Clear All

Ooooh I just got my third green jello thanks majorsal
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      It's funny after watching the Scourge
      Spoiler:
      I ended up liking Woolsey after hating him for so long; and yet "good guy" Cam, I still don't care for him
      Excellent point - I too liked Woolsey, he grew on me more in 1 episode than Mitchell has in 17! I loved the scene with Woolsey and Carter when he finally yelled at the whiny french twit so Carter could do her job and at the end when he looked right at Carter in the briefing room before he left - there was a sign of respect he gave to her and only to her, IMO. Carter, once again, saved the day and the whiny twits they had to watch over, thereby, not just saving all of their lives, again, but also saving the US governments a$$ big time.

Comment

Happy belated birthday Strix !
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          OK, I watched the ep tonight... I had low expectations for the little bugger, but it was OK.

Spoiler:

If you're watching it, and you notice minimal Carter presence, it's OK. Stick it out until about halfway-2/3 through the ep, and you'll be pleasantly surprised by the convo she and Woolsey had. Also, there were some quirky/funny moments between Carter and Annoying French Guy (sorry Lys, that guy was NOT a good representation of your country ).

Next week seems a bit wonky, though. O.o Don't know what THAT'S about.
          Spaz, I AM a good representation of my country. Next time they need a French on Stargate, I fly to the studios. First, I get to see the stargate , second, they'll have a real French with a real accent , and last, I won't let them go with stereotypes and clichés. I've never eaten frog legs, I'm not too fond of bread and I sure never wander around with a beret on my head and a baguette under my arm.
          I don't know about this guy, I haven't seen Bane 2.0 yet, but I had a problem with the ambassador in Disclosure. How stupid he looked !
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            it's my understanding that it had a lot to do with financial issues and two parties - scifi and hensen - reaching an impasse which resulted in skiffy saying 'ok, fine, you're not re-upped' or something along that vein

personally? i think the only way ratings came into it was because stargate was beating farscape which likely gave FS less bargaining power than they would have liked
            That's about the jist of it, but you forgot, SG1 came to SciLie with an already well established fan base through it's years of syndication. FS built it's fan base mostly by word of mouth of fans since SciLie couldn't either be bothered to advertise it or didn't care to advertise it.

Back to Amanda before I get yelled at, again.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              I think we all learned an important lesson from the Scourge tonight
              Spoiler:
              Don't eat the MEATLOAF
              Or at least
              Spoiler:
              Dont' feed it to ALIEN bugs

I actually enjoyed the eps tonight. Sam had some GREAT one liners. I LOVED her reaction to Mitchell's
              Spoiler:
              tree ferrets
              Had me crackin' up big time!
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...mena_maury.jpg

I have lived here six years and this winter because of the unusually warm weather, these outdoor creatures have decided to move inside!! Oh, I wonder if their common name would reflect back on some of S9 ... they're called stink bugs! And if anyone knows how to get rid of these hardy buggers, please PM me now!
                I'm afraid I have no solution to your problem Jester.
                The stinkbugs we get here in Aus seem to be much brighter in colour, and are usually only around for a short period of time (more in Autumn for us I think, though I don't know about outside of NSW). They are similar in shape to the one you pictured though.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  It'll get better. I understand your negative feelings and your need to find something positive to hold onto as well. I feel like I'm battling that all the time.

But I'd like to consider myself a realist. I mean, realistically, there's probably not much more they can do with this show before it is either canned or changed completely. If things are going to get better, then by all means, I think it's important to focus on the future and what it has to offer. However, if things aren't going to get better, then perhaps we should focus on the past... You know, all of the good things that got you watching the show in the first place. I'm sure there are tons of things you can remember! I'm open to some suggestions myself. I need a good pick-me-up these days, too, and since I can't screencap ANYTHING, maybe someone else can get the ball rolling on that!
                  Well spaz, I think we could all find heaps to talk about pre season9.
                  How about watching... Foothold again?
                  I know we've done season polls in the past, but how about just picking an episode at random each week, and everyone who has it on DVD or video can discuss or screencap it? Any takers?
                  What say ye?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    just out of curiousity (sick, morbid curiousity), any takers on what i look like? (please, be kind! )
                    *tries really, really, really hard not to think of the doll in the "Avenger" Felger episode*
                    Um...

