Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by campmotha
    Oh hehehe Thanks sweetie hehe
    I am indeed lucky enough to be a beta for you, a privilage i am so happy to have.

I'm Barmy? really heheh coolies. Oh i love that On teh rubber trout team though hahaha classic, nice one
    She's lucky to be my beta? Told you she was barmy!!!!!!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      you know when i really saw how much presence amanda had? when i saw her in season 1's 'solitudes'. rda has mega star presence, but when amanda was up next to him... she totally held her own and then some! she wasn't over powered by rda's aura at all. amanda stole that ep.

mega power amanda!

(that's why i know sam/jack would work so much, because i see *sam/amanda* being the leader of that relationship!)

sally
      Yes, Amanda has that certain "something" and I agree on the Solitudes observation. Here she was, fairly new to the television industry and she's carrying this episode with RDA, the big star. Well, she certainly stepped in and gave it her all and it showed! I would so love to see this same duo now on the big screen ... AT and RDA, a winning combination! I don't care what some of the fans say, IMO there is chemistry there! Their teasing looks, the natural playfulness, and the professional skills, like the scene in the elevator with Sam "humming" ... if you watch that closely, the comedic timing/beats - just perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Yes, Amanda has that certain "something" and I agree on the Solitudes observation. Here she was, fairly new to the television industry and she's carrying this episode with RDA, the big star. Well, she certainly stepped in and gave it her all and it showed! I would so love to see this same duo now on the big screen ... AT and RDA, a winning combination! I don't care what some of the fans say, IMO there is chemistry there! Their teasing looks, the natural playfulness, and the professional skills, like the scene in the elevator with Sam "humming" ... if you watch that closely, the comedic timing/beats - just perfect!
        And let's not forget how comfortable she was in performing that "MacUseless" behind the scenes comedy with RDA. If anybody has the file and could share it that would be great. I have one, but it's so dark I can't see their facial expressions.
        sigpic

Comment

Ooober, MajorSam, Myrth, Mandy, Tracy Jane et al ... you've written some terrific posts about Amanda and I thought it may be a good time to resurrect the haiku I wrote after the GABIT weekend in London. You may see this up at the GABIT site too, but the sentiments are worth repeating. Amanda is a classy lady!

Essence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...TandShadow.jpg

She talks, we listen
          Hanging on each funny word
          She makes people laugh

Beauty, grace and wit
          No wonder some are jealous
          What you see is real

In this jaded world
          Honesty is refreshing
          Kindness carries weight

Caring actions speak
          What she does shows who she is
          A class act for sure

Shy in many ways
          Yet inviting people in
          Open to the world

Fame does not usurp
          The girl-next-door persona
          Easy to relate

She seems so amazed
          Thankful for her good fortune
          Her smile is sincere

What a gift it is
          To be yourself at all times
          Nothing tricky here

Wherever she goes
          Whatever path she chooses
          Her fans will follow

Comment

Lovely haiku! An oldie, but a goodie!

Just popped in to update my sig and saw you were here, Elaine! How is it in snowy PA today? I know our friends nell and trupi each saw a lot of snow yesterday. I, of course, got only a dusting, although counties all around me got plenty of the white stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              And let's not forget how comfortable she was in performing that "MacUseless" behind the scenes comedy with RDA. If anybody has the file and could share it that would be great. I have one, but it's so dark I can't see their facial expressions.
              That was priceless! And at that time, she had been working with him less than a year. It just shows their chemistry and friendship were already in full swing!

And, welcome to Samanda, campmotha!

Comment

MSam, what you said was so sweet and so generous towards Amanda, I really hope she gets a chance to read it some time. I think it'd probably make her cry! In a good way, of course.

From the moment I started investigating who Amanda Tapping was, I've heard nothing that wasn't glowing, or positively effusive in terms of praise and admiration - from both fans and industry professionals alike. I have yet to speak with anyone who's met or worked with Amanda who didn't respect her and truly enjoy her company. That's one of the primary reasons I think I've come to want to meet her so much too. I've never been to a convention before. I've never paid to meet an actor (even saying that was once against my religion! lol). But I've made a really big exception in this case for two reasons. One, a good portion of money is going to charity, and two - I REALLY want to meet this lady.

