Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Front door ajar, Sam creeps into the house and turns slowly into the living room
    where she confronts ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0741.jpg

Next to the chocolate delight is a hand-written poem:

I've loved you since you first set foot upon the base
    And everytime I see your pretty face
    I want to shout how much I care
    But shut my mouth, I wouldn't dare

Even though my heart beats wildly 'cause you're so hot
    And I'm afraid of dying on the spot
    I have to stay hidden and play it cool
    Be the boy scout, observe the Golden Rule

If I had dibs on your hand and heart,
    We would never, never part
    I'd love you, you'd love me back
    But alas you're pledged to Jack!

Just a humble token I've left for you
    Chocolate flowing, strawberries too
    Now that Love finally has the upper hand
    Tell the Groom-to-Be, I'll be Best Man!

Walter
    Great Valentine’s poem! Seems like an apropos follow-up to Sam’s part in "Man of Honor". Although poor Sam isn't really aware how his heart pines for her.

Here’s a link to CG’s fic about Sam’s part in “Man of Honor”.

Man of Honor

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Mmmm ponders this over nip if whiskey

Time to bring on a happy memory from GABIT. This story courtesy of the Jester's daughter. Conversation between the Jester and her daughter in their hotel room:

Jester: I don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

Daughter: That’s German, Mom.

ROTFL

Jester is going to kill me, but I couldn't resist.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        I agree Coley. No pomp and circumstance. It's not really a gift so much as it is a kind of a thank-you-card. From all of us. It's also not the getting something back from Amanda that I think some of the people were talking about so much as it is just to be able to be part of letting Amanda know they care, and they thank her for her character, and the imact she's had, etc., There's no more to it than that. I wouldn't say we need to give it to her in a dark room with the lights off, but you're right, neither was the intention to make a spectacle out of it. Just to be inclusive in the sense that SAmanda is one voice where that thank you is concerned. Does that make any sense at all? No need to be embarassed. I don't think anyone has/had any ulterior motives at all beyond that single sentiment.
        Sounds spot on to me!

Comment

Myrth wrote:

Rock on geeks.... our plans for world domination are in full swing...
          [/QUOTE]

Can I sign-up too?

Comment

I've always considered the membership of this thread to be pretty awesome.

Anyone who may have geekish tendencies has them in the most positive and enviable of ways!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
              Aww, poor Coley. I really didn't have a problem understanding Coley. Guess I just have a talent for thick accents.

Time to bring on a happy memory from GABIT. This story courtesy of the Jester's daughter. Conversation between the Jester and her daughter in their hotel room:

Jester: I don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

Daughter
              : That’s German, Mom.

ROTFL
              Wow Coley, that whiskey must have helped, I understood everything you said
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I've always considered the membership of this thread to be pretty awesome.

Anyone who may have geekish tendencies has them in the most positive and enviable of ways!!
                I do believe that geeks have the best sense of humour Proof can be seen right here in this thread
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

page 2? oh no, sam's way to great to have a page 2 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    I do believe that geeks have the best sense of humour Proof can be seen right here in this thread
                    Depends on the geek and the joke. Mckay is amusing but I don’t think he has a great sense of humor when stuff is directed AT him. Carter on the other hand probably has a pleasant sense of humor and doesn’t get too ruffled about anything, directed at her or otherwise. Well maybe continuous infantile humor... but who doesn’t get annoyed by that.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Daughter
                      : That’s German, Mom.

ROTFL
                      Revenge is sweet, huh, Coley? Back when I was teaching in Germany, I did a lesson on accents. I demonstrated by own accent using a tongue twister about a woman called Betty (in Nottingham accent, that's Be-er, like Tracy is Trer-cer), and then did Preston and Liverpool. At which point the headmistress came in and said "I thought this was an English lesson, Miss H."

Anyway... who gave you permission to plifer the royal bar?
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Let's raise a glass and toast a cheer to all those who will be going to see Amanda. For all work you're doing Minigeek you deserve the blue one.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Is this pilfer the Royal Bar day?

By the way, I'd like to inform you that the bar now stocks Blue Vodka Jellos.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            First of all, I'm not sure questioning the concept of an American is effective in this context.

Secondly, this isn't the appropriate venue to attempt a debate of the dynamics of globalization, but I can't allow such a gross oversimplification and inadequate characterization of a complex process to pass by without comment. To casually make such a statement as if it were axiomatic is, I think, intellectually dishonest and does nothing to increase understanding.
                            My apologies, but that statement was just my humble opinion on the situation. I wasn't trying to start a debate or anything. Geez....

slinks back to her corner
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Let's raise a glass and toast a cheer to all those who will be going to see Amanda. For all work you're doing Minigeek you deserve the blue one.
                              Mandy - thanks for the jello. But I think it's going to be more fun, than anything, putting all the signatures on it. Should be very cool.

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yeah, now I got a copy of the picture without Gateworld written on it. I love that picture... makes me happy every time I see it.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X