No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dani... could you please get on MSN as soon as you can? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      I have no doubt that Amanda will shine in whatever role she plays. As far as I'm concerned she's much much more than Stargate SG1 and maybe it is time for her to bloom. She has never looked more beautiful than she does now, She is turning heads, making waves and making people take notice all over the place - remember the Hit List, The most searched for Actors using Yahoo and all the roles she was offered in the closed season - well I think it may be time for Amanda to spread her wings and fly. I just hope I get to see her in any future role she plays - which is rather doubtful as the Isle of Lewis doesn't seem to be able to get channel 5 and I doubt if it has digital coverage yet... Anyone seen the movie "The Land That Time Forgot"....well...
      Amen to that. I'm still crossing my fingers for her on Lost. I can dream, can't I? I wonder if AT watches Lost...
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

well i made my first venture into the fire that is the arguement of who should lead, on that thread, the one with the poll.

i read the AT interview that NC posted, and it didn't really bother me. i still like season 9, its much better than most sci fi shows out there, its just not up to the usual stargate standard. having said that i don't think they'll go past season 10, as i believe that sci fi are out to shaft the whole show so they can get back to the good ol' days when BB and CB ruled the network, but the network was just too stupid to realise it.

i think they are giving stargate the fox treatment. as in what the fox network tends to do to the show's they have with a lot of potential.

and i skimmed over the BB interview but after the first few times where he referred to himself as the leader, i had to skip over it. and MS's interview irked me slightly too. one has to wonder if AT and the fans were the only ones informed of the "co-leader" line. the others seem to be oblivious to it. this is the only thing that really bothers me.

AT's stuff about working with david hewlett didn't bother me at all. i do see sexual tension between them. she knows he's attracted to her, and she thinks he's a jerk, yet she still feels some sympathy for him. that'd make me tense! and the whole thing about liking to play that version of sam, i like to see it. its really where she can go out of character with her, and almost ham it up.

having said that i got the impression that she was just planning on sticking with the show until after the 200th episode, and if they were to get signed up for another season, she quite possibly would not be there with them.
        if they let sci fi run their show into the ground, then i really hope she doesn't stick around. like i say, i'm enjoying season 9, but not loving it. i'm still cautiously optimistic for the future though.

Comment

Well, just very briefly read a few posts about the state of affairs regarding Stargate as it is now.

A shadow of it's former self is my opinion.

This time last year I was dreaming about Sam in command, both Daniel and Teal'c coming more into the fore and a new team member (or even Jonas returning) to make the team whole again.

In my mind there were still many adventures to be had, worlds to explore, butts to kick - with Sam being the one leading the way.

I even still pined for Janet to return somehow and for Hammond to come back to lead SGC. Oh yes what sweet dreams I had.

I'm now left gnashing my teeth in fitful, disturbed sleep, cringing at the misfits of characters, sloppy writing and the reduction in respect offered to the female viewers. i.e. we're not interesting unless we show a bit of chest!!!

A lot of comment from the magazines is that the writing is very poor, though I'm amazed that they do seem to like the new characters including V.. V.... V... Oh you know who I just can't bring myself to type.

It is not the actors - it is the direction the show is going and the writing that is letting the show down. It is in fact not SG1 at all. As 1speed quite rightly punned it is SG1 Gone!!

Sad to say this time last year I didn't want Stargate SG1 to ever end whereas now, I actually haven't even bothered to view ep's 9, 10 and 11.

So I have to say It wouldn't bother me a jot if there was no 11th season, unless someone gets their heads out from the sticky place where they are residing and grows up a bit and gets the show back to some credible writing, plots and characters - then I may change my mind.

I would be sad to see my fave TV Character SAM CARTER leave the screen, but I do have my season 1 to 8 DVD's to keep me wrapped in a warm glow.