I realize sometimes we put people on pedestals, and I'd like to think that I'm a pretty down to earth person, myself. I don't have stars in my eyes, I've just heard (and seen) so much generosity of spirit where AT is concerned that it's made me want to give her a great big hug too. I know she offered to pay for a young woman's medical bill (since she was sick at the last GABIT), and that's just one of the great things I've heard. She seems to treat her fans as equals, there's no "CELEBRITY" in her, and that (to me) embodies a huge part of the reason I hold her in such high regard.

Amanda knows who she is, and she's always given back as much affection to her fans as I've seen them give to her. She also embodies what I'd hope any role-model would aspire to be. Integrity, openeness, generosity of spirit, and what seems to be a truly genuine affection for her peers, her colleagues and her fans.

As a person, that makes me hold her in tremendous esteem. And I don't say that lightly. Those who know me "IRL" know I don't gush. I've met and worked with a lot of so-called "stars" over the years, and I've never had any illusions about what it's like to work in this artform. But I'm making an exception in this case. I'm totally okay with GUSHING ... because even though I've yet to meet Amanda Tapping, I think the hundreds of "references" I've read or heard or seen (in one form or another) have completely convinced me that it's going to be both an honor and a privilege.

mini(the gushing)geek

-
                Last edited by minigeek; 13 February 2006, 06:18 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Mini, you do the gushing so well. You guys have all just nailed it. Everything about Amanda and why we all love her.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Mini, you do the gushing so well. You guys have all just nailed it. Everything about Amanda and why we all love her.

*sigh*

I just had to say how wonderful it was to wake up this morning, come on to check my email and end up reading some more fantastic things about Amanda...

Dontcha all just love her to bits!? She's so great *silly grin on face*

*yes I'm still very tired rite now*

and CampMotha... you FINALLY got GW working! WOOOH.
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                      Just want to add That i Also Love Amanda TOO!!!!!
                      .......anyway....

saw off the Grid - better than i thought it would be, it was a pretty good episode all round, though not without its flaws. - 7.5/10 (and god Amanda's HOT! - sorry im a Tauri Male).
                      Well Big (it feels funny calling you Big, should it be Mr. Big ) You know when they filmed that scence it was probably in the summer, and it gets pretty hot in Canada in the summer, so I'm sure they gave Amanda the outfit so she could stay cool
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Wow, after all the wonderful comments regarding Amanda, I feel a bit silly posting what I had originally intended to share with you.

However, seeing as it pertains to what we would all like to see Sam do a lot more of next season, I'll post it anyway.

This morning I was looking for photos on the web and came across a small article about a Navy pilot breaking the sound barrier. I've heard a sonic boom before, but I've never actually seen one, so I found the attached image quite interesting. I'm sure many have already seen it or something like it, but hopefully it will be interesting to a few of you.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul1...9_9907162.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          I have to say I've always found Sam to be funny, some of the funniest moments are just her reactions to Jack. eg: at the end of SoG, when they are all together and Daniel says he lost at drawing straws; when Sam walked by, the expression she had just made me laugh.

Without Amanda's reactions, a lot of RDA's comedy wouldn't have been as funny
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i agree, amanda and rick do have great personal chemistry and, i think, are good friends with a similiar opinion and vision about things

and this shows in how well their characters get along. if the actors are comfortable with each other, then the characters are too
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i agree, amanda and rick do have great personal chemistry and, i think, are good friends with a similiar opinion and vision about things

and this shows in how well their characters get along. if the actors are comfortable with each other, then the characters are too

I can't remember which behind the scenes it was, but I remember at least AT, MS and CJ saying how that first season that they lived "in each other's pockets".

It showed on screen. The actors became such good friends and worked well together. They wanted this show to thrive well beyond the first season to the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Well that's a given of course Part of the sex appeal for me is her personality as well. But she definitely does have it in the looks department
                                I think too her beauty will stand the test of time. It's not fake in the least. I can see her still being beautiful at 50, 60, 70 because it's real and (as smarmy as it sounds) it comes from within.

Comment

Working...
                                X