Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Sheesh I can't come up with something for here...you can imagine the struggle I'm having to come up with something for the card-thingy.
    Aw, well I'll tell you something. The most touching things I've read have been short and directly from the heart. No flowery words or pretty-speak, just plain old truth, and it shines right through the paper. I bet if you sat down and *stopped* trying to think about it, you'd know exactly what you wanted to say. It would just be there. Waiting to come out.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Okay we've talked about angry/irked Sam although I think we've barely touched the surface on that topic...so please continue with more examples as you think of them.

What about touchy/feely Sam? And no...I'm not talking about ship here. I'm talking about any and all Sam moments where she's hugged or been hugged or kissed or been kissed by someone. Male or female. A/U or not.

I'll start.

***WARNING...SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS***

She hugged Daniel when she saw he survived in The Serpent's Lair.

She kissed Jack (more like tackled him) when she was suffering from the broca disease in Broca Divide.

She hugged and kissed Joe Faxon several times in 2010...but then she was married to him so no surprise there.

She hugged and kissed Daniel, Teal'c and Janet in 2010 as well.

She hugged Janet at the end of Ripple Effect right before Janet returned to her reality.

Okay...floor's open!
      There are a couple ofl hugs with Cassie in Singularity - the most dramatic one being when Sam picks up Cassie and hugs her right after they realize the bomb in Cassie isn't going off..

And she almost always hugged Jacob when she greeted him or was saying goodbye.. There are a couple good ones with Jacob in Tokra II....

starprops

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Aw, well I'll tell you something. The most touching things I've read have been short and directly from the heart. No flowery words or pretty-speak, just plain old truth, and it shines right through the paper. I bet if you sat down and *stopped* trying to think about it, you'd know exactly what you wanted to say. It would just be there. Waiting to come out.
        Are we talking script elves here? Because if so, I am SO outta here.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Are we talking script elves here? Because if so, I am SO outta here.

Oh, wow - I just had a mental image of script elves as chest bursters from the Alien movies. Aaarrrggghhhh!!! Ack!!!! Ick!!!! Definitely NOT a good mental image.

:clenches eyes shuts and concentrates furiously trying to generate a better mental image:

Ah, here we go!

Sam beaming at Jack, Teal'c, Daniel, George Hammond, etc., from the podium as she accepts her Nobel in Physics...
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Hmm, I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. The card I posted in my earlier post was a card I made to show you guys what we sent. I didn't actually send the card itself to Amanda.

The gift we sent to Amanda was actually the beautiful bouquet of flowers show on the card, a bunch of helium balloons and a cute little teddy bear for Olivia. They were all shown on the card I posted earlier. There is however a small card that is delivered with these items and in it I put the message you saw ealier. I appreciate all the kind PM/email's I've recieved regarding my original post, but I didn't want anyone to feel mislead into believing I had actually sent that card I posted earlier as the gift. That was only something I tossed together for you to let everyone know about the welcome back gift we had sent.

Sorry for any misunderstandings,
            Kat
            Even better. Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
              Ben does seem pretty cool in interviews. He seems a pretty classy guy.

You're not talking about Ghosthunters are you? I have to admit, I love that show.
              No I'm not talking about Ghosthunters. See the show I'm talking about was sooooo popular, everyone's forgotten about it.

I'm talking about "Mad House".
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                No I'm not talking about Ghosthunters. See the show I'm talking about was sooooo popular, everyone's forgotten about it.

Oy...that insipid show?!??

/me reaches for pulse pistol

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Hey guys, just wanted to say I've received a couple more signatures for the poster and they're such sweet and such touching comments. Wow. You guys are makin' ME cry! Amanda's toast! lol

PS> Astro - your analysis was so great. Spot on. Wish you had more time to play here these days.

Hugs all,
                  MG
                  mini, i think what you're doing it *wonderful*, but i'll be honest... i feel totally out of my league in doing this signature thinger. i *want* to participate, i just don't really know how. so... could i just send you my quote, and 'you' put some kind of font to it?

please be honest if this is unfair to ask of you.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Oy...that insipid show?!??

/me reaches for pulse pistol
                    Hey, don't shoot!! I never watched it! I was just saying that SciLie isn't (aside from a handful of great shows) very good at what kinds of shows/movies it airs.

BTW - OOOooooober, you know I love you! ((((((OOOOoooober)))))
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

hey, i enjoyed it

it was fun to watch all the alts, for all their 'accept us' philosophy, showing that they were jsut as predjudice and narrow minded as they accused the 'normal' folks of being, especially fiona, the witch
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        mini, i think what you're doing it *wonderful*, but i'll be honest... i feel totally out of my league in doing this signature thinger. i *want* to participate, i just don't really know how. so... could i just send you my quote, and 'you' put some kind of font to it?

please be honest if this is unfair to ask of you.

sally
                        is it the scanniing part that spooks ya?

cause, totally speaking for MG here, you could write out your words and send it to her and she could scan it it.

I could too, but if mg doesn't mind doing it, that eliminates a middle person
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, don't shoot!! I never watched it! I was just saying that SciLie isn't (aside from a handful of great shows) very good at what kinds of shows/movies it airs.

BTW - OOOooooober, you know I love you! ((((((OOOOoooober)))))
                          NOOOOOO!

The PP wasn't for you...it's for that insipid network. But lookie! We get to watch Passions daily now!!! And on the weekends we have Attack of the (fill in evil beast or swarm). Please...like I'd ever lift a finger against a fellow Amanda/Claudia fan.

Or anyone else for that matter.

I'm a featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            is it the scanniing part that spooks ya?

cause, totally speaking for MG here, you could write out your words and send it to her and she could scan it it.

I could too, but if mg doesn't mind doing it, that eliminates a middle person
                            Yeah, I can do that. I've sent you a PM Sally.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh right! The one with the vampire living with the stockbroker or something? I never watched it.

::Hugs her Ghosthunters::

Comment

lol. sci-fi is so weird. people always ask me if I like sci-fi and I say not I like Stargate. It amazes me how big the difference between Stargate/Trek and stuff like Boa verses Python. No offence to anyone that likes that stuff , but i like my gate just fine.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X