Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Samandans, come on, be honest: how many of you would have been the Princess and how many of you would have been the Knight as a kid?

I always wanted to be a cowboy and a knight and a soldier - never was much into that whole little homemaker gig! What about others? Something tells me there were a lot of Sam Carter Juniors from the Samanda crowd ... care to share?
    *raises hand*

Never wanted to play the "girl" games. The boys had so much more fun.
    sigpic

Comment

elder is a relative term

and i bet i'm elderer than some of you
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        elder is a relative term

Oh no, not more relativitywhere's Sam when I need her
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

elder is a relative term

I'm only an ickle baby, so probably.

Though a lot of the time I feel like an old, withered hag.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Me too... I was always the "hero" of our little imaginary stories... comes with being the oldest in the group I had GI-Joe's not barbie dolls!

Originally posted by KatG
            *raises hand*

Never wanted to play the "girl" games. The boys had so much more fun.
            sigpic

Comment

on recess i tended to read or try and play kickball than hang with the girls and gossip

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                because, *to me*, mitchell doesn't have the leadership presense, the team can't jell together anymore. sam, daniel, and teal'c don't love this man. they won't follow him to hell and back. they don't *know* him like they knew jack. they either should have had mitchell cast with an older actor, or they should have left things alone and let sam be the leader again.

all the scenes that have come into my mind on *really* having this group feel like a team; they all take place with sam leading the group. because daniel and teal'c *would* follow *sam* to hell and back. the trust and intimacy is already there with sam in the leadership spot. it's not there with mitchell. and if mitchell were played by an older actor, at least the others would feel the pull of his presense (of course depending on the casting *tom selleck*, or even beau bridges).

of course, this is all just personal taste.

sally
                I think that's it Sally. From the get go, the rest of SG-1 totally respected Jack. They trusted him and it came across in their attitude and demeanor. We don't get that with Mitchell, and as a result we don't have really have a team. We have one buffoon and his back up crew.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Me too... I was always the "hero" of our little imaginary stories... comes with being the oldest in the group I had GI-Joe's not barbie dolls!

Barbie Dolls? Eeek! I couldn't stand them. I could never get the clothes to go on right or the shoes to stay on their feet. About the only cool thing about Barbie was the car.

I was much more likely to be playing with my train set or my hot wheels set. Even better was "imagine". We had these woods across the street that became an uncharted forest, the ditches became canyons and the creek became a huge river to be forded. And of course I was the "great explorer", blazing new trails.
                  sigpic

Comment

on recess i tended to read or try and play kickball than hang with the girls and gossip
                    Wow. I used to get people bullying me, or laughing at me cos I played on my own. I was quite a strange kid at primary school, until about middle of year 5 when the teacher pulled me in and told me to stand up for myself.

As soon as I hit secondary school, though, I became the class entertainer and clown. I think I was more popular because I had been on TV and in theatre productions though, rather than personality.

You sound so popular, though, Sky. Not that it's surprising. Everyone seems to love you.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

in a lot of way i like cameron. i like his enthusiasm and his sense of fun...but, and there had to be a but, his enthusiasm seems better suited to someone like jonas, a member of the team not the leader of the team.

sam is enthusiastic and fun too, but she knows when to put it aside and get down to business.

cam still hasn't figured that out yet

now, tptb will impress the stuffins out of me if, in another eps or two, sam and cam have a little heart to heart and she takes him down a peg or two and gets him playing right

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

You sound so popular, though, Sky. Not that it's surprising. Everyone seems to love you.
                        lol

smoke and mirrors.

i never fit in with the 'cool kids' in school.

i don't do sports, i'm not outgoing and i was the geek with the glasses and braces reading a book in the corner

sigpic

Comment

Sky, you naughty girl. :d:d:d

I just finished reading part 4 of Trinkets. I really, really, REALLY ... did I mentioned really ? loved it. Oh, and cookie monster in part 3 was a nice touch
                          sigpic
                          There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                          If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                          If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                          If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Happy birthday Astro
                            sigpic
                            There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                            If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                            If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                            If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

thanks hon ((historian))

it's only half way done. next week will be season five and...dum da dum, Meridian

sigpic

Comment

for those that are interested

Trinkets: Picking up the Pieces (27 K)
                                Archived on February 13, 2006
                                Author: Denise
                                Rating: Older Kids
                                Category: Action/Adventure, MissingScene, Romance, Angst
                                Season: SG-1 Season Four
                                Related SG-1 Episode(s): 410 Beneath the Surface, 418 The Light, 420 Entity
                                Pairing(s): Sam/Jack
                                Summary: There's nothing like almost dying to spice up your life
                                Sequel to: Trinkets: Mending Fences

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...tspicking.html

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X