I have no doubt that Amanda will shine in whatever role she plays. As far as I'm concerned she's much much more than Stargate SG1 and maybe it is time for her to bloom. She has never looked more beautiful than she does now, She is turning heads, making waves and making people take notice all over the place - remember the Hit List, The most searched for Actors using Yahoo and all the roles she was offered in the closed season - well I think it may be time for Amanda to spread her wings and fly. I just hope I get to see her in any future role she plays - which is rather doubtful as the Isle of Lewis doesn't seem to be able to get channel 5 and I doubt if it has digital coverage yet... Anyone seen the movie "The Land That Time Forgot"....well...

Anyway. I think I am just mirroring what nearly everyone else thinks.

I do hope that TPTB wake up.

For me I will never quite get over the disappointment at Sam not being in command of SG1 and I fear that will not change.

A Brit Mag has on the front cover this month "Ben Browder, leading SG1 into season 10" I had to restrain myself from ripping the cover up right there on the news stand!! Err AT, CJ, MS they will always lead above BB in my eyes, always!!
          Beautifully written Coley. I just wish it didn't give me such little hope for what's ahead of me in season9.
          I too remember this time last year. It's odd, isn't it, that so much can change in a year. We were all happily speculating on what great stuff Sam was going to be doing in the next season. Admittedly, TPTB weren't throwing us many bones to speculate from, but nevertheless, I think our speculation was going in far more desirable directions than it would appear they have.
          Also, this time last year, Amanda hadn't even had Olivia. I think being a mum has brought out a new glow in Amanda (not that she wasn't glowing before ) She just seems so very beautiful, and it's a real true beauty. It's beauty not just because she's young, it's not beauty just because she's pretty, it's... I can only describe it as radiating. And I haven't even met her, this is just my observation from photos I've seen. My favourite picture of her this year is the one that's on the cover of my Aus version of the official Stargate magazine. It's totally gorgeous!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
            Thanks for the link Deejay435. Now, we are already at 65.66%. If only TPTB would take it to heart.
            Now 66.98%!!!

Comment

Err I'm afraid I'm one person who wants to see soldier/scientist sam. I'm going to annoy the hell out of a number of Samandans by saying I'm not interested whatsoever in seeing cleavage Sam. (Even though Amanda looks amazing and would reel in the crowds)

I also don't want too much emotional stuff. It a sci fi show. I want my SG1 back - Matter of Time, Crystal Skull, Small Victories, Exodus, Failsafe, Solitudes - etc etc there was emotion from sam in all of these, but it was interlayered with a great sci fi plot every time.
              I know what you mean, in that I started watching Stargate because it was a scifi show. I've always enjoyed science fiction. Stargate seemed like such a fresh and different kind of scifi. Only it's changed so much now it's like it's a diferent show.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Alas, I was actually serious. It was scary. I think even my dog was distressed. Hence the icon.

I'm cursed (or blessed, as the case may be) with shockingly curly red hair. Some mornings, I'd swear an entire family of ferrets held a festival on my head overnight. Scary is the right word, I promise. At least until I attack the celebration with water!
                Wow! Mini has curly red hair!? I never would have guessed!

Oddly enough, she always ended up with short blonde hair in my mind. But then, a lot of people around here manage to do that!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

Oddly enough, she always ended up with short blonde hair in my mind. But then, a lot of people around here manage to do that!
                  And I had her as a brunette.

I'm blonde btw...although my wavy, shoulder-length tresses are starting to change to a light brown.

And did NO ONE like my Miss Piggy thing??? Misquoting HAMlet?!?!??? /me pouts

Here's the full scene with Miss Piggy and Kermit though, just because I thought it was cute:

Miss Piggy: Methinks thou doth protest too much.
                  Kermit: What?
                  Miss Piggy: Shakespeare.
                  Kermit: Sounds more like Bacon. From a ham.
                  Miss Piggy: How would you like a pork chop? Hi-yah!
                  [karate chops Kermit]
                  Miss Piggy: You always hurt the one you love.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

yes, odd isn't it?
                    although i'm sure a lot of people picture me as a guy, sometimes an old man who looks suspiciously like henry gibson, sometimes a hot jaffa, sometimes a guy with a magnifying glass in front of his face....

i wonder why that is....

