Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A CALL FOR SIGNATURES!

Ladies and gents,

Some of you know (and some of you don't) that I'm something of a sketch artist in my er... ample spare time? (whenever I'm not making models of space ships or absent water bottles as the case may be! ).

In any case, I'm working on a little GABIT project which I'm hoping to have okay'd by the GABIT crew (I have yet to approach them because I want to see if it'll work first), whereby I'm going to professionally print a poster-sized comic-book type sketch of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, decked out in full SG-1 gear (similar to one you may have already seen by me). Around this sketch, I would love to have SAmandan signatures, accompanied by a small note of accolade or encouragement for Amanda - and by small, I mean 250 characters or less (not words mind you, characters).

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of US for a change. Also something she could keep and that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade or so.

If the GABIT folks say it's okay, I thought it'd be really neat if we were able to present the poster to her with all the signatures and little messages on it, some time during GABIT itself. Then have it couriered back to her in Canada (so she doesn't have to carry it in her luggage). If it's not okay with the GABIT folks, I suppose we could always try to just send it to her somehow, but I'm really hoping they'll say yes. It's just a poster-sheet, after all.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask?? Good question!

I'd want them to appear *EXACTLY* as they were written. Choose your message. Choose your pen color (mind you don't use a giant marker, I won't be able to give anyone more than about 300 pixels width so use a pen, ok?).

Sign a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER as though you were signing a group birthday card, for example. Then ... have your paper SCANNED into the computer as an image. Set the DPI at 300 - if you don't know how, you can have it done at a local copy-centre, or ask a friend!

You've only got about this much space:

Once you have your image (signature/message), save it as a (JPG - 300 DPI ) Again, if you need help, ask a friend or have your copy centre do it for you.

Then... email it to me at:
    FanSigsForAT(at)gmail.com

Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

I will be filtering mail that way, so if you don't use that subject, your signature may be lost. We've got some time to do this so don't panic. Think about what you want to say (and how to say it in 250 characters or less!). Obviously I will be reading these before I put them on the poster and censoring rude, crude, personal or otherwise inappropriate comments - which won't even be an issue since this is SAmanda and who here would even think of saying something inappropriate!? My recommendation would be to keep it light and happy, you only have about 250 characters after all.

I was thinking of keeping this in the SAmanda family - a SAmandan project since this is a place I've come to view as very special since I was welcomed here a few months ago. However please also feel free to pass this on to anyone else you might feel would want to participate. Even if that's on another group. We're all friends, right?

I hope to contact the G4 about this as soon as I know whether it will work and see if it's doable. It could be really awesome if it works out well.

Thanks guys so much ... love and hugs to you all !!

minigeek

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Wow. So we've started the "Amanda is perfect as she is" campaign, then? I feel a little stupid writing this, because I had this conversation with Sam, Myrth and AD last night, but I'm going to anyway.

I understand that Amanda has insecurities, it's normal. We all have insecurities, and the fact that she's so self-conscious, so like one of us, is one of the many reasons I love her to bits.

But "big girl"? C'mon, here, Amanda, pull yourself together! What are you big compared to? A five year old? One of the anorexic hollywood starlets who would shatter into a thousand pieces the minute you brushed against them?

Amanda is healthy. She's staying within her recommended weight, and anything under that is seriously problematic. She's had a baby, it's normal and healthy to retain a little of that weight, and anyone who suggests otherwise ought to be shot.

Amanda is perfect just the way she is. These stick thin celebrities (the Friends Girls to name three) don't do anything for me, in fact, it makes me feel sick to see how these people have been manipulated by the industry, that they feel pressured to waste themselves away.

The tag line of last night's conversation was "Amanda, stop being an idiot."

I kinda feel bad about that now. But, seriously, she has nothing to worry about, we love her as she is. The people that make digs, they're always going to find something, I just hope she doesn't let this become a major issue in her life.

After all, she's got a little girl who's gonna need some of those awesome hugs.
      She's letting people tell her she's too big? She's tall, but quite slim and still looked good even in the first ep. back after the baby for crying out loud. I remember reading that she said she was going to be sensible about the weight loss b/c she was breastfeeding. I bet that took some guts on her part and I admire her for putting her family and her health first.
      I look at these female so-called ideals and I just want to feed them a milkshake. They look positively ill. In one of the commentaries for season 8 one of the people was kind of joking about how little AT eats--well duh, she's not behind the scenes like you, donut boy. I bet the MS & CJ have a bit of pressure to stay in shape, but nothing like what AT does.

