Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Was I simply looking in the wrong places? Or are we almost through an entire season without one blindingly brilliant Sam smile? And if so, why do you think that is?
    *whispers* Cam's head of SG-1 and constantly trying to get them killed and Jack's gone.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I think you're right Strix... weirdly I was thinking about that the other day. Nor have we seen one of those stunning tight close ups on Amanda. You know how they used to go in an inch from her nose with the camera... I don't think that's happened this year. As a screencapper.. you notice these things.

I'm not sure we've really had any of the subtle trademarks like that, that highlight Sam... S9 in my head has been quite bland, and I have thoughts on what that means, but I'm not going there at this time of the day... happy place, happy place... I'm just putting my hopes on the load being shared in s10 to redeem it all a little.. although maybe it got better in the last few eps... you never know

I was looking for season 9 pictures to use for live journal icons, and I noticed something that might be quite interesting (to me, at least). I couldn't find a single pic of Sam's mega-watt smile in season 9. Was I simply looking in the wrong places? Or are we almost through an entire season without one blindingly brilliant Sam smile? And if so, why do you think that is?
      sigpic

Comment

I was looking for season 9 pictures to use for live journal icons, and I noticed something that might be quite interesting (to me, at least). I couldn't find a single pic of Sam's mega-watt smile in season 9. Was I simply looking in the wrong places? Or are we almost through an entire season without one blindingly brilliant Sam smile? And if so, why do you think that is?
        Do you mean like the smile in Ripple Effect where Mitchell told her she now had someone to talk to on her level and she said, "Yep"? I don't know if that was considered mega-watt, but it lit up my room! Or maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly, I just remember that I loved that grin. BTW, any pictures of that???

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          I thought Sam's reaction was cute, too. Like a little brother and sister action going on there.
          The Sunshine!Fan in me thought that, too. But it really could've gone either way. She shoulda socked him, though, for good measure.

Comment

Do you mean like the smile in Ripple Effect where Mitchell told her she now had someone to talk to on her level and she said, "Yep"? I don't know if that was considered mega-watt, but it lit up my room! Or maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly, I just remember that I loved that grin. BTW, any pictures of that???
            That and the grin in Prototype (Cam made a Jack-like comment about intelligence) were tinged with just a bit of sarcasm, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              The Sunshine!Fan in me thought that, too. But it really could've gone either way. She shoulda socked him, though, for good measure.
              LOL. If you mean a friendly sock, I could go for that. I'm obviously a Mitchell fan and I admit to seeing the positive slant to most things related to him, but I don't honestly see any animosity between Mitchell and Sam. As close friends, they won't agree on everything, but I mostly see it as friendly disagreement. I know that might not be a predominant viewpoint, but it's how I feel. Maybe it's because I love both characters and crave a great relationship between them that I see it this way, but that IS the way I see them.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Well after reading Deepspace's comments earlier today I couldn't think of a good way to respond to her without totally going off-topic, but after thinking about it for awhile I think I may have finally come up with a way to still involve AT/Sam.

AT Wall

Hope it manages to make you feel a little better about other people's opinions,
                Kat
                It's utterly wonderful Kat. Thankyou.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

LOL. If you mean a friendly sock, I could go for that.
                  I'm not sure. The jury's still out on how friendly of a sock she should've packed.

Besides, if Sam HAD decked him in a not-so-friendly way, that would've been out of character. It totally would've taken away from the mission, with the bleeding, and the whining and the yelling...

I'm obviously a Mitchell fan and I admit to seeing the positive slant to most things related to him, but I don't honestly see any animosity between Mitchell and Sam. As close friends, they won't agree on everything, but I mostly see it as friendly disagreement. I know that might not be a predominant viewpoint, but it's how I feel. Maybe it's because I love both characters and crave a great relationship between them that I see it this way, but that IS the way I see them.
                  I definitely don't see any animosity between them. They seem to be good friends who knew each other prior to the events during TLC - the moment in Ethon, though unexpected, definitely sells me on that theory. But I think that was a deliberate action made by the peeps behind the scenes. Not only was it pretty smart, but it's still cool. Though sometimes it does seem a bit off to me, AT and BB have handled it pretty well.

