Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    Oh, it's quite easy. Let's just open a new thread in the off-topic section and call it "Samanda's chatter thread" or whatever you want to call it. I can do it. I'll just wait for the other members of this thread opinion before opening it. So, Samandans, please, let us know. Do you want an off-topic thread for us ? And if you have any name suggestion, please, share it with us.
    what do i think of this idea? go for it.

the shipper thread imploded on itself some time ago from this very subject. and we still have probs every now and again with someone complaining that we're either are too dark or too fluffy.

so, if someone wants me make another thread for samandan chatter, go for it.

to get back to amanda/sam topics...

amanda went back to work today on season 10. i wish i could be more excited about this... i am *for* amanda, but i don't have a lot of expectations on what the *show* will do for sam carter.

what do i want for season 10?

*sam leading sg1. or, at least making it *canon* that she's co-leading with mitchell.

*sam to not be lost in the vala brigade. (none of the BIG3 to be lost in this)

*sam and jack IN a relationship!!! it's time, no more ignoring it or pushing it off to the side to handle at another time.

i was going to say more team eps, but with mitchell's so-called leading (whether we see co-leading or not)... it taints the team feeling to me. i can't see this group bonding when the *leader*... it's like seeing a group of seniors in high school hanging out together, when a 3rd grader comes up and not only joins the group, but becomes the official leader. give me a friggin break!

*let the show resonate with the BIG3, not the newcomers. this show should 'still' be seen through the eyes of sam, daniel, and teal'c, not the newbies.

*unless season 10 is a drastic improvement over season 9, let it be the last.

so, samandans... i know it's not the most upbeat outlook, but it's better than complete doom and gloom.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Sam who always fought and never let go.
      what ep is this from? i was thinking 'solitudes', but it looks like it's snowing there and i don't remember it snowing in the cave.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        what ep is this from? i was thinking 'solitudes', but it looks like it's snowing there and i don't remember it snowing in the cave.

sally
        It's Solitudes, and it's ice and snow falling from the ceiling when Sam tried to activate the second gate.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

sally
          Isn't that volcano ash from when there was the volcano eruption and everyone had died from the sulphur. Was that In The Line Of Duty?
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

sally
            enigma, the first Narim ep. its volcanic ash.

EDIT: hehe, i lied. it is solitudes. (whoops)
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

spoilers for s9's 'the scourge'

Originally posted by Lida
              OK, this may be a bit off the most recent topic, but does anyone else think that Sam's character is not being used properly??? In The Scourge, WHY did Cam pick Daniel to go out and scout, with him and Teal'c? Daniel is NOT military and I don't recall any episode where he receives military training. Sam is a Lt. Col. in the US Air Force, and as such, should have been the logical choice, and NOT Daniel. He should have remained in the cave, and used his talents as a linguist and "people-person" to soothe the shaken "politicians".

OK, mini-rant over.
              used properly? not by a long shot.

i think sam's (and daniel's and teal'c's) jobs are being shuffled around to fit for the new LEAD of the show.

sam should have been leading the team. sam should have been the one (along with teal'c) going after the plane thingies (can't remember their names ) to fly the diplomats out. daniel could have stayed with the diplomats and calmed them down. and what to do with mitchell? he's not needed on *this* team, so he wouldn't be there. sam, daniel, and teal'c (*the* BIG3) are just fine without him.

i'm sorry i sound like a broken record, but my resentment towards the ptb for *doing this to begin with* is increasing. and then add into the mix that the writers can't write new characters anymore... (name one NEW character that hasn't flopped in some way)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9's 'the scourge'

used properly? not by a long shot.

i think sam's (and daniel's and teal'c's) jobs are being shuffled around to fit for the new LEAD of the show.

sam should have been leading the team. sam should have been the one (along with teal'c) going after the plane thingies (can't remember their names ) to fly the diplomats out. daniel could have stayed with the diplomats and calmed them down. and what to do with mitchell? he's not needed on *this* team, so he wouldn't be there. sam, daniel, and teal'c (*the* BIG3) are just fine without him.

i'm sorry i sound like a broken record, but my resentment towards the ptb for *doing this to begin with* is increasing. and then add into the mix that the writers can't write new characters anymore... (name one NEW character that hasn't flopped in some way)

sally
                Well, beyond the "who should lead" aspect of this issue or the "why is Cam even there to begin with" argument, it seemed odd that Sam didn't go with them for the sole reason that she is a pilot too.

The thing is though, because Sam was there, we got that really REALLY meaty scene with Woolsey and Sam telling him in the nicest possible way to shut the heck up because he was alerting the bugs to their presence.

But still. I don't think this is a "Sam is super...rah rah rah" kinda idea either. I'm not suggesting she should have gone with them because she's my favorite and I want her in as many frames as possible (although I'd be lying if I said either of those things weren't true). Logically speaking, based on the dictates of the storyline, if the plan was to get to the F302s to use them in some capacity to escape or whatever, wouldn't it have made sense to have as many pilots trekking back to the base as possible, rather than 2 pilots and an archeologist?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  I'm totally in agreement about starting another thread.