Comment

You know it gets me how the media perceives things. Stargate has been on for 9 seasons, and yet it doesn't get the press that for eg. Gray's Anatomy gets which has just started. There seems to be some stereotype against Sci-Fi shows, that they aren't as good

Yet most primetime "wonderful" shows don't last very long (Commander in Chief)

I guess one of the good points is that the actors don't get swarmed like the others do. But it's not really fair to perceive them as "less" just because they are on a show that deals with sci-fi. I mean Jennifer Garner's show just got cancelled and yet Stargate keeps going on.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
          It's part of the general dumbing-down (maybe so Mitchell won't stand out so much?<<g>>). I couldn't believe in "Ethon", for example, that they went along with that idiotic "deal" what Daniel "worked out" (I guess, to avoid getting shot)--and then they all, Sam included, seemed shocked, shocked, that Rand reneged. Was anyone here surprised at that??
          Sam did seem surprised at first, but then I thought I saw her shake her head like "of course they didn't honor it." It was rather fleeting. Did anyone else see that or am I indulging in wishful thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Sam did seem surprised at first, but then I thought I saw her shake her head like "of course they didn't honor it." It was rather fleeting. Did anyone else see that or am I indulging in wishful thinking?
            Yes I did see that look of "why doesn't that surprise me?"
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Mini it's an excellent idea, and I'm sure I remember Julia saying that it's fine and that the Gabit Crew would ship the poster back safely for her. If in doubt, send Julia a PM. She also said it would be two Gateworlders who would be allowed to go and present the poster, so told us to nominate two people.

I'll get to work. Arrrgh. So much to say, not enough room to say it!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1[/QUOTE
                It's part of the general dumbing-down (maybe so Mitchell won't stand out so much?<<g>>). I couldn't believe in "Ethon", for example, that they went along with that idiotic "deal" what Daniel "worked out" (I guess, to avoid getting shot)--and then they all, Sam included, seemed shocked, shocked, that Rand reneged. Was anyone here surprised at that??
                I would have preferred some actual drama to come out of this deal Danny was trying to set up:

Sam would have responded to Daniel's deal by saying "Blue leader, proceed with the mission." When Daniel would sputter his next lines Sam would retort with passion. "They murdered Colonel Pendergast and 37 of his crew, Daniel! Murdered them after they'd surrendered. What's to stop (the Prez) from activating the sheild the moment the lights go back on down there?"

Daniel would take one look at President Fanatic and know Sam was right. Daniel would, in a selfless gesture, tell Sam to go ahead. Cam & Teal'c would blow the satalite out of the sky.

In the ensuing dramatic pause Sam would say, "Mr President, I've dispatched two flyers to pick up Doctor Jackson. I've rigged the <insert impressive technobabble here, resulting in....>"If he's not returned to us unharmed they'll turn your unsheilded bunker into an oven."

Prez Fanatic could still have gone psycho, Commander Perneaux could still have been injured while playing the hero to save Daniel, and later the two superpowers could still have blown themselves to bits, but we'd have gotten the pleasure of seeing the satalite go down spectacularly and Sam showing her command mettle(not to mention some sorely needed angst over the loss of a good character, Pendergast).
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  I would have preferred some actual drama to come out of this deal Danny was trying to set up:

Sam would have responded to Daniel's deal by saying "Blue leader, proceed with the mission." When Daniel would sputter his next lines Sam would retort with passion. "They murdered Colonel Pendergast and 37 of his crew, Daniel! Murdered them after they'd surrendered. What's to stop (the Prez) from activating the sheild the moment the lights go back on down there?"

Daniel would take one look at President Fanatic and know Sam was right. Daniel would, in a selfless gesture, tell Sam to go ahead. Cam & Teal'c would blow the satalite out of the sky.

In the ensuing dramatic pause Sam would say, "Mr President, I've dispatched two flyers to pick up Doctor Jackson. I've rigged the <insert impressive technobabble here, resulting in....>"If he's not returned to us unharmed they'll turn your unsheilded bunker into an oven."

