Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    For those of you who have not already seen them, they have posted photos of the new, to be released, Sam action figure dolls on this thread Action Figure Sam

It looks as if there will be a green BDU and, desert camo version of Sam as well as Replicarter. According to what I have read there is also a black ops version of Jack, Daniel and Teal'c... so more than likely the same can be said about Sam.

It's hard to see Sam's facial expressions because of the lighting, but the ones for Teal'c look amazing.
    Thanks for posting that, Kat. I hadn't seen them. It would be nice to see them closer up, though. The O'Neill one looked good until you saw the close up. I hope it's not the same with the Sam ones.

And as for the card and poem, thank you, it's amazing. I love the pic and the poem, and it's so lovely and generous of you to send it on behalf of the whole thread.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

NC

Comment

Happy Birthday SG1 Fanitin

wow, all the february babies. it's so great!
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Pshaw. Janet!Janet makes your knees buckle.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
          Well I s'pose I can't argue... Teryl Rothery doing whatever makes my knees feel decidedly unfit for purpose...
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Because my week coming up is gonna be busy, i posted this week's chapter of trinkets today

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...etscrisis.html

enjoy

Yay! and Thanks!

Bucky

Comment

Okay we've talked about angry/irked Sam although I think we've barely touched the surface on that topic...so please continue with more examples as you think of them.

What about touchy/feely Sam? And no...I'm not talking about ship here. I'm talking about any and all Sam moments where she's hugged or been hugged or kissed or been kissed by someone. Male or female. A/U or not.

I'll start.

***WARNING...SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS***

She hugged Daniel when she saw he survived in The Serpent's Lair.

She kissed Jack (more like tackled him) when she was suffering from the broca disease in Broca Divide.

She hugged and kissed Joe Faxon several times in 2010...but then she was married to him so no surprise there.

She hugged and kissed Daniel, Teal'c and Janet in 2010 as well.

She hugged Janet at the end of Ripple Effect right before Janet returned to her reality.

Okay...floor's open!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Haven't been able to play here much beyond the quickest of lurks the past couple days due to playing nurse to my doggie who had surgery... and missed on several b-days including strix varia & sgfanintin (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!), but.... in between nurse duty I was able to put the final touches on my 3rd fanfic! (Yay!)

Now if you're interested in some reading that's sure to make you all warm inside on this cold February day (at least it's below freezing here in the U.S. MidAtlantic states!), I offer for your reading pleasure, a little late for Valentine’s Day, but still in the month of February…. *drum roll* Chameleon!

It picks up where Choices left off. (It’s #2 of a 3-part series. #3 is still in it’s infancy, so it won’t be up for a while…) Now I know many don't like S/J ship, so I will gave fair warning on this one - it is shippy! I gave it an M (mature) rating to be safe since there is some non-explicit intimacy, a smattering of curse words, and brief violence in one passage.

Teaser: With an unexpected incident shaking up the SGC, this special op may just be a mission impossible for Sam and Jack.
                Spoilers for: S1’s Children of the Gods, The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, & Cold Lazarus, S2’s In the Line of Duty, S3’s Point of View, A Hundred Days, & Shades of Grey, S4 Divide and Conquer, S6’s Abyss, S7’s Chimera & Heroes Pt.2, and S8’s Affinity & Sacrifices.

FF.Net:http://www.fanfiction.net/~shimmeringstar214
                GW: http://www.gateworld.net/cgi-bin/fan...List=0<br%20/>

(and big hugs to GW's F.H.Bagpuss for beta’ing and giving me the motivation to write a sequel to Choices. )
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Guys, that is so beyond generous and thoughtful. What a beautiful thing to do - and on behalf of the entire thread. CG - that poem is just perfect. You guys are so great!

Hugs,
                  MG
                  Ditto! Very lovely!

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday SG-1fanintn!!!

My LJ

Comment

Happy Birthday SG1 Fanintn!!!!!

Comment

we rebroke 70% on THE poll! If only those 15 hadn't voted for Danny and T, we'd be about to break 80!
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Happy birthday SG1Fanintin
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by &#220;berSG-1Fan
                            ***WARNING...SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS***

She hugged Daniel when she saw he survived in The Serpent's Lair.

She kissed Jack (more like tackled him) when she was suffering from the broca disease in Broca Divide.

She hugged and kissed Joe Faxon several times in 2010...but then she was married to him so no surprise there.

She hugged and kissed Daniel, Teal'c and Janet in 2010 as well.

She hugged Janet at the end of Ripple Effect right before Janet returned
                            to her reality.
                            She was hugged by a mulitude of people they had rescued at the end of COTG.

She hugged Jack at the end of Serpent's Lair.

She was hugged by Cassie in Singularity.

She hugged Jacob at the end of Seth.

She kissed Jacob's forehead in Threads.

Jack gave her a hug in his infirmary in Heroes II.

Jack gave her a hug in Fire & Water during the hypnosis session.

Sam gave Daniel a hug at his apartment in Forever In a Day.

Teal'c gave her a hug in locker room in Paradise Lost.

Teal'c gave her a hug in her lab in Heroes II.

Pete gave her hug and a kiss after she accepted his proposal in Affinity.

AU Jack gave AU Sam a hug just before he went to talk with evil!Teal'c in TBTGOG.

Jacob gave Sam a hug just before he was about to accept the symbiote in Tokra Pt II.

I don't want to be a complete hug hog, so I'l leave it at that. Next!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              Just want to say I think you're mistaken in where you think the majority of this thread, anyway, is focusing their ire regarding the treatment of Sam recently. I don't see most people focusing on Ben. Please don't mistake the fact that many of us think the character of Cameron Mitchell is a mess for criticism of BB.

I like Ben Browder. I was excited to see him coming onto SG1 when RDA left. (Though, in truth, I might have preferred Adam Baldwin, but that's a personal preferance.) As to the job BB's doing....I don't see too many people here, in this thread blaming Ben. Certainly, not the majority of people. I think BB's been given a whole lot of craptastic crap to work with. Maybe he could have done better with it, maybe not. But the blame whirling dervish that is Cameron Mitchell belongs the least at BB's feet.

As for your analysis of how the blame can be shared among the Sci-Fi network, and the showrunner-I agree. I add poor scripts to that mix, whoever is to blame for the current lackluster writing staff.

The problem with Sci-Fi network, as I've always seen it, is that they simply don't understand the genre. They see it as a previously untapped niche, where they can make some good money. But they don't get science fiction. Nor really, do they get science fiction fans.

Right on Deejay435! I know I've said some stuff that seriously pissed off one Ben fan, but it was just my humble opininon on his acting talent, not against the man. I think Ben is a fanfrellin'tastic man. Slowly over the past few eps, his acting has been changing my mind. Good on him!

It's funny that a network that is supposed to be promoting Science Fiction/Fantasy based shows doesn't know diddly squat about the genre.

I'm just glad they saw the error of their way and got rid of the reality show they had a while back.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

You know what would make this even better? Screen caps! Try screencapping your angry/irate Sam and your touchy/feely Sam moments...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X