Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I feel rather marginalised here Not only have I been deemed "not short", but I'm not Canadian, American or Australian and therefore have very little to add on any of the current subject here.

Anyone want to comment on the merits of English Breakfast Tea over Earl Grey? Or are you more Darjeeling people, yourselves? And as for orange juice... bits or no bits?
    Well I'm an Earl Grey kind of girl in the AM and an English Breakfast fan in the PM. Not a coffee drinker at all but I do enjoy a good cup of tea.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Weeeeelllll, Tracy. Since you asked. I'm a fan of all KINDS of teas.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Weeeeelllll, Tracy. Since you asked. I'm a fan of all KINDS of teas.
        Spazzy..... Not you as well!!!!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          My apologies, but that statement was just my humble opinion on the situation. I wasn't trying to start a debate or anything. Geez....

slinks back to her corner
          Ahh, SunKrux Samandans shouldn't hide in the corner, come back out into the light (Well maybe we do hide in a sarcophagus, but that's just until that special someone joins us )
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday to Astro and Shimmeringstar!

Great idea, Minigeek, for Amanda at Gabit. I'll try to figure out how to scan a message to you for this!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Well I'm an Earl Grey kind of girl in the AM and an English Breakfast fan in the PM. Not a coffee drinker at all but I do enjoy a good cup of tea.
              Well, just to show you what kind of wonderful people frequent this thread, 1Speed learned that I enjoyed Yorkshire Tea, which is not available around here. So, he purchased a jumbo sized box for me and sent it home from GABIT1 with Chopin Gal, who mailed it to me from her corner of the US. Thus, I've been enjoying my favorite tea on weekends for the past several months, and toasting Sam fans every time.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Well, just to show you what kind of wonderful people frequent this thread, 1Speed learned that I enjoyed Yorkshire Tea, which is not available around here. So, he purchased a jumbo sized box for me and sent it home from GABIT1 with Chopin Gal, who mailed it to me from her corner of the US. Thus, I've been enjoying my favorite tea on weekends for the past several months, and toasting Sam fans every time.
                OK. What is Yorkshire tea? What does it taste like? Is it like what we get here that's called: "English Breakfast Tea"?

mini(gah, i hate vegemite!)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  LOL, might as well join in the OT romp ... I'm just the opposite, tsax. Like my English Breakfast in the AM and a nice strong Earl Grey later in the day.

BTW, anyone know if Amanda favors tea or coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    OK. What is Yorkshire tea? What does it taste like? Is it like what we get here that's called: "English Breakfast Tea"?

mini(gah, i hate vegemite!)geek
                    Well, it is a British tea that is blended in the Yorkshire Dales, a product of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm not exactly a tea expert, but this is my favorite tea. Strong, dark, tastes wonderful. Perhaps 1Speed can explain more eloquently.

Vegemite... never had any, but one of my Aussie committee members is supposedly sending me some in a package... "I insist!" he said, and I could easily picture his evil grin.

My LJ

Comment

I'm a typhoo girl, personally
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Re: Coley and her sip of liquor,
                        ... who gave you permission to pilfer the royal bar?
                        The Royal Accountant has the extra set of keys to the royal liquor cabinet as she was serving as bartender before you accepted the official position.

And whilst we are on the subject of GABIT1, Coley actually did a right fine thing too ... she brought some of her homemade sloe gin to share with Chopin Gal. No wonder CG couldn't understand the accents on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                          That may be so, mini, but I have been called a geek by people, and not in a very nice way. Certainly not in a Geeks rule kind of way.
                          I guess what I'm trying to say is, unless you have other geeks around you who think it's great being geek, you can end up feeling pretty lousy for being a geek.
                          Kids can be really cruel I know. And it can hurt. But it will get better. The kids who were popular and athletic and ruled the school, generally don't rule much of anything as they grow older, however geeks grow up to run the world. 8) So in the long run, geeks win hands down.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            News from G4 re: THE POSTER

OK folks ... wow, the number of IMs I've had over this. Before I go on I just want to make one thing really clear.

1) The point of the poster is not, in any way, to be a "prestige symbol". There are no egos involved. Please don't fret about that. Truly. It's a thank you card for Amanda, signed by all of us. Simple as that. No pomp. No Ceremony. No worries, ok?

Okay then.

Julia has gotten back to me with respect to the "how" of sharing the moment with the other SAmandans without making any sort of big deal out of it. She and the other G4 are really great and have come up with a fabulous plan.

After conferring with the other three G4, she said this is the plot:

How great is that??

THANK YOU so much Julia, you and the other G4 are simply fabulous and outstanding.

Hugs all,
                            minigeek (who had a really awesome V-Day and hopes you all did too!)
                            This sounds perfect! And the photo will be really appreciated by those of us who can't go to the con *grin*.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mandysg1
                              I have a fanfic recommendation. A Personal Favor by iamdragonrider
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1936558/1/

All the women will love this story, it's the funniest thing I've ever read However the guys might just runaway and hide.

Mandy, thank you for that! I'm literally crying with laughter. It's priceless (actually... a new Mastercard ad based on this fic.....hahahahaha)
                              Just finished it and it was truly hilarious. I laughed out loud in several spots. Thanks mandy!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Originally Posted by Mandysg1
                                I have a fanfic recommendation. A Personal Favor by iamdragonrider
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1936558/1/

All the women will love this story, it's the funniest thing I've ever read However the guys might just runaway and hide.

Just finished it and it was truly hilarious. I laughed out loud in several spots. Thanks mandy!
                                I have to agree. I was LOL.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X