Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I say we start a petition to get TH on the Stargate writing crew!!!
    This is exactly how this episode should have ended!
    Why are so many of the episodes this season lacking any drama whatsoever?
    Even in episodes where I should have felt some sort of tension and worry, I
    felt nothing. Enough with the CGI already. Just throw the team in a room together and
    give us something beautifully written like Solitudes or Abyss that will leave us
    wanting more.
    as much as i knew i was going to miss rda/jack mega amounts, i could still see sg1 being a team together. REALLY being a team, with all the 'oohs' and 'aahs' still intact.

i think, for *me*, the reason this isn't happening is of two reasons. 1 - the writing isn't going in that direction. the writers aren't trying to make us jell with this group. and 2 (the sore spot for me AND the reason number 1 isn't happening) - it ain't working because they've got mitchell as leader instead of sam.

mitchell doesn't only not have the experience to *lead* these ppl, he doesn't have the presense that jack did. with jack, you felt his presense of leadership. with mitchell... i think they had two ways of going with this. either make him another jack type character (a larger than life and 'clearly' the lead), or make him at the same level as sam, daniel, and teal'c, with 'all' of them basically having a say in how things were going down. i believe the writers took the latter, which i think is hurting the team 'and' show. it was almost like a lose/lose situation.

the only scenario(s) i could see this working in is:

1 - better writing. hands down.
    2 - have him larger than life/*obvious* leader (like jack).
    or
    3 - have sam lead.

because, *to me*, mitchell doesn't have the leadership presense, the team can't jell together anymore. sam, daniel, and teal'c don't love this man. they won't follow him to hell and back. they don't *know* him like they knew jack. they either should have had mitchell cast with an older actor, or they should have left things alone and let sam be the leader again.

all the scenes that have come into my mind on *really* having this group feel like a team; they all take place with sam leading the group. because daniel and teal'c *would* follow *sam* to hell and back. the trust and intimacy is already there with sam in the leadership spot. it's not there with mitchell. and if mitchell were played by an older actor, at least the others would feel the pull of his presense (of course depending on the casting *tom selleck*, or even beau bridges).

of course, this is all just personal taste.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Mini it's an excellent idea, and I'm sure I remember Julia saying that it's fine and that the Gabit Crew would ship the poster back safely for her. If in doubt, send Julia a PM. She also said it would be two Gateworlders who would be allowed to go and present the poster, so told us to nominate two people.

I'll get to work. Arrrgh. So much to say, not enough room to say it!

Yes I am in correspondence with Mini over this. The answer is "yes" two of you can present it to her at the autograph session representing Samandans. Just nominate two of you who are going to Gabit. I will *personally* take responsibility for shipping the poster over to her after the convention on your behalf. I've explained what I need for that. Great idea.

Julia
      G4
      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
        Yes I am in correspondence with Mini over this. The answer is "yes" two of you can present it to her at the autograph session representing Samandans. Just nominate two of you who are going to Gabit. I will *personally* take responsibility for shipping the poster over to her after the convention on your behalf. I've explained what I need for that. Great idea.

Julia
        G4
        Thank you for clarifying that, Julia. I thought I remembered you saying it, but I can never be sure. That's why I told her to PM you.

I hope you're keeping well. I haven't seen you on the Gabit boards for a few days. Been quiet this weekend. Did you get Mumsey back?
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Thank you for clarifying that, Julia. I thought I remembered you saying it, but I can never be sure. That's why I told her to PM you.

I hope you're keeping well. I haven't seen you on the Gabit boards for a few days. Been quiet this weekend. Did you get Mumsey back?

Yes the G4 have climbed out of the dreaded virus, although if you heard Becky and I on the phone taking it in turns to cough you'd think we were still in the throes! LOL! Been busy at work last week so not much time for Internet stuff and then a hectic weekend, but I'm back and will be around from now on, so never fear. I keep a quiet but close eye on everyone on the Gabit Forum - someone has to watch you guys!!!
          Ooh we never get Mumsey back. She's far to quick for us, plus we love her too much!!

