No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally, i don't see scifi wanting to bring the show back for s11. I think that someone at scifi is a huge scaper and is campaigning for a recreation of farscape and they're using stargate to do it.

now i'm not diminishing ben or claudia at all. both of htem are good actors....but both of them, thus far, have been written so poorly that it's rather pathetic. it's like someone bought a ton of filet mignon and is grinding it up and serving it on a bun with a side of fries

they have some gret actors....but they're being given drek to work with.

shoddy scripts, plotholes a 3 y ear old could avoid, clilched characterizations and the endless homage to anything and every movie they watch
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STRIX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        personally, i don't see scifi wanting to bring the show back for s11. I think that someone at scifi is a huge scaper and is campaigning for a recreation of farscape and they're using stargate to do it.

now i'm not diminishing ben or claudia at all. both of htem are good actors....but both of them, thus far, have been written so poorly that it's rather pathetic. it's like someone bought a ton of filet mignon and is grinding it up and serving it on a bun with a side of fries

they have some gret actors....but they're being given drek to work with.

shoddy scripts, plotholes a 3 y ear old could avoid, clilched characterizations and the endless homage to anything and every movie they watch
        sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            NC, would there be a way of you scanning the actual article (like you scanned the pages to show the pictures) so we could read the 'entire' interview?

sally
            I'll pm you with more info if you want, but I didn't think I should post the entire interview. I actually only left out one paragraph.

and here it is
            "I am ‘Exposition Girl’, but I think there is more of a balance in the show as to who is explaining what. There’s a lot of different mythology going on – and as much as we’re dealing with the technobabble aspects of the Ori, we’re also dealing with the mythology, and that’s Daniel’s department, as it always has been. So there is a balance."

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

AT will have more time to spend with olivia and enjoy more of those fun pre-terrible 2's toddler years
              My little neice is two months older than Olivia is, and she's the most adorable little sweetheart. Her mommy and I will be cooking up something in the kitchen and she'll be toddling around the house with her little "pop pop pop" vacuum cleaner (you know the plastic kind with the plastic confetti inside? ) ... and then she'll come pop-popping into the kitchen, let the vacuum cleaner go and grab mommy's leg for a big hug, then mine (cuz I'm there and she wants to be FAIR *g*), and then she'll go pop-poping off again, singin' off key and babbling all the way. I LOVE her at this age so much. It's the CUTEST!!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Historian, MandySG1, Tracy Jane, deepspace, Myrth, dancer, Sky, NC, 1Speed, AD, Chopin Gal... thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! What a wonderful way to start my day! CG, your poem had me in stitches (somehow, I don't think Sam would truly appreciate all the whumping I put her through); and even though I am more inclined to drool over Amanda wrapped in a flag, it does not mean that I can't appreciate a bare-chested Daniel. I'll just set him over in the corner and let all of my straight female friends swoon over him, so thank you, Mandy!

(I do think Amanda is being rewarded for some past-life good karma to be working with so many good-looking guys. )

My LJ

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY FEATHERS!!

May you get everything you wish for!
                  (Well, within REASON )

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

On the topic of Farscape The Revival, I have evidence of just how Farscape-like they've made it. Yes, Vala is different to Aeryn, but the outfits are similar, but with Mitchell they've changed the outfit and kept the character. Ripple Effect, anyone?

Anyway, on one of the very few Tuesdays I got off in Semester One (I was coaching the debating squad: side note we're off to the European championships next month, so any of you who happen to be going, you have been warned), I managed to sit down and watch an episode. I think it was The Ties That Bind, though I can't be sure.

My housemate's fiance came into the room, plonked himself on the sofa and goes "Whooooooaa! Farscape, coool!" After ten minutes.... a whole ten minutes... he turned round, looked at me and said, "I don't remember this episode. Who's that chick, there?" Ten minutes. Says something about the tone of the show, dontcha think?
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      My housemate's fiance came into the room, plonked himself on the sofa and goes "Whooooooaa! Farscape, coool!" After ten minutes.... a whole ten minutes... he turned round, looked at me and said, "I don't remember this episode. Who's that chick, there?" Ten minutes. Says something about the tone of the show, dontcha think?
                      lol it doesnt bode well for SG tbh...or maybe he was drunk
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Here you go Strix, a SG1 sandwichfor you to share Every one knows the middle is the best part of the sandwich
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          My little neice is two months older than Olivia is, and she's the most adorable little sweetheart. Her mommy and I will be cooking up something in the kitchen and she'll be toddling around the house with her little "pop pop pop" vacuum cleaner (you know the plastic kind with the plastic confetti inside? ) ... and then she'll come pop-popping into the kitchen, let the vacuum cleaner go and grab mommy's leg for a big hug, then mine (cuz I'm there and she wants to be FAIR *g*), and then she'll go pop-poping off again, singin' off key and babbling all the way. I LOVE her at this age so much. It's the CUTEST!!!!
                          Mini be a great aunt and get her a plastic naquada reactor
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

For everyone who had been interested in the Chain of Command thread, the originator has put up a "who whould lead" poll, if any of you are so inclined:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329

Comment

Happy Birthday, Strix varia.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                For everyone who had been interested in the Chain of Command thread, the originator has put up a "who whould lead" poll, if any of you are so inclined:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24329
                                Thanks Deejay. And guess who's winning with 65% of the votes. Listen up, PTB, they don't want your boy!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X