No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I watched the ep tonight... I had low expectations for the little bugger, but it was OK.

Spoiler:

If you're watching it, and you notice minimal Carter presence, it's OK. Stick it out until about halfway-2/3 through the ep, and you'll be pleasantly surprised by the convo she and Woolsey had. Also, there were some quirky/funny moments between Carter and Annoying French Guy (sorry Lys, that guy was NOT a good representation of your country ).

I don't see this ep as being able to boost ratings all that much, but if anything, it did have a better team feel. They weren't amazingly gelling like past seasons, but it was pretty good. They apparently have movie nights on a regular basis. If you're thinking to yourself, "WTFrell?," you're not alone. Because, see, if I thought that THIS SG-1 was a team that had movie nights on a fairly regular basis, I'd expect a whole lot more gellin' like magellan from these people. Either way, it's good to know they all trust each other and hang out more. It's very necessary these days.

And man, but that Chinese representative was aggressive! Yeesh. Icy, that's all I have to say. And she definitely wants Daniel. And I don't mean for his linguistics or diplomacy, either. She has her sights on him for more than one reason, and she is hellbent on letting him know about it - especially in regards to China somehow getting control of the Gate. I know, I know. That kinda came outta left field, but it may be interesting. And if it's foreshadowing, excellent. If it's just an empty threat... Well, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Overall, not fantastic (Prodigy vibes, anyone?), but not horrible. It's worth a re-watch, if only to see the subtleties that AT, CJ, BB and MS added to their characters throughout a rather lackluster story. And trust me. You. Want. To. See. The. Sam/Woolsey. Convo. Promise!

Next week seems a bit wonky, though. O.o Don't know what THAT'S about.
    Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 17 February 2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      I beg to differ. Vala's outfits are way too sexual compared to Aeryn's. Even in the later seasons of FS, Aeryn was still pretty much wearing more "military" style clothing.

Personally, I don't think that SciLie is trying to recreate FS. IF they had wanted to keep FS around so much, they would have found a way to do it. It wasn't all just Henson & co.'s fault that the show was canned. SciLie sited ratings as one of the main reasons (aside from the whole financial issue) for canning the show. That's all I'm saying.
      Hmmm. Totally OT, but people actually blamed Henson and Co? As I recall it, at the time, my entire ire went to Sci-Fi network. Oh the names I called them. Still do, actually.

Sorry, back to regularly scheduled Sam loving.

Comment

so, watched the ep.
        Spoiler:
        Sam was very good in it, some very nice dialog exchange with Woolsy. Good shooting and tech (thu no babble, just work) scenes, and of course she saved the day! yay! Daniel and Teal'c even did some stuff! Cam was being Cam. i refuse to rant. rather bad polt devices at the beginning, but ok after it started
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Okay guys, I need some help here. Or maybe it's encouragement I need. The only reason I am currently watching SG-1 is because of Sam Carter and her portrayal by Amanda. Amanda is excellent! But I'm really not liking season 9 nor am I liking the way Sam is written. And I'm just having trouble seeing them as a team. I don't want to get into why I dislike a certain character on the team, because I'm sure others on this list like him. I find myself screaming at the TV "shut up" every time this character opens their mouth.

Someone please tell me it's going to get better and to keep hanging in there? I'm really only watching in order to support Amanda. I don't want to let her down!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            so, watched the ep.
            Spoiler:
            Sam was very good in it, some very nice dialog exchange with Woolsy. Good shooting and tech (thu no babble, just work) scenes, and of course she saved the day! yay! Daniel and Teal'c even did some stuff! Cam was being Cam. i refuse to rant. rather bad polt devices at the beginning, but ok after it started
            You're right.
            Spoiler:
            Sam does keep saving the day. Wow.

Also, one more thing:
            Spoiler:

I love Dr. Lee to bits, but they seem to like to Mary Sue him as much as Daniel and Sam... What DOES he do? He works on Ancient tech, he's an entymologist, he's a botanist (space corn and the Audrey 2 wannabe plant from S8), he's a physicist, etc. Just wondering, cuz I've never had a problem with Daniel and Sam being Mary Sues - they're the heroes. Dr. Lee just seems mightily well-rounded for his character's significance.

Comment

it's my understanding that it had a lot to do with financial issues and two parties - scifi and hensen - reaching an impasse which resulted in skiffy saying 'ok, fine, you're not re-upped' or something along that vein

personally? i think the only way ratings came into it was because stargate was beating farscape which likely gave FS less bargaining power than they would have liked
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                Okay guys, I need some help here. Or maybe it's encouragement I need. The only reason I am currently watching SG-1 is because of Sam Carter and her portrayal by Amanda. Amanda is excellent! But I'm really not liking season 9 nor am I liking the way Sam is written. And I'm just having trouble seeing them as a team. I don't want to get into why I dislike a certain character on the team, because I'm sure others on this list like him. I find myself screaming at the TV "shut up" every time this character opens their mouth.