Comment

Yeah, I keep thinking that too! And that Sky has short blonde hair, and Ooober.... Ooober *is* GUP Sam! Strix has long, silky black hair and Kat has frizzy hair with strands of grass in it. I wonder what I look like? Any takers?
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I'm blonde btw...although my wavy, shoulder-length tresses are starting to change to a light brown.

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...edsamandan.jpg

Here's the full scene with Miss Piggy and Kermit though, just because I thought it was cute:

[karate chops Kermit]
                        Oooberness, you are appreciated, I just kinda skim read that post. I miss you and your madness!!! And I love the seal, by the way. Very clever.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Oooberness, you are appreciated, I just kinda skim read that post. I miss you and your madness!!! And I love the seal, by the way. Very clever.
                          It's nice to dust it off every now and then when I feel the need to whine.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[karate chops Kermit]
                            thats acually weird, because i have brown hair that i think is starting to go blonde again (i was blonde as a child).

i won't put a pic of AT as my avatar because i don't want to trick people into thinking i'm actually that good looking! lol.

and i love the miss piggy thing! anything muppet related is always good.

Comment

[karate chops Kermit]
                              Never think you're unappreciated!
                              Just I'm only just catching up on posts since yesterday morning!!! It takes a while.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well, just very briefly read a few posts about the state of affairs regarding Stargate as it is now.

A shadow of it's former self is my opinion.

This time last year I was dreaming about Sam in command, both Daniel and Teal'c coming more into the fore and a new team member (or even Jonas returning) to make the team whole again.

In my mind there were still many adventures to be had, worlds to explore, butts to kick - with Sam being the one leading the way.

I even still pined for Janet to return somehow and for Hammond to come back to lead SGC. Oh yes what sweet dreams I had.

I'm now left gnashing my teeth in fitful, disturbed sleep, cringing at the misfits of characters, sloppy writing and the reduction in respect offered to the female viewers. i.e. we're not interesting unless we show a bit of chest!!!

A lot of comment from the magazines is that the writing is very poor, though I'm amazed that they do seem to like the new characters including V.. V.... V... Oh you know who I just can't bring myself to type.

It is not the actors - it is the direction the show is going and the writing that is letting the show down. It is in fact not SG1 at all. As 1speed quite rightly punned it is SG1 Gone!!

Sad to say this time last year I didn't want Stargate SG1 to ever end whereas now, I actually haven't even bothered to view ep's 9, 10 and 11.

So I have to say It wouldn't bother me a jot if there was no 11th season, unless someone gets their heads out from the sticky place where they are residing and grows up a bit and gets the show back to some credible writing, plots and characters - then I may change my mind.

I would be sad to see my fave TV Character SAM CARTER leave the screen, but I do have my season 1 to 8 DVD's to keep me wrapped in a warm glow.

Anyway. I think I am just mirroring what nearly everyone else thinks.

I do hope that TPTB wake up.

For me I will never quite get over the disappointment at Sam not being in command of SG1 and I fear that will not change.

A Brit Mag has on the front cover this month "Ben Browder, leading SG1 into season 10" I had to restrain myself from ripping the cover up right there on the news stand!! Err AT, CJ, MS they will always lead above BB in my eyes, always!!
                                Nice Post

I agree and this upsets me. I can see after S10, saying farewell to Sg-1 due to TPTB and Skiffy's failure to take into account what the majority of the fans want to see which is Lt.(Full Bird even better) Colonel Samantha Carter leading Sg-1 in season 10. I always thought, "Majority Rules." "Fans are what keeps this show going." So why are TPTB wearing the blinders?

Comment

Working...
                                X