Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    One of the letters could be a giant, full-colour screen capture of the Leadership poll results. And it shouldn't be sent to one person, IMO, because I'm all into paranoia and suspect the one person will destroy the evidence.
    On that lovely note, get people out to vote! We're only ahead by a little over 50%!! but I'm partially serious, where are these Mitchell votes coming from?
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Current Poll Results:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=24329&page=14

Carter: 72 %
      Mitchell: 20%
      Daniel/Teal'c: 8%

MG
      (can't chat - gotta run back to work - just a driveby - love ya'll!!! *kisses*)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Current Poll Results:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=24329&page=14

Carter: 72 %
        Mitchell: 20%
        Daniel/Teal'c: 8%

MG
        (can't chat - gotta run back to work - just a driveby - love ya'll!!! *kisses*)
        Well, it's obvious that the majority of people on Gateworld are in favour of Sam leading the team, and not all of them are Samandans. I really feel that Gateworld represents a good cross section of fans and, as such, it would be wise for TPTB to take note of results as overwhelming as this. It's not like there is only a couple of percent in it, Sam has 52% more of the vote, and I'm sure this poll is being plugged on the Cameron threads just as much as the Sam threads.

So why is this result so overwhelming? Look at the amazing character development over the years. We've seen so much of Sam, her history, her private and professional lives, we see her not just as a character, but as a preson with ten years of history, backstory and baggage.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          OK, this may be a bit off the most recent topic, but does anyone else think that Sam's character is not being used properly??? In The Scourge, WHY did Cam pick Daniel to go out and scout, with him and Teal'c? Daniel is NOT military and I don't recall any episode where he receives military training. Sam is a Lt. Col. in the US Air Force, and as such, should have been the logical choice, and NOT Daniel. He should have remained in the cave, and used his talents as a linguist and "people-person" to soothe the shaken "politicians".

OK, mini-rant over.
          My thought on that is that someone military had to stay with the IOA. If Jack were there, he might have done the same thing. Since the IOA was under the protection of the USAF, a USAF member had to stay with the delegation.

Personally, I found the entire episode boring and too long. I kept glancing at the clock waiting for it to be over.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm sure some of you have probably already found this icon site, but I figured I'd post it anyway. There are some really great Sam icons. Check it out.

http://pics.livejournal.com/pax89/gallery/0000p7hr

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I'm sure some of you have probably already found this, but I'd post it anyway. There are some really great Sam icon/avatars. Check it out.

http://pics.livejournal.com/pax89/gallery/0000p7hr
              Wow, they're amazing. Thanks for the link, Kat. I snagged the No Words one. It's gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                NOOOOOO!

The PP wasn't for you...it's for that insipid network. But lookie! We get to watch Passions daily now!!! And on the weekends we have Attack of the (fill in evil beast or swarm). Please...like I'd ever lift a finger against a fellow Amanda/Claudia fan.

Or anyone else for that matter.

I'm a featherweight.
                PHEW!!! For a second there I was a bit worried. Oooooober, check out the Vala/Claudia WOW thread...I'm gonna post an idea I'm borrowing from this thread.

SKY - it's all good, I'm just totally against "reality" shows. My life is enough of a reality that I don't need to watch people eat horse poo or get buried in their biggest fear (worms, roaches, spiders).
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Wow, they're amazing. Thanks for the link, Kat. I snagged the No Words one. It's gorgeous.
                  Thank you so much for the link sg. Fantastic pics, and I snagged a few too.......
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    I say if folks want a chatter thread, start it.

and whether or not it survives depends on whether or not folks use it

Some one please let me know when this new OTSamanda thread is open...I'll happily use it.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                      Some one please let me know when this new OTSamanda thread is open...I'll happily use it.
                      As I'm the culprit regarding the whole OT Samanda thread, I'll open it tomorrow when and if a majority of Samandans want it. We don't want our usual visitors to be left out because of time zones issues. Let's wait a full day and then you'll have free reign on the new thread SunKrux.
                      By the way, if you have an idea for the new thread's name, tell us please.
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

A while back our Royal Page suggested we pick an episode each week to discuss. What about picking one that is on the Sci Fi Monday line up so that those w/out DVDs (who have US cable anyway) can participate?
                        Tonight it looks like, "Tin Man," "There but for the Grace of God" and "In the Line of Duty" according to the GW main page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                          Thank you so much CG for saying so brilliantly what I was thinking lately.

[soapbox]

I'm not against a little OT chatter, as I certainly do it more than I should do. But let me give you an example.

Recently, some of you have been discussing other TV shows or movies, or I don't know what. Yes, I don't know what you're talking about. Why ? Because I live on the other side of the ocean and it makes me feel like Tealc and his "What is an Oprah ?" line. And for those who wonder, I still don't know what or who Oprah is and I can swear to you, I'm not a Jaffa. And what should happen happened. I didn't even bother going back into the thread to search for Sam's or Amanda's related posts because I had to go through so much off-topic chatter. I think it's sad. When I come on line, the first thing I do is reading what's going on on Samanda. The last few days, I lost my enthusiasm about it. I want it back.
                          I believe some other "big threads" have their own chatter thread in the off-topic section of GW. Why don't we open ours ? It would be the good place to share opinions with other Samandans and keep the discussion open to anyone if you feel like sharing it with all of us and would keep this thread on track, that is devoted to Amanda and Sam.
                          [/soapbox]

And to keep this on topic,

Thank you Amanda for nine years of Sam ! We love you!

How about Sam's Lab and Lounge. I know it's kinda silly, but it'll stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            A while back our Royal Page suggested we pick an episode each week to discuss. What about picking one that is on the Sci Fi Monday line up so that those w/out DVDs (who have US cable anyway) can participate?
                            Tonight it looks like, "Tin Man," "There but for the Grace of God" and "In the Line of Duty" according to the GW main page.
                            I'd say Line of Duty, but its such a common and huge ep for Sam, maybe Tim Man instead?
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              How about Sam's Lab and Lounge. I know it's kinda silly, but it'll stand out.
                              And what about Blue Jello Corner ?
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                And what about Blue Jello Corner ?
                                I like that idea. Or the Ring of Jello, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X