I just feel like it needs to be spread out over time, and more equally. Daniel and Cam have had their little Comedy Act, Sam and Cam have had their Bonding Act, and Teal'c and Cam have had their little Alpha Male Act. I guess I'd just like to see more "acts," so to speak, between Sam, Teal'c and Daniel before the end of the season. Camelot/Crusade
                  Spoiler:
                  Because once Vala comes back, that new arc is going to take up a lot of time.

ON EDIT: And it doesn't really have much to do with Cameron, either. It just shows that the writers don't know how to write much of anything poignant between those character anymore. Sad, but I guess we're just gonna have to live with it.
                  Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 16 February 2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Eh, I thought the remark was cute. No matter how much we all know Sam can kick ass [and blow up suns and whatnot], she still looks refreshingly sweet and innocent.

Although, when you think about it, Mary Poppins could kick some butt, too, she just put some sugar on it to help the medicine go down...

I thought Sam's reaction was cute, too. Like a little brother and sister action going on there.
                    I laughed out loud at the 'Mary Poppins' bit. Sam's face was priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      That and the grin in Prototype (Cam made a Jack-like comment about intelligence) were tinged with just a bit of sarcasm, I believe.
                      Was that the 5%/10% comment? I didn't think it was tinged with sarcasm, I think it may have been tinged with a little embarrassment. Sam doesn't seem the type to be comfortable with overt praise and Mitchell was being very obvious about being in awe of her intelligence. I think she was a little embarrassed by it. I think she appreciated it, but was still a little embarrassed.

By the time of Ripple Effect, she seemed a little more comfortable with Mitchell's praise in front of the others and just accepted it a little bit of teasing back at him. Like, "Yeah, I'm smart, what're gonna make of it." Not in a sarcastic way, but in a "friends playing one-upmanship with each other" kind of way.

But then, all this is interpretation of facial expressions, so I can understand how different people would interpret them in different ways.

Just be forewarned: As a Mitchell fan AND a Samantha fan, I'll be taking the "they love each other" path on all of these issues.

[oops, work's over. I'll be back tomorrow in case there are more comments. I'm enjoying this conversation!]
                      Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 16 February 2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

i dont' see sam and cam 'loving' each other....she's saving herself for teal'c

but i do enjoy how sam is more relaxed around cam. she's more mellow, smart mouthed and it's kinda fun to see

i do still think they need to solve the command issues, but they do get along well together - just not 'that' way
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't mean romantic love, but the kind between close friends. Like, I can always imagine Samantha saying, "I love you, Cam, but you're a goof." And he would make a silly face at her and they'd go laughing off into the sunset... as friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i dont' see sam and cam 'loving' each other....she's saving herself for teal'c

but i do enjoy how sam is more relaxed around cam. she's more mellow, smart mouthed and it's kinda fun to see

i do still think they need to solve the command issues, but they do get along well together - just not 'that' way
                            You're right! I guess BECAUSE the command structure (or lack of one) is the way it is, Sam has kinda let her hair down a bit. It's an interesting contrast to, say, Sam from Season Six. That's definitely a plus.

I didn't mean romantic love, but the kind between close friends. Like, I can always imagine Samantha saying, "I love you, Cam, but you're a goof." And he would make a silly face at her and they'd go laughing off into the sunset... as friends.
                            Oh man, the picture my mind came up with was something like a field of yellow flowers. And all of the members of SG-1 are holding hands and running through them towards the sunset, laughing and singing.

Sounds like a Crack!Fic in the making, if you ask me. Oh, Tracy! AD!

Comment

*stares at the last few pages of battle*
                              yikesy
                              *checks to see if she clicked on the wrong thread and somehow managed to end up in the ''Lets squabble over Teal'c'' thread*
                              nope, definitely in the "Sam's a great character" thread
                              Well, that was different

LOL

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Ok, here's a little game to get everyone back on topic...

List all the episodes that Sam has used a Zat.

If you have tons of free time you can post a picture from said episode as well.
                                Hmm, thinking.... I'll have to go find some really good examples, but she definitely used a zat in Nightwalkers .
                                And she shot martouf with a zat, but I can't remember the title of the episode.
                                More soon.
                                *me needs to go watch my dvd's again, I'm getting rusty on my Sam eps*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X