No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol... I'm not short or tall... welcome to obscurity. Walking in at a cool 5ft 6"

And ooh... strawberry tea!!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I feel rather marginalised here Not only have I been deemed "not short", but I'm not Canadian, American or Australian and therefore have very little to add on any of the current subject here.

Anyone want to comment on the merits of English Breakfast Tea over Earl Grey? Or are you more Darjeeling people, yourselves? And as for orange juice... bits or no bits?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Lol... I'm not short or tall... welcome to obscurity. Walking in at a cool 5ft 6"

And ooh... strawberry tea!!

Myrth..... we're the same height! Woohooo! Someone else who's normal!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        LOL ... little Page, when did you become a jester?! This is delightful, your comments on the tent and then your wanting to be chainmail one day because your playmates never gave you the chance!

Samandans, come on, be honest: how many of you would have been the Princess and how many of you would have been the Knight as a kid?

I always wanted to be a cowboy and a knight and a soldier - never was much into that whole little homemaker gig! What about others? Something tells me there were a lot of Sam Carter Juniors from the Samanda crowd ... care to share?
        awww, thanks Jester
        And yes, I too am interested in the answers people have given to your question . Whether Knight or Princess (or Dragon or Merlin or Indiana Jones as the case may be ).
        Last edited by deepspace; 15 February 2006, 12:33 AM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          elder is a relative term

and i bet i'm elderer than some of you
          'Elder' only means wiser around here

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            lol

smoke and mirrors.

i never fit in with the 'cool kids' in school.

i don't do sports, i'm not outgoing and i was the geek with the glasses and braces reading a book in the corner
            LOL. I did a double take when I read that Sky. You sound like you were almost exactly like me. Only I've never been to school. (But have had the braces. Thankfully they're over now!)
            And the glasses are only just starting now. I had an eye test last week, and for the first time in my life I've been told I need glasses.

But yes, despite everything, I've always managed to be bookish, non-sporty, yet boyish, and at the same time uncool .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I feel rather marginalised here Not only have I been deemed "not short", but I'm not Canadian, American or Australian and therefore have very little to add on any of the current subject here.

Anyone want to comment on the merits of English Breakfast Tea over Earl Grey? Or are you more Darjeeling people, yourselves? And as for orange juice... bits or no bits?
              Ooh, Yorkshire Tea for me please (and for Strix, for that matter).

*makes note - arrange supplies of YT for GABIT*

And definitely bits. But I'd rather have grapefruit juice, ta.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Aw. Hey, I've always called myself a geek - ever since highschool. Geekdom is awesome. Geeks rule. There's absolutely nothing negative about bein' a GEEK, lemme tell ya!!

<-- proud GEEK right here, baby!!
                That may be so, mini, but I have been called a geek by people, and not in a very nice way. Certainly not in a Geeks rule kind of way.
                I guess what I'm trying to say is, unless you have other geeks around you who think it's great being geek, you can end up feeling pretty lousy for being a geek.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  That may be so, mini, but I have been called a geek by people, and not in a very nice way. Certainly not in a Geeks rule kind of way.
                  I guess what I'm trying to say is, unless you have other geeks around you who think it's great being geek, you can end up feeling pretty lousy for being a geek.
                  I understand, but just remeber the un-geeky are just jealous of the geeks cos they feel threatened by our superior inteligence wit and humour!

Becks
                  Definitely english breakfast ( although not in whistler... they have a very odd version of english breakfast tea so it's Starbucks "awake" or orange peako (sp) or tetley I brought with me!)
                  not great on orange juice anyway but sweet with no bits thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    I have a fanfic recommendation. A Personal Favor by iamdragonrider
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1936558/1/

All the women will love this story, it's the funniest thing I've ever read However the guys might just runaway and hide.
                    Mandy, thank you for that! I'm literally crying with laughter. It's priceless (actually... a new Mastercard ad based on this fic.....hahahahaha)

Comment

'Elder' only means wiser around here
                      Jester is smiling broadly ...
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 15 February 2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

News from G4 re: THE POSTER

OK folks ... wow, the number of IMs I've had over this. Before I go on I just want to make one thing really clear.

1) The point of the poster is not, in any way, to be a "prestige symbol". There are no egos involved. Please don't fret about that. Truly. It's a thank you card for Amanda, signed by all of us. Simple as that. No pomp. No Ceremony. No worries, ok?

Okay then.

Julia has gotten back to me with respect to the "how" of sharing the moment with the other SAmandans without making any sort of big deal out of it. She and the other G4 are really great and have come up with a fabulous plan.

After conferring with the other three G4, she said this is the plot:

Originally posted by Julia
                        We will ensure that the two presenters of the poster are together in the autograph queue no matter which seat row [they] are in - just let me have the two names. When [they] are in front of Amanda (and me!) John will come over and take a photo of [the duo] giving [the poster] to Amanda so that [afterwards, it can be shown] to the other Samandans. It will all be low key - you won't even know John is there, so no pomp and ceremony, just quietly handing it over on behalf of the Samandans.
                        How great is that??

THANK YOU so much Julia, you and the other G4 are simply fabulous and outstanding.

Hugs all,
                        minigeek (who had a really awesome V-Day and hopes you all did too!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh, that's a really nice idea. Thanks Mini, Julia, John (and Becky and Kay for good measure). You guys are awesome.

Comment

But yes, despite everything, I've always managed to be bookish, non-sporty, yet boyish, and at the same time uncool .
                            Deepspace, hun, there's truly no such thing. Those kids are going to grow up, leave home, and realize it's a really big world out there, and high-school social stereotypes just don't apply anymore. I know it doesn't seem like it while it's happening, but nothing anyone thinks or doesn't think of you can ever define you. It's what you think of yourself and how you choose to define your own being that makes you - whomever you want to be. So chin up, hun! WE happen to think you are totally cool, and very sweet. Not to mention witty and funny and a lot of fun to chat with! There's several hundred of us here who feel that way - and (how many?) of them? Yup. I rest my case.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Deepspace, hun, there's truly no such thing. Those kids are going to grow up, leave home, and realize it's a really big world out there, and high-school social stereotypes just don't apply anymore. I know it doesn't seem like it while it's happening, but nothing anyone thinks or doesn't think of you can ever define you. It's what you think of yourself and how you choose to define your own being that makes you - whomever you want to be. So chin up, hun! WE happen to think you are totally cool, and very sweet. Not to mention witty and funny and a lot of fun to chat with! There's several hundred of us here who feel that way - and (how many?) of them? Yup. I rest my case.
                              What she said, deepspace. You may not have been surrounded by geeks when you were being made fun of, but you're surrounded by geeks here, and we think you're great.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                So I guess being 5’10 ½” wont get me into this club?

Hahah, i've never had US beer but i'm glad Canadian's better I must say our beer commercials (especially the ones which show during Hockey Night in Canada) can be bloody amazing... lol. as in funny usually... seriously!

And Mr. Dress Up was my childhood IDOL... *sniff* to go back to those innocent days... is he still playing on TV!?!?!
                                Yes, on CBC in the afternoons. I'm not sure if it's every day or not. Loved that show, it came right on after The Friendly Giant. WAY better than Seasame Street.

Comment

Working...
                                X