread so i would just like to post how much i love the character of sam carter.
                  She is my fave on the show and i love her to peices! Sam and Amanda have been my biggest rolemodels through my teenage years! Sam is the best, she brings a smile to my face and roll on season ten!
                  Welcome to the Sam's a Great Character Thread (SaGC) otherwise known as Samanda!

All friends of Sam/Amanda are welcome to pull up a seat and have some fun.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

evil chicks are always hot

Comment

Hey thanks for making me feel welcome!
                      O i would just like to say awesome banner!!

heart

Comment

Originally posted by gatershanks
                        Please feel welcome gatershanks!
                        Sam/Amanda have been a wonderful rolemodel for me too through my teenage years. Please join in the discussions and most importantly, have fun.

If you're interested, on page one of this thread at the bottom of MajorSal's post there is a link to the SaGC index, where you will find the Reader's Digest version of this thread. But don't feel that you have to read back.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Yes, essentially moving Samanda away from this thread... that's sort of what I meant.

It would have to be.

I think trying to keep unbendable stricture on topic never works. While, in theory, it looks good and organized on paper (so does Communism), in reality people are people, we form communities, we chatter, we aren't robots and we don't fall into neat little patterns the way forums are structured. That's why there are moderators in place.

Even so, given we're not discussing world-altering seriousness here, I'd vote to either move Samanda to a new thread and leave the Sam Carter Character thread as a Sam Carter Character thread OR... I'd vote to keep it all here and just let it be. We fall off topic, we're nudged back on, either by Skydiver or by some other vigilant soul, no one ever minds that (at least I haven't seen it happen).

The more fragments we break off from the whole, the more we'll notice a fracturing of the community. That's inevitable, which is why I'd be reticent to jump into this, unless there was a really big rift in idealism that necessitated two seperate forum discussion groups.

This thread has been home to the SaGC thread *and* Samanda, quite happily, for a very long time. I apologize if I'm a bit dense in this, but I don't really understand what the problem is now that's any worse than it ever was before? Or maybe I just don't get it?
                          I don't want to see this thread change. This is my favorite place in the whole forum. The people here are smart, talented and kind beyond words. The majority of the posts are very interesting and on topic. If the posts are OT and I'm not interested, I speed read through them. I don't want to have to find another happy place!!!!!!!

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            See its really not that hard to learn how to salute. Carter so far is the only one who has even been close. Sheppard's was beyond pathetic
                            I'm pretty sure Shep's was meant to be sloppy—but heartfelt when he busted it out at Everett's bedside. It was such an unexpected moment it kind of choked me up. Joe F. played that beautifully. But we're getting off topic, perhaps ...

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              I respectfully and humbly agree with Strix here.

We are a community bound by our love for the fictional character Samantha Carter and our respect and adoration for the very real, gracious and delightful Amanda Tapping.

I come HERE. When I've had a crappy set of days where works falling in on me, this is my happy place. This is Samanda in all its glory...with its wide variety of people with their different backgrounds, interests, careers and personalities. This is where I come to be amongst friends and family.

So sure there is the occasional this or that. Heck I mentioned Passions airing on SciFi for crying out loud. It is moderately related though if you think about it since it's further indication into the mindset that makes the decisions on the network level. But as long as we don't spend pages talking about the latest contestants on American Idol or wonder if Donald Trump's hair can remain completely still for yet another season, I don't mind a bit of off topic chatter.

So again, I respectfully agree with Strix and let's keep it here!
                              Personally I too would have liked to be able to keep the thread (and in the process the community) together in this thread.
                              But that is the selfish part of me.
                              People have expressed their dislike for wading through lots of Off Topic posts. I don't want to make it hard for those people, so as a result I would restrict myself from chatting off topic so much that I would no longer have anything to talk about, and would probably disappear until season9 airs. I don't really want to disappear, but I would feel bad about posting in the thread if I couldn't come up with something on topic.
                              So therefore I support Lys in having started up an off topic thread. I will of course first and formost post here, and that should be possible for me if people feel like discussing earlier eps such as the Tin Man.
                              Otherwise, now I can attempt to keep the majority of my general posts in the Blue Jello Corner.
                              And apologies for this OT post . Last one, I promise.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Clamps teeth on tongue adn refuses urgings of the gutter mind with the following mantra:

zatsdonotlooklikebigpeniseszatsdonotlooklikebigpeniseszatsdonotlooklikebigpenise s.... ack it's not working..... LMAO!

OH.MY.GOD. That's exactly where my mind went!!!!!!!!

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X