Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam
    *cough*

Uh... Sam loves Tim Hortons donuts, she eats them with Teal'c!!!
    hmmmmm...I was thinking I'd never actually seen Sam eat a donut. Just look.

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
      hmmmmm...I was thinking I'd never actually seen Sam eat a donut. Just look.
      Just because we havn't seen it doesn't mean it doesnt happen!! She just refuses the donuts while in a group atmosphere (whenever she's been offered one there's been at least 3 ppl present) Because she has to keep up her persona of "good girl diet with jello as only indulgence"

*nod* really...
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        *reads the battle going on in the past bunch of posts*

*Grabs bowl of popcorn, sets up little personal shield'ed bubble area and sits back to enjoy the show*

*Tim Hortons donuts could kick Krispy Kreme's anyday*
        Samo, room for a little one? Or at least a "not extremely amazonian" one?
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          so, about that *great* character, sam carter....

sally
          Ok, here's a little game to get everyone back on topic...

List all the episodes that Sam has used a Zat.

If you have tons of free time you can post a picture from said episode as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Divide and Conquer. First one that comes to mind, she zats Martouf.

Comment

that's too hard to do!

k, here's 'my' version of this game...

season 9 FAKEish spoilers - 'ripple effect' mentioned

in episode 6 - 'the big return', sam returns to the sgc and is promptly given sg1 back. mitchell doesn't put up a fight, since he *wanted* to serve under sam to begin with.

in episode 9 - 'trapped', sg1 (which is lead by sam) is trapped in a mine. daniel is injured and sam sets teal'c and mitchell off to try to find another exit.

episode 12 - 'pandora's box', daniel opens up a puzzle box that makes sg1's wishes come true. or does it? sam, daniel, teal'c, and mitchell are shown their worst nightmares.

episode 16 - 'ripple effect', alternate versions of sg1 come through the stargate. a 'dark' version, which consists of janet, daniel, jonas, and mckay, try to manipulate the sgc to gain what they really want. which is revenge.

episodes 19 and 20 - 'goodbye', vala returns to the sgc. she's got a new scheme to gain the upper hand against the ori. landry orders sg1 to help vala in her plans. the plans go wrong and vala and mitchell are marooned on a ship, reheading towards the ori infected galaxy. sg1 returns to being a three-man team.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay I leave to go to a rehearsal and talk turns to donuts and T. I can even bring this topic - on topic. Before the Burbank Con in '04 I had been watching the S6 DVD's and listening to the commentaries. On one of them they talk about Corin Nemec having Krispy Kreme donuts shipped to Vancouver by his mom and how much everyone liked them. Talk at our table at breakfast turned ended up on the subject of donuts. When Amanda joined our table someone asked so which do you prefer Krispy Kreme or Tim Hortons - she said well Corin brought KK to the set and everyone likes them, but Chris and I can only smell them becuase we can not afford the weight we would put on if we had many. Then she talked about how our the trip out to Vancouver Alan stopped at every Tim Hortons he came to for coffee and donuts. She joked about Alan mapping the trip out by way of Tim Hortons.

Having grown up in the South East I must admit I'm very much a KK kid of girl. But when in Canada I do enjoy my trips to Tim Hortons for things other that a glazed donut. I have a friend who owns two Tim Hortons in New Foundland and he sends me "Old Fashion Sour Creme" donuts at least twice a year.

Kat it's to late and I have to much to do before I head out of town for a conference in the morning to list all the Sam and Zat episodes - maybe I'll post some pictures after the weekend if I have time. But before I go I will leave you with one Zat Picture - and the challenge to name the episode it's from

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

But before I go I will leave you with one Zat Picture - and the challenge to name the episode it's from
                  :: peeking at Carter's hair :: Hmmm, Season Twoooo.... Spirits?

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Ah, now, this is where Daniel would turn round and argue that he is an archaeologist and a polyglot, not a linguist (sorry.... linguist speaking here. Is Daniel a linguist or just a polyglot? I'm never sure.)
                  This made my night. The linguist/polyglot thing has long given me headaches, but I have rarely, if ever, seen it talked about. I think on the show (as in many other shows & films), 'linguist' and 'polyglot' are synonymous? Or all linguists are polyglots? Or something. Nightmarish.
                  Last edited by DEM; 15 February 2006, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    :: peeking at Carter's hair :: Hmmm, Season Twoooo.... Spirits?

This made my night. The linguist/polyglot thing has long given me headaches, but I have rarely, if ever, seen it talked about. I think on the show (as in many other shows & films), 'linguist' and 'polyglot' are synonymous? Or all linguists are polyglots? Or something. Nightmarish.
                    Ooooh, there's another one in the house! I thought I was all on my own and that I'd get blank looks!

But it's not just in TV and film. People use the term linguist as interchangable with polyglot. It's not, they are completely different things. I happen to be both (I'm a French and German linguistics student). But I know plenty of linguists who are NOT polyglots and plenty of polyglots who are by no means linguists. Grrrr.

Comment

Well after reading Deepspace's comments earlier today I couldn't think of a good way to respond to her without totally going off-topic, but after thinking about it for awhile I think I may have finally come up with a way to still involve AT/Sam.

AT Wall

Hope it manages to make you feel a little better about other people's opinions,
                      Kat

Comment

Well after reading Deepspace's comments earlier today I couldn't think of a good way to respond to her without totally going off-topic, but after thinking about it for awhile I think I may have finally come up with a way to still involve AT/Sam.

AT Wall

Hope it manages to make you feel a little better about other people's opinions,
                        Kat
                        Wonderful, Kat. Such a fabulous way of staying on topic. Anyone fancy trying walls to continue the donut debate?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Well, it is a British tea that is blended in the Yorkshire Dales, a product of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm not exactly a tea expert, but this is my favorite tea. Strong, dark, tastes wonderful. Perhaps 1Speed can explain more eloquently.

Vegemite... never had any, but one of my Aussie committee members is supposedly sending me some in a package... "I insist!" he said, and I could easily picture his evil grin.
                          Hmm, dunno about the eloquent bit... let's just say it probably falls into the category of "English Breakfast Tea", but is a particular blend which happens to appeal to my tastebuds (and Strix's too).

As for whether you should warm the pot first, and put the milk in before or after (or in my case, not at all), well that's a whole new kettle of fish.

*makes another note - take 240-bag box of YT plus jar of Marmite to GABIT*

And just to stay vaguely on topic...
                          Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Sam: Put the Krispy Kremes down and back away slowly...

Comment

Hmmm. They always say put the milk in first, but it's a fine art doing that, because you don't want it too weak. I think the idea is that you don't want to damage the china. But I'm not sure.

Comment

Definitely warm the pot first, with boiling water. Then discard.

Pour fresh boiling water on the tea and mash (brew) for at least three minutes... longer if desired.

Put milk in cups first if they are fine bone china - so that the hot tea doesn't shatter the cups. Otherwise, take your pick
                              scarimor

Comment

AT Wall
                                The smiling picture of Amanda in that collage is totally adorable!

Am I the only person that finds themselves using the word "adorable" constantly when describing Amanda/Samantha?

Comment

Working...
                                X