Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    it's so fantastic that you've arranged this!!

i'll get on my note/signature as soon as i can

I'm really excited, too, Sky. I started drawing something new last night. I think I'll finish it and then let you guys choose which one you think would be better on the poster, between this one and the last Sam Carter uniform sketch I did.

And Julia has been really great and helpful. She's an amazing gal.

as to presenting, well how about once we get at gabit and know who's gonna be there, we can either put folks names in a hat and draw for the two to present or we nominate someone to accompany minigeek. cause i think she should be one of them seeing as how she's doing all the work and it's her art
    I think I might be a bit tongue tied (for once in my life!). Of course I'd be a total liar if I didn't say I'd really love to, but I might just end up standing there, turning beet red and stammering incoherantly! lol

I think the "lottery" thing is a good idea, too!

Hugs,
    minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

what do the other samandans that are going to gabit say??? i think mini geek should be one of the presenters. it's her art work, she's donig all the work and has worked so hard to arrange this. she deserves to be the presenter

as to the second person??? we'll deal with that later. I think a lucky draw lotto would be the fairest way. everyone puts thier name in a hat and we pull out thier name and they get to accompany MG

yay? nay? other ideas???
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        An ADDENDUM to the eariler post.

I should add that Julia has given the green light to go ahead with the poster presentation. We'll have a pre-paid package set up to courier the item back to Amanda from GABIT after it's presented to her(I'm more than happy to care of that monetarily, but I'll likely ask for the kind assistance of a UK SAmandan with getting the necessary paperwork done remotely before the event!), and Julia has generously offered to address it for us and send it to Amanda, afterward (so she does not have to worry about carrying it home in her luggage).

We'll also need to nominate two SAmandan GABIT reps to present the poster to Amanda, likely during the autograph session(s). I told Julia I'd pass the word along to all of the thread and since there's a few months off, we still have ample time to discuss the logistic(s).

But it looks like the poster is a go. Sweet!

Now to get those signatures scanned in and emailed, eh?!

minigeek
        I'll give you a hand, though I'm not sure what "paperwork" needs to be done. There's just a simple customs form to fill out and stuff. I'll gladly do it, Mini.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

it's so fantastic that you've arranged this!!

i'll get on my note/signature as soon as i can

as to presenting, well how about once we get at gabit and know who's gonna be there, we can either put folks names in a hat and draw for the two to present or we nominate someone to accompany minigeek. cause i think she should be one of them seeing as how she's doing all the work and it's her art
          I agree. I had assumed that Minigeek would be one. How lovely and selfless of her not to assume that herself!! ((((minigeek)))) You have to go. It was your idea and your work, babe!!!

Comment

what do the other samandans that are going to gabit say??? i think mini geek should be one of the presenters. it's her art work, she's donig all the work and has worked so hard to arrange this. she deserves to be the presenter

as to the second person??? we'll deal with that later. I think a lucky draw lotto would be the fairest way. everyone puts thier name in a hat and we pull out thier name and they get to accompany MG

yay? nay? other ideas???
            I don't know, Sky. I feel like you should be the other person. You're kind of like the mummy of the thread, holding everyone together and looking afterwards, being kind and considerate, organising people and generally being wonderful. I'd really love that you go with Mini.

It's a shame we can't give it at the cocktail party, really, when a huge lot of Samandans will be present. But as that's a no go, I really think it should be Mini and Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              I don't know, Sky. I feel like you should be the other person. You're kind of like the mummy of the thread, holding everyone together and looking afterwards, being kind and considerate, organising people and generally being wonderful. I'd really love that you go with Mini.
              I'm just thrilled to be able to be part of it all together!

It's a shame we can't give it at the cocktail party, really, when a huge lot of Samandans will be present.
              Julia said it was a timing issue. Everything is very carefully timed and coordinated. I'm not sure if it would work at the Cocktail party (though that would be really cool - especially if we have two SAmanda tables side by side right there - aww group hug! lol somebody'd get squished! ) ... I can certainly ask Julia and see what she says about that. But I know Amanda only has a finite time per table to chat.

Comment

I'm just thrilled to be able to be part of it all together!

Julia said it was a timing issue. Everything is very carefully timed and coordinated. I'm not sure if it would work at the Cocktail party (though that would be really cool - especially if we have two SAmanda tables side by side right there - aww group hug! lol somebody'd get squished! ) ... I can certainly ask Julia and see what she says about that. But I know Amanda only has a finite time per table to chat.
                I'm getting even more jealous
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I know it's all perfectly timed, which is why it would be an issue. That's why I said I knew it would be a no no. I can understand Julia wanting to leave it to the autograph session. It's a lot easier for her and for everyone concerned, especially when everything is so perfectly timed.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with the "my controls" link
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Funny, I made this a long time ago, but I didn't really like it so I never posted it. Now it seems quite fitting. LOL

That's so perfect Kat ! I'd green you if the reputation was still working. I guess we need McGyver!Geek!Sam to repair it.
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I know it's all perfectly timed, which is why it would be an issue. That's why I said I knew it would be a no no. I can understand Julia wanting to leave it to the autograph session. It's a lot easier for her and for everyone concerned, especially when everything is so perfectly timed.
                        It would be cool though. I agree with you, totally. Tres awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          White page of doom? Yupp. I've been missing my buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            The link doesn't work and same goes for giving reputation.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

It would be cool though. I agree with you, totally. Tres awesomeness.
                              I don't know, it just seems a shame to narrow down all you guys, who are fab, to two people. I know I kinda did it, but there's Ooober, Coley, 1Speed, Kat... all of you guys deserve the chance to present it. You're all so dedicated to Samanda.

Comment

yay? nay? other ideas???
                                Bighonkinamazongeek should definitely be one of the presenters. And a lottery for the second person sounds fair to me.

On Edit: or Sky...

I confess I'd be disappointed if it were given at the cocktail party, though... I'd really like to see Amanda's face, and I won't be there. Selfish, I know.
                                Last edited by Strix varia; 14 February 2006, 08:30 AM.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X