Prez Fanatic could still have gone psycho, Commander Perneaux could still have been injured while playing the hero to save Daniel, and later the two superpowers could still have blown themselves to bits, but we'd have gotten the pleasure of seeing the satalite go down spectacularly and Sam showing her command mettle(not to mention some sorely needed angst over the loss of a good character, Pendergast).
                  Very nicely done, however it just goes to show the writers are lacking th insight they once had (sigh)
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Very nicely done, however it just goes to show the writers are lacking th insight they once had (sigh)
                    Indeed - and they don't do the research they once did, either - after they're hit with EMP, most electrical devices that aren't specially shielded/hardened don't just 'come back on': the transitory voltages induced in the transmission lines and internal conductors of the devices themselves fry them, and Sam would definitely know that, even if the writers don't.
                    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

I say we start a petition to get TH on the Stargate writing crew!!!
                      This is exactly how this episode should have ended!
                      Why are so many of the episodes this season lacking any drama whatsoever?
                      Even in episodes where I should have felt some sort of tension and worry, I
                      felt nothing. Enough with the CGI already. Just throw the team in a room together and
                      give us something beautifully written like Solitudes or Abyss that will leave us
                      wanting more.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 February 2006, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/thanks.jpg
                        Wow Myrth this is great. I've been going through my Comic Con pictures to find the one I like best so I can go to the photo lab and have an 8 x 10 made to take with me to Vancouver for my autograph with AT.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          She's letting people tell her she's too big? She's tall, but quite slim and still looked good even in the first ep. back after the baby for crying out loud. I remember reading that she said she was going to be sensible about the weight loss b/c she was breastfeeding. I bet that took some guts on her part and I admire her for putting her family and her health first.
                          I look at these female so-called ideals and I just want to feed them a milkshake. They look positively ill. In one of the commentaries for season 8 one of the people was kind of joking about how little AT eats--well duh, she's not behind the scenes like you, donut boy. I bet the MS & CJ have a bit of pressure to stay in shape, but nothing like what AT does.
                          good grief!

if only i would look half as good as she does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think she's just gorgous and looks perfectly fine and if anyone is giving her crud telling her that she's too fat then they need to have thier head examined!!!!
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            good grief!

if only i would look half as good as she does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think she's just gorgous and looks perfectly fine and if anyone is giving her crud telling her that she's too fat then they need to have thier head examined!!!!
                            Hear hear. I second that wholeheartedly.

PS-> Thanks for the tip, Tracy, I've PMed JuliaR.

Cheers,
                            minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

... For a moment there I also was wondering if this whole time we've been spouting off 'Hic Comitas Regit' we've actually been saying something along the lines of 'We'll murder you in the bloodiest way possible with axes'.
                              But now I've read strix's explaination, and I have to say, that was a really great idea to suggest that for a tent Strix!

Oh, and I'm jealous of you. When I was twelve or thirteen I desparately wanted to join the SCA. I never did though. And then I got put off mediaeval re-enactment for a while because I started a short kids course in mediaeval re-enactment (not through SCA), and I was one of three girls there, and none of the boys wanted the girls to fight in the mock battles, and the other two girls didn't want to be in the battles (they'd joined to be 'princesses') and I was outnumbered all around. And I'd only ever wanted to join to be a part of the battles, so I didn't much fancy sitting around in a pretty dress doing embroidery while everyone else had fun. I didn't continue with that, but I still have an active dream to make myself chainmail one day .
                              LOL ... little Page, when did you become a jester?! This is delightful, your comments on the tent and then your wanting to be chainmail one day because your playmates never gave you the chance!

Samandans, come on, be honest: how many of you would have been the Princess and how many of you would have been the Knight as a kid?

I always wanted to be a cowboy and a knight and a soldier - never was much into that whole little homemaker gig! What about others? Something tells me there were a lot of Sam Carter Juniors from the Samanda crowd ... care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I say we start a petition to get TH on the Stargate writing crew!!!
                                This is exactly how this episode should have ended!
                                Why are so many of the episodes this season lacking any drama whatsoever?
                                Even in episodes where I should have felt some sort of tension and worry, I
                                felt nothing. Enough with the CGI already. Just throw the team in a room together and
                                give us something beautifully written like Solitudes or Abyss that will leave us
                                wanting more.
                                TH? Me or Torri Higginson? I'm assuming Torri here, but this is the wrong thread for.... oh wait! *slaps palm against forehead* TH = Tokra Hostess. That's confusing!!! Yupp, I'm in.

Mini, you are 100% welcome, my dear!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X