Someone please tell me it's going to get better and to keep hanging in there? I'm really only watching in order to support Amanda. I don't want to let her down!
                It'll get better. I understand your negative feelings and your need to find something positive to hold onto as well. I feel like I'm battling that all the time.

But I'd like to consider myself a realist. I mean, realistically, there's probably not much more they can do with this show before it is either canned or changed completely. If things are going to get better, then by all means, I think it's important to focus on the future and what it has to offer. However, if things aren't going to get better, then perhaps we should focus on the past... You know, all of the good things that got you watching the show in the first place. I'm sure there are tons of things you can remember! I'm open to some suggestions myself. I need a good pick-me-up these days, too, and since I can't screencap ANYTHING, maybe someone else can get the ball rolling on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  it's my understanding that it had a lot to do with financial issues and two parties - scifi and hensen - reaching an impasse which resulted in skiffy saying 'ok, fine, you're not re-upped' or something along that vein

personally? i think the only way ratings came into it was because stargate was beating farscape which likely gave FS less bargaining power than they would have liked
                  My, how history seems to be repeating itself. It's ironic, though. You'd think a network that has as few first run series as Sci Fi would be more inclined to be patient with its series (or, ya know, change tactics SOMEWHERE, fcol) - especially now that they have NBC/Universal.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka

#cough#

weeeell... sam is still on the show, and amanda's still playing her... but that's as much encouragement that i can give you.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Just sayin', I did watch tonight's episode and would give it a lukewarm review. Did anyone notice that
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam did not have one word of dialogue in the very first scene before the credits went up? However, she did get to save the day once more and had some good dialogue going there with Woolsey. I think I'm losing it though ... each week it's getting harder and harder to really hear and decipher all the speed-talk coming out of BB and MS. It's like I'll have to watch it a few more times to really understand what they were saying. FCOL, I think I understood the Chinese they spoke rather than the English!

So here's my contribution to Scourge ... put yourself in my place. How would you like to sit in your living room watching
                      Spoiler:
                      these nasty looking beetle-like bugs running out of control
                      when you have their clones crawling up your living-room drapes?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...mena_maury.jpg

I have lived here six years and this winter because of the unusually warm weather, these outdoor creatures have decided to move inside!! Oh, I wonder if their common name would reflect back on some of S9 ... they're called stink bugs! And if anyone knows how to get rid of these hardy buggers, please PM me now!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 17 February 2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I think we all learned an important lesson from the Scourge tonight
                        Spoiler:
                        Don't eat the MEATLOAF
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

I have lived here six years and this winter because of the unusually warm weather, these outdoor creatures have decided to move inside!! Oh, I wonder if their common name would reflect back on some of S9 ... they're called stink bugs! And if anyone knows how to get rid of these hardy buggers, please PM me now!
                          I'm afraid there is only one way to get rid of them. Call up General Landry
                          Spoiler:
                          and have him send a ship to drop a very deadly neurotoxin on your neighbourhood
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I think we all learned an important lesson from the Scourge tonight
                            Spoiler:
                            Don't eat the MEATLOAF
                            Thank you. That's the best laugh I've had today. Who says the series can't be useful

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Just sayin', I did watch tonight's episode and would give it a lukewarm review. Did anyone notice that
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam did not have one word of dialogue in the very first scene before the credits went up? However, she did get to save the day once more and had some good dialogue going there with Woolsey. I think I'm losing it though ... each week it's getting harder and harder to really hear and decipher all the speed-talk coming out of BB and MS. It's like I'll have to watch it a few more times to really understand what they were saying. FCOL, I think I understood the Chinese they spoke rather than the English!

So here's my contribution to Scourge ... put yourself in my place. How would you like to sit in your living room watching
                              Spoiler:
                              these nasty looking beetle-like bugs running out of control
                              when you have their clones crawling up your living-room drapes?

first off, BUUUUUUGGGSSSS!!! --> bug <--

and yes, chopingal, i noticed the lack of
                              Spoiler:
                              sam dialog in the opening scenes.

i had fun with the ep, if you can call watching an ep through my fingers. hate, hate, hate bugs

GREAT scenes between sam and woolsey!

sam came up with the solution and implimented it. sam be cool baby

even though mitchell didn't make me want to pop him one in this ep, i *still* want just sam, daniel, and teal'c as sg1. only crossed my mind once about the bugs munching on mitchell

didn't like the movie night talk, though... i miss jack and only want that closeness between the original sg1. but i'm dealing

over all, i give the ep a 7 out of 10. i guess.

next week's ep looks interesting, with sam and mitchell
                              Spoiler:
                              going invisible and such.

anyone have caps of sam and woolsey's scenes together?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

It's funny after watching the Scourge
                                Spoiler:
                                I ended up liking Woolsey after hating him for so long; and yet "good guy" Cam, I still don't care for him
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X