Nope, I'll rather go with the photo/image someone posted way back when I was just a little newbie. Was it Kat? A photo of Sam Carter in her BDU's shooting the hell out of something, and the title written on it was 'Stargate Barbie'.
                    (in reference to a comment that Amanda herself made when her gun wouldn't work. I'm sure you know the one; I assume that's where you got your name from)

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      And I had her as a brunette.

I'm blonde btw...although my wavy, shoulder-length tresses are starting to change to a light brown.
                      I remember a picture of a 'little' Über posted on here some while ago . She was blonde.
                      Photos of me when I was tiny show me as having really light brown hair, almost a blonde (but never quite). Now my hair is really dark, not black, but real dark. Currently it's a little below chin length.

As for Kat, I really couldn't figure out what the pieces of grass was about, until I realised... Nox. But no, looking at pictures of Kat's daughter, I thought she had lovely long reddish glossy hair like Kaleesta.

I've seen a picture of Coley climbing a clifface in the past, and mistook her for Amanda, as she actually did have short blonde hair! Only Coley doesn't have an avatar, so I wasn't expecting it!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I was a blonde as a baby too. Until I was about three (I see there were no takers on what I look like)
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          I was a blonde as a baby too. Until I was about three (I see there were no takers on what I look like)
                          You see, I had you pictured in my head as still being blonde .
                          So, Tracy Jane, are you for or against Star Trek? I used to watch the original Star Trek series obsessively when I was littler. It was one of my first scifi shows, and I lived on it.
                          That was, however, before I discovered...
                          Stargate!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            You see, I had you pictured in my head as still being blonde .
                            So, Tracy Jane, are you for or against Star Trek? I used to watch the original Star Trek series obsessively when I was littler. It was one of my first scifi shows, and I lived on it.
                            That was, however, before I discovered...
                            Stargate!
                            No, I'm a brunette with Weir hair (actually totally unintentional. It should be more Sam Season Eight Hair, but it's grown out).

Anyway, I'm torn on the Star Trek issue. Some TOS eps are amazing. The Trouble With Tribbles remains my favourite ever TV show to this day, followed closely by the DS9 show, Trials and Tribbleations. I always wanted a pet Tribble as a kid. ENT is just shocking, though, and certain VOY eps were just madness. You cannot reach Warp 10. Fundamental law of Trek. And they broke it.

Anyway, were there any fantasy creatures you guys wanted to have when you were little. (Pet Teal'c's excluded, Sky)
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The Scourge
                              Spoiler:
                              It was an OK episode. The whole space bugs thing was a bit cheesy and lame (plus I didn't think the VFX on the bugs was all that great. Bit of a surprise considering they usually do a fantastic job on the VFX...)
                              However I did like Sam in it She was right on the ball and her interactions with Woolsey were great. Go Sam!

Comment

I liked Scourge.

I thought
                                Spoiler:
                                it was overall pretty cool. I didn't mind the lack of Sam dialog in the first bits, because the reaction shots, and her expressions were very well done. Sam took the whole "babysitting" job with the grace I would expect of her, and an air force officer.

The few times I didn't like Mitchell in the story were the beginning bits, when he whined and pouted because he didn't like the assignment. But, toward the end, I began to see hints of the Mitchell that could have been. Tree ferrets? Priceless. It's one of the scenes I rewound and watched three times.

I also liked that they were working on team issues, however baby-steppishly. Daniel was arguing with Mitchell, not backing down or rolling his eyes and giving up. Good.

And Teal'c and Mitchell's scene. Whee! That was fun. I love me some Teal'c! When Mitchell was nagging T about moving out of the mountain, and Teal'c so quietly and perfectly put his foot down-a good learning moment for Mitchell I thought.

And Sam?

Oh how I love, love, love snarky Sam.

She held things together so well. She was perfect. Her conftontation with Woolsey was definately a scene I watched over and over.

And her quiet resignation when she told the others escape wasn't going to be as easy as Mitchell had thought. What a burden to be the only one who knows that relief and joy at rescue was unrealistic. How well AT played that scene when she tells the rest of them. Wonderful.

I adored Sam in this episode. I can't wait to watch it again.

And Starship Troopers? Okay, really, really cheesy. But I laughed my butt off!
                                I'd give it an 8 of 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X