Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    What? "Kindness reigns here" on a battlefield tent? Is it the medtent? Oh and it's the axeman's pictures?!!! MMmmmm we have got the right translation haven't we?!!

Nice one Strix!!
    Glory is the pavillion with all the good battle sayings on it.

Besides, one of the nice things about our battles is that, afterwards, we all sit down and share a good homemade brew together.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      A sad note...

I have now officially lost all of my "Stargate" conversation buddies IRL (with the occasional exception of Annunaki). There used to be seven of us. Four at the studio and three friends who kept up. But the others have all decided over the past few months, at different times, that they no longer enjoy the series, and now no longer watch. It's just me left. *sob*

I hate to admit it, but I think the only reason I'm still here is because of the people in this thread, too! I was telling Myrth last night on MSN that I'm not really much of an online fan (she says after 800+ posts in the SAmanda thread at Gatworld *cough*cough*) but there's somethin' very special about this place and the people here that keeps me coming back to play. I have to tell you guys, it's all of you. Because as much as I think AT is a great talent and as much as I enjoy the Carter character in general (regardless of this year's storylines), if I hadn't been playing in this sandbox with ya'll, I'd have been gone as a viewer a long while ago too.

Bittersweet realization, huh?

mini(still sad to have lost her "RL" SG-1 conversation buddies)geek
      Awwww MG.

But I know how you feel. It's the people I've met playing in various parts of the Forum that keep me coming back at this point. And the fandom has been a wonderful way to get back into creatively writing and dusting off artistic skills with Photoshop.

((MG))
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I love Sam

Comment

That's awesome Strix!!!

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Hey ChopinGal... the Samanda motto has jumped into history in the modern middle ages. Check out the writing on the pavillion in the third picture.

http://homepage.mac.com/wolfpaws/axe...toAlbum45.html

(I love it when my hobbies all come together. )
          sigpic

Comment

Amen Sky.

I went back and watched a few old eps last night and s9 is so damn pale by comparison... 2010, 1969, Out of Mind, Into The Fire. I also watched the season 3 doco thingy and I think I've worked out what's missing for me this year. Rick was talking about wanting to tell the best stories they could, with poignance.... and that's what I'm not seeing, there's no poignance to any of this. Nothing hardcore character based. Something as simple as Sam's reaction to being told she can't have kids in 2010... it was powerful and poignant... sigh.. I'm gonna have to start a Bring Back The Poignance and character/story integrity petition... or something.

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i seem to recall him being a major at first, then it was changed when, i'm guessing, the scifi folks said 'dude, our new male lead can't be SUBORDINATE to a woman *gasp*' so he was made a lt colonel

he does act more juvenile and junior officer than he does a leader

ok, so if they did change his from major to lt colonel at the 'last minute' that doesn't explain OTG

we're 3/4 the way through the season. i could deal with it in the first few eps, maybe eventhe first half. but these eps were likely taped after thier mid season break and in july/aug/sept or so of 2005. so they had PLENTY of time to tweak major behavior to LT col behaviore

and if he was written as a major in this, then why the heck was he telling sam what to do and why the heck wasn't she reaming his cute little butt for beiing, well such a butt
            sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9 and s10

you know, we joke and make fun of mitchell, but the writing for him is *really* very poor. not all the time, but... he's so inconsistant.

at first, he was very sincere and military minded. then he went to giddy with his first mission and *already* cracking jokes. i said it then that he hadn't been on enough missions to be that laid back yet. when 'the ties that bind' aired, that's when i saw the first real glimpses of onelinermitchell. i don't like that! i didn't like it with jack most of the time (mainly his last two seasons).

if i didn't know better, i'd say this inconsistancy is because of all the out of sequence filming they do, but who really knows???

i can not blame ben for this. this is ALL the directors/writers/editors faults. ben can only do so much with what he's given.

i don't really know why i'm bringing this up other than it's very poor writing that's making mitchell come off so badly. and i'm sorry to say, but i think it's only going to get worse with vala joining the cast permanently next season. heck, we've got two more 'normal', so to speak, eps left before vala joins and starts influencing the already shacky writing department.

one part of me is standing back and saying, 'see, we told you this was poor!' while the other is melancholy for watching my fave show slowly die.

sally, only slightly ranto
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                spoilers for s9 and s10

you know, we joke and make fun of mitchell, but the writing for him is *really* very poor. not all the time, but... he's so inconsistant.

at first, he was very sincere and military minded. then he went to giddy with his first mission and *already* cracking jokes. i said it then that he hadn't been on enough missions to be that laid back yet. when 'the ties that bind' aired, that's when i saw the first real glimpses of onelinermitchell. i don't like that! i didn't like it with jack most of the time (mainly his last two seasons).

if i didn't know better, i'd say this inconsistancy is because of all the out of sequence filming they do, but who really knows???

i can not blame ben for this. this is ALL the directors/writers/editors faults. ben can only do so much with what he's given.

i don't really know why i'm bringing this up other than it's very poor writing that's making mitchell come off so badly. and i'm sorry to say, but i think it's only going to get worse with vala joining the cast permanently next season. heck, we've got two more 'normal', so to speak, eps left before vala joins and starts influencing the already shacky writing department.

one part of me is standing back and saying, 'see, we told you this was poor!' while the other is melancholy for watching my fave show slowly die.

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9 and s10

Ah, Sally now you got me feeling like I'm going to a funeral
                  but unfortuneately I have to agree with what you're saying (sniff, sniff)
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    its not just you. I've always wanted to see Julie Andrew's talk to AT, they'd be SO funny together.

class and more class.

there was a musical tv special once with julie andrews and carol burnett (they're very good friends). i could see amanda thrown in with those two... the dynamic trio of class!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

So was there a reason she was in a low cut top - without any spoilers??
                      yes, there was. the show's aimed at BOYZ now. (no reason for it plot wise, because there was no reason for it in 'the ties that bind' either)

amanda was gorgeous, though. (but she'd be gorgeous covered in a duffle bag)

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        AT, herself, seems to be more relaxed and comfortable about this.

i don't have a problem with seeing sam like this, because it's never been over the top like with vala. yes, it seems 'not quite' right for the mission/occasion, but it's still workable. and like i said, it's not SO eye-candy-obvious like vala that you're just shaking your head.

ALL the actors have been able to show off their good looks, but there's a difference between showing your stuff and shoving it down your throats. vala (NOT claudia) was just too dang much.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL! look at jack in this picture. he's plugging his ears. big tough jack, and he's covering his ears! love that man to bits

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Anybody still planning on sending a card or letter to Amanda? Today is the 12th, so that leaves 8 days!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

i don't have a problem with seeing sam like this, because it's never been over the top like with vala. yes, it seems 'not quite' right for the mission/occasion, but it's still workable. and like i said, it's not SO eye-candy-obvious like vala that you're just shaking your head.

ALL the actors have been able to show off their good looks, but there's a difference between showing your stuff and shoving it down your throats. vala (NOT claudia) was just too dang much.

sally
                              does this qualify as Eye Candy
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                                For those of you who have followed the Best Episode Contest, The winner is:

The Lost City Pt. 2 !!!!

ye haw!!

i voted for that. amanda was GREAT in this ep!!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X