Julia
          G4
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
            Yes the G4 have climbed out of the dreaded virus, although if you heard Becky and I on the phone taking it in turns to cough you'd think we were still in the throes! LOL! Been busy at work last week so not much time for Internet stuff and then a hectic weekend, but I'm back and will be around from now on, so never fear. I keep a quiet but close eye on everyone on the Gabit Forum - someone has to watch you guys!!!
            Ooh we never get Mumsey back. She's far to quick for us, plus we love her too much!!

Julia
            G4
            Lol. Don't let her catch you saying that... her head might inflate!!

Good to hear that you and Becks are feeling better. And what do you mean someone has to keep an eye on us We're always well behaved. We would never dream of plotting water pistol fights or Who's The Craziest competitions!! am:

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              but if amanda were to leave the show, unless her replacement were almost as good, then i don't think i'd be able to keep watching. it would change the show too much. i feel she and teal'c are too important to lose. they are fundemetal to the show in my opinion.
              if amanda left, i'd bail. i love (used to anyways) this show, but sam/amanda IS the show for me. it wouldn't matter if amanda's replacement was an actress that i really liked (gillian anderson comes to mind), i'd still quit the show. sam is a one of a kind character, and amanda's put her stamp on her *and* the show. it's like losing a limb and expecting to still be able to dance. sam/amanda is irreplaceable *to me*.

sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 13 February 2006, 03:43 PM.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                if amanda left, i'd bail. i love (used to anyways) this show, but sam/amanda IS the show for me. it wouldn't matter if amanda's replacement was an actress that i really liked (gillian anderson comes to mind), i'd still quit the show. sam is a one of a kind character, and amanda's put her stamp on her *and* the show. it's like losing a limb and expecting to still be able to dance. sam/amanda is irreplaceable *to me*.

sally
                With me i've always thought I loved the show for EVERYTHING, not just one char... but
                Spoiler:
                Without Jack at all
                I'm realizing how much I really do need everyone to be there... I really havn't been pleased with the new season (at all) and if Cam, Vala, Danny
                Spoiler:
                On MS's new limited schedule
                and Teal'c, I can't see myself downloading eps anymore. If it comes on tv, i'll watch it if I can... but for sure Amanda leaving fully would be the end for me. I'd still watch it, I wouldn't refuse, but I for SURE wouldnt get all hooped up about it. It'd fade slowly into "another show I watch when I can" Just the prospect seems horrid to me who's been watching for a huge long time, but hey, that's the way the cookie's been crumbling...

but I'd reather not dwell on those thoughts!!! I figure "If it happens, it happens, and i'll deal with it then!" no sense doom-saying now...
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Bahahahahaha!
                  you laugh now, but one day it'll happen to you! curse you cruel inter-world!

Comment

Awwww. To be honest, I'm really surprised I can get Tracy and Tracy Jane in all the places I can. Quite amazing!

Comment

Roses are red
                      Jello is blue
                      Tomorrow is Valentine's Day
                      And Astro's Birthday too!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...PinkBasket.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE ROYAL ELDERS, KEEPER OF THE FLAME
                      MISSED VERY MUCH ON THIS THREAD
                      ASTROGEOLOGIST
                      MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Astro.

And as I've said on Torri, Happy Valentine's Day to the people I really care about.... all you guys. You are wonderful, kind, caring and I don't know what I'd do without you all. xxx

Comment

Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Bahahahahaha!
                          Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          you laugh now, but one day it'll happen to you! curse you cruel inter-world!
                          Oh have I mentioned I'm changing my name to Dancer of Spaz, in honour of Cindy Loo Hoo
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Happy Birthday, Astro...

Hope you get everything you wish for!

xoxox,
                            minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday Astro!!!

and many more
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Astro

(but ChopinGal is it really nice to be calling Astro an elder )
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X