Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    5"6ish like I said too many giant geeks arond here (stands up as straight as possible at 5'1.5")
    Guess I'd be considered one of the giants as well. I'm 5'9" also and close to six foot in my springy walking shoes. I wouldn't feel too badly about being small though. Like everything else in life, being tall has good and bad points. One of the cool things about being tall is that I hardly ever have to worry about having someone's head in my way at a theatre, nor do I normally have any issues finding someone in a crowded room and I rarely have to use a ladder or step stool to reach anything on the top shelves/cabinets of my house; however, having said that airplanes and small cars rarely have enough leg or head room and I've bonked my head into low beams and entrances more times than I'd care to admit.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 February 2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      The link doesn't work and same goes for giving reputation.
      the rep system is having a melt down at the moment. we're just waiting on greg to fix it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm glad julia said no to the cocktail party cause, well everyone should get to see it. and even though they will be back in line (hey, maybe we can try to get the samandans together in line so that they can be close enough to see it??? without getting out of line and slowing things down

we don't wanna do that. it would not be fair to everyone else

as to the second place, well i still think a lotto is the fairest way

i oughta look and see if we can do a poll that hides the responses. then folks can vote on

mini being one of the presenters
        holding a lotto for #2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
          ya know its funny you should say that, because i honestly believe that if i didn't know
          Spoiler:
          amanda was coming back in beachead, i wouldn't have kept watching
          . they weren't going to do much with Teal'c, and even though i do like daniel, i didn't like the direction they were taking his character (its ok for a few eps, but not the whole show). so much for replaceable. i could live without daniel, because i liked his replacement,
          Spoiler:
          i'm managing without jack because, well i don't really know why... i love jack and i miss him. but i feel that they haven't just abandoned the character, and there is a chance he could be back for guest spots
          . but if amanda were to leave the show, unless her replacement were almost as good, then i don't think i'd be able to keep watching. it would change the show too much. i feel she and teal'c are too important to lose. they are fundemetal to the show in my opinion.
          I agree. I love Daniel, but since he has mostly not been acting like himself (IMHO) it wouldn't have the same impact losing him as it once did. I adjusted to Jonas pretty easily perhaps b/c I came to the show late & wasn't as invested in Daniel yet, and also b/c I liked a lot of what they did with Jonas. I don't think any replacement for AT could come close to being "almost as good" though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Roses are red
            Jello is blue
            Tomorrow is Valentine's Day
            And Astro's Birthday too!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...PinkBasket.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE ROYAL ELDERS, KEEPER OF THE FLAME
            MISSED VERY MUCH ON THIS THREAD
            ASTROGEOLOGIST
            MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!
            Add me to the list of birthday well wishers.
            jckfan

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i'm glad julia said no to the cocktail party cause, well everyone should get to see it. and even though they will be back in line (hey, maybe we can try to get the samandans together in line so that they can be close enough to see it??? without getting out of line and slowing things down

we don't wanna do that. it would not be fair to everyone else

as to the second place, well i still think a lotto is the fairest way

i oughta look and see if we can do a poll that hides the responses. then folks can vote on

mini being one of the presenters
              holding a lotto for #2
              Sounds coolio to me! The most sincerely awesome Julia also got back to me via PM about some of the other stuff. She has generously offered to take care of the postage and addressing, etc., for us as her gift as a Samandan - which is so sweet of her. Additionally, she had a really exciting idea for being able to share the presentation moment which I won't spoil here yet in case she still has to work out whether it'll logistically be possible. But it sure sounds like the autograph line would indeed be the best place for all of this. Anyway, I'm game for however the SAmandan family wants to play it, when all is said and done.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Sounds coolio to me! The most sincerely awesome Julia also got back to me via PM about some of the other stuff. She has generously offered to take care of the postage and addressing, etc., for us as her gift as a Samandan - which is so sweet of her. Additionally, she had a really exciting idea for being able to share the presentation moment which I won't spoil here yet in case she still has to work out whether it'll logistically be possible. But it sure sounds like the autograph line would indeed be the best place for all of this. Anyway, I'm game for however the SAmandan family wants to play it, when all is said and done.
                Julia really is awesome. I love the way that she's not just committed to making her con work, but committed to making it such a wonderful experience for the fans. It's amazing how she's going out of her way to do all this for us.

