No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh why???? it's so much more fun down here.

paddles around

i mean, think of it. not only the shape but the fact that it just pops up, right and ready at a moment's notice. conveniently sized and collapsable

one shot stuns, two shots kills....ahem
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Evil

Sigh...we always go for the bad girls.

Comment

I have been thinking about that scene in the cave when the guys left - at first when they first start to leave the cave Carter is walking out WITH them, she then stops, hesitates sort of, turns and shines her gun light on the whiny diplos - I kind of got the impression she decided to stay with them because they looked so helpless. There was no discussion as to who would go or stay and it just seemed to me that after turning to look at them she thought better of leaving them alone. To me it looked like she, as a leader, decided it would be best to stay with these babies because they would likely get into more trouble alone. Is that just me seeing that or did anyone else get that impression?

As to the Wright/cooper thing, it has been, and continues to be, my opinion that cooper has taken this show down since he became showrunner in S7. He has managed, in 2 1/2 seasons, to do enough damage, IMO, to implode this show. He is arrogant and condescending when it comes to his attitude towards fans and about mistakes made with the show and the characters -- he refuses to admit there have been any, never mind HUGE ones, IMO even when other PTB or even the actors themselves think there have been issues/problems. I too am somewhat heartened that Cooper is returning to SG1 and it is another small, tiny if you will, hope that I cling to. (BTW I sent Mallozzi an e-mail in support of Carter, and the BIG 3 in general, for S10).
        Last edited by binkpmmc; 20 February 2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Wonder what they're "unoffically" known as around the prop house.... lol...

Originally posted by Skydiver

paddles around

i mean, think of it. not only the shape but the fact that it just pops up, right and ready at a moment's notice. conveniently sized and collapsable

sigpic

Comment

i kinda got the idea that sam stayed behind because, if the boys failed, she was probaly the only one to know the codes and protocol and such to try and get them out of there

sigpic

Comment

i kinda got the idea that sam stayed behind because, if the boys failed, she was probaly the only one to know the codes and protocol and such to try and get them out of there
              I agree with that. Though I also agree with the others who said that perhaps Daniel should have remained in the back of the cave to babysit and Carter should have taken point up front - if only because he's got the diplomacy of the team in hand. But I also think that the diplomats would have been whining to talk to Carter because she was the leader. And they knew that, hence they wanted HER assurance(s), etc. Whiny political types always want to talk to the "person in charge". Yet another nod that Sam was leading that mission, if you ask me.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Burbank Con Zat talk with AT,CJ, & MS - as they say a picture is worth a thousand words

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

well, my argument against daniel is that he's the civilian and, theoretically, less of a defense

although it is a weak one since, after 9 years, the boy does know how to take care of himself

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    AT: What you are surprised with all the little (or BIG) inconsistencies this season that I was not carrying a zat but a Beretta instead in the Scourge.[/CENTER]
                    Actually, I saw a pretty good explanation as to why they had pistols rather than zats in the episode thread. Basically had to do with not wanting to give the Chinese (and possibly the French) representative an eyeful of advanced alien technology. It even works with the distrust thing they have going on between the Chinese and American governments over the Stargate.

Comment

paddles around

Well anyway...back on topic...

*tries to come up with something...

I got nothin'...especially after your last remark there Sky!
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

Pleasure Vibe 2006 comes to mind.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Actually, I saw a pretty good explanation as to why they had pistols rather than zats in the episode thread. Basically had to do with not wanting to give the Chinese (and possibly the French) representative an eyeful of advanced alien technology. It even works with the distrust thing they have going on between the Chinese and American governments over the Stargate.
                          ooh, good point. no need to put anything else on display

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

probably nothing near what the staff weapons are called

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Speaking of those two nations - holy hannah on the foreshadowing commentary by the Chinese delegate, huh? I guess that plot's already in the making. But I hope they don't try and turn it into a surprise. Because if *we* got the gist of what she meant when she said (what she did) to Daniel, I think he would have too, and he'd have warned Landry the second they debriefed after the emergency was over, imho.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                I have been thinking about that scene in the cave when the guys left - at first when they first start to leave the cave Carter is walking out WITH them, she then stops, hesitates sort of, turns and shines her gun light on the whiny diplos - I kind of got the impression she decided to stay with them because they looked so helpless. There was no discussion as to who would go or stay and it just seemed to me that after turning to look at them she thought better of leaving them alone.
                                If I understand you correctly, we mostly agree. I didn't think she thought the advisors would get in trouble necessarily; rather I thought Carter recognised that someone needed to remain because safeguarding them was SG-1's mission. So, seeing as Cam had trotted off without so much as a by-your-leave, Carter stepped up and did her duty -- painful as it may have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X