This thread despite being SAGC has always discussed anything Amanda and everyone seems happy with that. A bit of off topic chatter and humour have always been part of the mix, but certainly over the last few months it has been getting out of hand.

I haven't got loads of free time and I find I'm not able to read all the posts as too many pages have been posted since the last time I entered. However the posts I do read are quite substantially off topic and I feel I'm missing out on all the great Sam chatter that used to exist here. I have nothing to respond to and I'm usually stumped for a topic to open on. However I bet I have missed some Sam topics in the pages I have been unable to read due to lack of time.

I have no problem with people being off topic and friendly - but it is now outweighing all the great Sam stuff that the thread is primarily about.

I still would use this as my main thread but would still want to talk about Amanda - she is Sam Carter after all.

I have to say I neither want to lose ALL of the off topic banter. It is a matter of degrees, but for me the mark is very much overstepped at the moment.
                  I think you're right, Coley. Samanda is Sam and Amanda, not other Sci Fi shows and general chatter. Fan mail for Amanda is not OT IMHO, but discussion of Emu mating habits is. Wait--maybe it *is* on topic--after all, we did have an emu in the Royal Aviary at one point... Anyway, at the least, perhaps we all just need to exercise more self-discipline and deal with very off topic stuff via PM as was suggested or via other threads.

respectfully submitted,
                  jckfan55 (royal minister without portfolio)-which means I have no specific responsibility other than to weigh in on a variety of issues. Something I do quite often it seems

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    wouldn't it have made sense to have as many pilots trekking back to the base as possible, rather than 2 pilots and an archeologist?
                    Well not really. They'd have to go back for the Ambassadors anyway, before they took off, so Carter would come back with them. I don't really see a plot hole in that regard.
                    The plot hole for the 302 thing was the ferrying to the other side of the planet part. You need a proper airstrip to land a fighter of that size and weight on - there's noway you'd be able to operate it off a grassy field for example. Taking the 302's into orbit and waiting for the Odyssey might have been a plan, except for the fact that they would have only been able to take 3 of the Ambassadors and Daniel would of had to be left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Yes, essentially moving Samanda away from this thread... that's sort of what I meant.
                      I would be against that.

Comment

I just watched the Scourge again, and it didn't bother me as much as some of you that Sam wasn't the one going to the F-302's. The sequence of events was that the airman went missing and Cam, Teal'c and Daniel went looking for him, with Sam staying behind to protect the civilians. IMO, Woolsey would have complained if Daniel had been the one to stay behind, as he would have insisted that a military person be there. Plus, I think there's a kind of mutual respect between Sam and Woolsey, even though they may disagree a lot of the time. He realizes how good she is at her job, and she realizes that he's got good intentions most of the time.

Anyway, the idea of going for the planes didn't come up until after Cam, Daniel and Teal'c found the airman. It made sense for the 2 pilots to continue on, since they were presumably already part of the way to wherever the planes were located. They sent Daniel back to tell Sam what was going on, and it wouldn't make sense for Sam to then go on her own to meet up with them. That's the way I saw it, in any case.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          However, do we really need an OT thread? It's nice being able to stray occasionally. I mean, the J/S Ship thread do it all the time. When they tried to set up an OT thread, they were told no.
                          the shipper thread was almost destroyed by off topic.

just some food for thought.

concerning current season eps --

what was my fave scene in 'off the grid'?
                          Spoiler:
                          when mitchell called her mary poppins and sam said 'yeah!', with that 'you butthead' look on her face.

my fave scene in 'the scourge'?
                          Spoiler:
                          when sam had her 'talk' with woolsey while they were in the cave.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Got an odd fic rec here...

Jericho, by dirty diana. It's a Sam/Cam/Dan fic, set in an AU where they are gangstas :O. There's violence and sex but there's also some pretty cool Sam stuff

Comment

Oh and another fic rec Folsom Prison Blues by Eve11. It's a gen team fic, with SG1 trapped in a prison and some really good banter between them

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                                I just watched the Scourge again, and it didn't bother me as much as some of you that Sam wasn't the one going to the F-302's. The sequence of events was that the airman went missing and Cam, Teal'c and Daniel went looking for him, with Sam staying behind to protect the civilians. IMO, Woolsey would have complained if Daniel had been the one to stay behind, as he would have insisted that a military person be there. Plus, I think there's a kind of mutual respect between Sam and Woolsey, even though they may disagree a lot of the time. He realizes how good she is at her job, and she realizes that he's got good intentions most of the time.

Anyway, the idea of going for the planes didn't come up until after Cam, Daniel and Teal'c found the airman. It made sense for the 2 pilots to continue on, since they were presumably already part of the way to wherever the planes were located. They sent Daniel back to tell Sam what was going on, and it wouldn't make sense for Sam to then go on her own to meet up with them. That's the way I saw it, in any case.

NC
                                Okay. I haven't watched it since it first aired so I didn't remember that the reason they left together wasn't to get the F302's but rather to find the missing red shirt. I stand corrected.

That being the case, they wouldn't want to chance going back to get another pilot and opted to continue on ahead to the F302's.

I guess I can handle that explanation. Plus like I said, it gave us beaucoup Sam!Snarkage tm with Woolsey.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X