Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    If you think about it, geeks rule the current economic climate of the financial western world

I was the quiet geek in the corner at school at times too. Now I've decided geeks are just higher on the evolutionary scale and go with it... celebrate the geek within!
    It seems that geekiness is a common denominator in Samanda Kingdom. I'm also a geek and proud of it. Why don't we celebrate our geekiness and organize a Geek Celebration Week ? How would be the ultimate geek ? Why being a geek is so cool ? Do real geeks absolutely need glasses ? Any ideas Samandans ? Listen to the geek within you. Let me tell this. Geeks rule !
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Happy Birthday Astro !
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        It seems that geekiness is a common denominator in Samanda Kingdom. I'm also a geek and proud of it. Why don't we celebrate our geekiness and organize a Geek Celebration Week ? How would be the ultimate geek ? Why being a geek is so cool ? Do real geeks absolutely need glasses ? Any ideas Samandans ? Listen to the geek within you. Let me tell this. Geeks rule !
        Well, considering that we here to discuss the biggest geek (Sam ) that doesn't surprise me

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          If you think about it, geeks rule the current economic climate of the financial western world

I was the quiet geek in the corner at school at times too. Now I've decided geeks are just higher on the evolutionary scale and go with it... celebrate the geek within!

For is it not written "And the Geek shall inherit the Earth"?

As for me, well I'm proud to say I'm Geek!, and I've got the socks to prove it.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTRO!!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTRO!!
              yep, I'm a geek and I have the computer and GPA to prove it.
              I agree with having an ultimate geek week to celebrate the coolest people on Earth. (or anywhere else for that matter).
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                Yeah, that'll happen. It's in the episode where Jonas comes back and where Sam and Jack get married.
                wow, nice snark!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  We'll also need to nominate two SAmandan GABIT reps to present the poster to Amanda, likely during the autograph session(s). I told Julia I'd pass the word along to all of the thread and since there's a few months off, we still have ample time to discuss the logistic(s).

But it looks like the poster is a go. Sweet!

Now to get those signatures scanned in and emailed, eh?!

minigeek

it's so fantastic that you've arranged this!!

i'll get on my note/signature as soon as i can

as to presenting, well how about once we get at gabit and know who's gonna be there, we can either put folks names in a hat and draw for the two to present or we nominate someone to accompany minigeek. cause i think she should be one of them seeing as how she's doing all the work and it's her art
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Kiddie politics, eh?

I was always really outgoing, and very lucky I guess, I always had a gaggle of friends. But I'll tell you a story - because this conversation reminded me of it. A lot of the kids that went to my junior school (when I was in grade 4 and 5) lived on the same street as me, or very nearby. We used to play a game called "kick the can" - which is like a combination of hide and seek and capture the flag, I suppose. When I was in grade five, I had friends from the grade four and five and six classes who'd all meet up with me outside my house, about thirteen or fourteen of us, to play KTC a few evenings a week, and on weekends.

Well, one day one of the "unpopular" girls from class was sitting out on her lawn (she lived three doors down), and in between games, my mother had come outside to water our lawn. She pulled me aside and said: "Why don't you ask that girl to play, too?"

I remember thinking - why would I want to do that? But my mom said, "she's been watching you guys play for an hour, I think it'd be nice if you asked her to play too." That was my mom. She never "told me" to do things outright back then, she'd make suggestions, and for some reason I always felt BAD if I didn't take them, even as a kiddie. Well, I think I said something like: "We already have teams, there's no more players left." - to which my mother replied: "You can make new teams. If you ask her to play, the other kids will let her play too. And she'll feel included. And you'll feel good too because you did a nice thing for someone else."

(I really didn't WANT to break up our teams because I loved the team I was on, but...) I said: "Ohhh-KAY." And I marched across the street, three doors down and up to her. I said, "hey, we're playing kick the can, you wanna play?" (It's funny I remember this so clearly, like it was yesterday). And she looked up at me, she had these HUGE blue eyes (I remember thinking, i wish MY eyes were that blue!), and she nodded, and said, "Sure. I'm Shauna."

I said: "Yeah, I know." (Well, I did, she was in my class - lol - but I guess because I never really talked to her, she figured I didn't know her name). Shauna came over to my driveway with me, I introduced her to the other guys and added her to my team (because she was new, we didn't count the extra player). And later, she found the most INCREDIBLE place for me and her to hide behind this one house, near their backyard gate. She was really good at finding hiding places.

Next day at school, I called her over to eat lunch with us in the gym. And she sat down, and my best friend (at the time) started talking with her as though she'd always been part of our group and, I remember feeling like ... this is neat. Yesterday, she was uncool, and today she's friends with my friends, and my mom was right, I DID feel really good about that (as hallmarky as that might sound ).

I decided (in my grade five head) right then and there that I was never going to NOT talk to anyone because they were supposedly "uncool" again. And I'm proud to say I kept that vow, all through the rest of middle school and highschool.

I was blessed with many friends, and Shauna remains one of my best friends, even today (though she lives in New York now with her husband and daughter).

Kid politics, huh? I figure I had an epiphany in grade five, and I think it made me a better person. I have to thank my mom for that (among so many other things she taught me). That's why she's getting a Valentine from me this year (as she does every year), too!

mini(the slightly nostalgic)geek

EDIT-> I might add that Shauna taught me how to climb trees! She was scary good at that. But I taught her how to pile up and then excavate a proper snow fort. So I think it was a fair trade.
                    What a lovely lesson to learn so early in life. Kudos to your mom for helping you to see which way to go. I would green you, but it just won't let me at the moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around much recently....my health is making it difficult to sit at my pc.....and I know, I need a laptop. All that aside, I do have tickets to GABIT2, and I'm praying I get to go, so what's all this about a poster and how do I write and scan a note, etc? Sorry if all this has been gone over before, but I can't remain online long enough to find the answer. Again, I apologize. This whole thing (my health problems) has become a real pain in my mikta!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Sorry I haven't been around much recently....my health is making it difficult to sit at my pc.....and I know, I need a laptop. All that aside, I do have tickets to GABIT2, and I'm praying I get to go, so what's all this about a poster and how do I write and scan a note, etc? Sorry if all this has been gone over before, but I can't remain online long enough to find the answer. Again, I apologize. This whole thing (my health problems) has become a real pain in my mikta!
                        Lida,

The details are here.

Comment

I don't think so, Sky. I honestly believe there are more good people in the world than not. The "not" kind are just louder and often more resounding, given their... "not-ness". A lot of the great people out there are quiet and unassuming, but given the right circumstances - wow, look at 'em shine.
                          Yeah, I agree. Since I got sick I've been amazed at the amount of support I've gotten from people. Friends I'd lost touch with ten years ago heard about the cancer and came to visit, and call all the time knowing I'm home alone during the day. I do think the good outweight the bad in the world.

Also-Count me among the geeks in this thread. Geek and proud of it! Yeah us! (Heck, I'm also a dork, and proud of it, so there!)
                          Last edited by Deejay435; 14 February 2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                            Also-Count me among the geeks in this thread. Geek and proud of it! Yeah us! (Heck, I'm also a dork, and proud of it, so there!)
                            Wow Deejay, you're a double whammy, a geek and a dork
                            You maybe just too cool for all of us geeks around here
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                              Funny, I made this a long time ago, but I didn't really like it so I never posted it. Now it seems quite fitting. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Funny, I made this a long time ago, but I didn't really like it so I never posted it. Now it seems quite fitting. LOL

LOL I love it! Soo perfect!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X