Thank you, Julia
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

there is no way to hide poll results, so i couldn't do that and y'all will see the tally.

the only other way to do that would be to do it via pm or e-mail....and then y'all would have to trust me to count things, so let's just go wtih the poll

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24199

y'all havea week. it closes in 7 days, so don't delay to head on over and cast your ballot on whether or not MG should be oneo f the presenters.

No one can see how you voted, so be honest.
                  this is a group project in a way and i think all of samanda should have a chance to get their .02 in

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Happy Birthday ShimmeringStar!!!!

On Edit: Or perhaps that should be Happy Birthday, ShimmeringStar, depending on how you feel about turning 40.
                    Thanks Stix varia & TJ. 40 is just a number. It's all in your mind and in your heart. (And you ignore those couple of gray hairs making their first appearances!) My mom's mom is turning 86 next month and acts like she's 18 even through all the major illnesses she's been through.

Happy Birthday to Astro to if she's lurking about.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Julia really is awesome. I love the way that she's not just committed to making her con work, but committed to making it such a wonderful experience for the fans. It's amazing how she's going out of her way to do all this for us.

Thank you, Julia
                      Aww, you're making me blush a deep shade of red, Tracy.

I'd like to say that it's not just me.

Gabit is Gabit because the G4 (all four of us) try to go out of our way to make sure every single attendee gets the experience of meeting Amanda that all her fans deserve. A special one.

Although I'm the one involved in this particular plan, I will be talking to Becky (who runs the Autograph session), Kay (who runs Registration) and John (taking the photos) to ensure that my plans and yours get carried through smoothly on the day. It's very much a team effort. We, all four of us, are committed to the Event being very much about you the attendees as well as about Amanda herself.

Julia
                      (who met her hubby 25 years ago today on a lovely Valentine's evening in London and who is about to go out to dinner!) )
                      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Enjoy your dinner, Julia, and congrats on 25 years.

I know that you're all so dedicated, it's wonderful to see. And it's lovely to see how enthusiastic you all are and how much effort you all put in to make sure we have a great time.

But if I'm making you blush, I'll stop.

I have to go and get ready for French class. Anyone got the feeling that at 8.30pm on valentine's day it's just gonna be me and the teacher?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Enjoy your dinner, Julia, and congrats on 25 years.

I know that you're all so dedicated, it's wonderful to see. And it's lovely to see how enthusiastic you all are and how much effort you all put in to make sure we have a great time.

But if I'm making you blush, I'll stop.

I have to go and get ready for French class. Anyone got the feeling that at 8.30pm on valentine's day it's just gonna be me and the teacher?
                          Hmm? And who arranged this setup
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday Shimmering Star

Although I don't like to mention my age (dam it seems to change every year)
                            I do know of what you speak when you say Atari
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Hmm? And who arranged this setup
                              I don't know what you're suggesting, Mandy. Just because she's good looking, blonde and 22 (only a year older than me), doesn't mean that I.... oh, wait, it does

Nah, seriously, though. This French class happens down the pub every week. I've had the past few Tuesdays off thought, because of exams and being away and such.

Comment

Hi, I've not managed to keep up with the last couple of days posts, but CG has briefly described Minigeeks idea for GABIT.

I just want to add my comments - which I feel quite strongly about.

I think it is a great idea. I would love to do something for Amanda to show her how much support she has and it would be great if we could do something as a group.

However I feel very strongly that I do not need anything back from Amanda. I do not really want to make a big thing of giving this to her. I do not need any big public show of thanks or glee from Amanda. It is something we are doing for her and I hope we are not seeking some special sort of attention from it. I would feel better if the gift was given to her quietly by Mini in the autograph line - hopefully she can say it is something from Samanda - and leave it at that.

I'm afraid I would be very embarassed if something "special" was organised for us. Give freely is what I say!!

Comment

Working...
                                X