Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Nope! Hey, who said our nicks had to actually be descriptive?! Well, the geek part is true, though. I guess minigeek just sounded a little better than gianthonkinamazongeek.

AHEM???
    Oh all this talk about height, 5'9, 6'1,6'3 and even 5'5
    I'm feeling a little lacking in the department at 5'1 1/ 2
    If anyone needs me I'll be in the infirmary with the big honking needles
    Well I don't know about nick names, can't see me be called stretch

Oh by the here's a pic of a BUBBA
    http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/4327/picture50co.jpg
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A sad note...

I have now officially lost all of my "Stargate" conversation buddies IRL (with the occasional exception of Annunaki). There used to be seven of us. Four at the studio and three friends who kept up. But the others have all decided over the past few months, at different times, that they no longer enjoy the series, and now no longer watch. It's just me left. *sob*

I hate to admit it, but I think the only reason I'm still here is because of the people in this thread, too! I was telling Myrth last night on MSN that I'm not really much of an online fan (she says after 800+ posts in the SAmanda thread at Gatworld *cough*cough*) but there's somethin' very special about this place and the people here that keeps me coming back to play. I have to tell you guys, it's all of you. Because as much as I think AT is a great talent and as much as I enjoy the Carter character in general (regardless of this year's storylines), if I hadn't been playing in this sandbox with ya'll, I'd have been gone as a viewer a long while ago too.

Bittersweet realization, huh?

mini(still sad to have lost her "RL" SG-1 conversation buddies)geek
      What? You mean we are not RL Stargate conversation buddies because they are the only one's I have. GW is the only place I discuss Stargate, no one else I know in RL is into the show. So mini consider me a Stargate conversation buddy
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Speaking of "Off The Grid". I also rolled my eyes at the (Asgard) continuity issues, but I loved the action, the pace and the battle aspect(s). So I'd rate this episode as a "good", on the GW scale. I've nearly given up wondering why Cameron gets co-leadership of the team, so I'll just skip my rant on that. That Marry Poppins line could have been leveraged better, I think. Say, when Carter did something miraculous on the ship, later on, she might have turned to Mitchell and said: "Lets see Mary Poppins do THAT." But oh well. Wasted line!
        Cute idea.

I still feel as though they're giving Mitchell JACK LINES and they really need to stop. Because he's taking those lines and coming off like Crighton from Farscape - which seems to be getting worse each episode, as he grows more confident in his role. If I were among tptb, I'd work with Ben on that. He's capable of going in a different direction with Mitchell, and oh how I wish he would...

Nice guns they had though. Very cool. Lets hear it. What were they again, AD?

-
        I don't think they really understand that Jack was about more than his smart remarks. And that his remarks were not just "one liners" thrown in out of the blue. And I think we're all appreciating RDA's skill more now that we've lost him. And for the record, as much as I love Jack, the fact that he isn't Jack isn't my problem with Cam. They had such a good opportunity to write a good character & they've squandered it. And this sore thumb that is Cam harms the rest of the team IMHO.
        I have to wonder if TPTB have become so jaded they think "Oh our fans are so loyal they'll buy anything we dish out."

Comment

i have a few folks at work that know that i watch the show. and know that i go to cons...and it's one of those 'oh she does that as a hobby' kind of things

no one that i can really discuss it with

which is ok i guess. makes it easier to keep online and real life separate
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sexy is more like it.
            Christopher H.
            Stargate Atlantis Fan
            WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Maybe they need a director with insight and maturity. Hey I think Amanda wants to direct again
              Oh, if only! Of course I'd hope they'd give her a decent script. Maybe they can get CJ writing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                well, at is 5'11", and ben must be 6' something (going by the top pic, i'd say 6'3" ish)

yet she does look a lot shorter in OTG.

wonder if cam's wearing heels
                Just popping in here to say that Ben is 6'1" so he's fairly tall. But I wouldn't go by those scenes when they're outdoors because the ground is most likely very uneven. In that pic from OTG where the four of them are walking down the road, Ben looks smaller than Amanda, even. He was probably walking on a low spot. And if one person is standing up straight and another slouching or has shifted their weight to one hip, it can really make people look shorter than they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  Just popping in here to say that Ben is 6'1" so he's fairly tall. But I wouldn't go by those scenes when they're outdoors because the ground is most likely very uneven. In that pic from OTG where the four of them are walking down the road, Ben looks smaller than Amanda, even. He was probably walking on a low spot. And if one person is standing up straight and another slouching or has shifted their weight to one hip, it can really make people look shorter than they are.
                  Yea, but wearing heels makes it sound sooo much better
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A sad note...

I have now officially lost all of my "Stargate" conversation buddies IRL (with the occasional exception of Annunaki). There used to be seven of us. Four at the studio and three friends who kept up. But the others have all decided over the past few months, at different times, that they no longer enjoy the series, and now no longer watch. It's just me left. *sob*

I hate to admit it, but I think the only reason I'm still here is because of the people in this thread, too! I was telling Myrth last night on MSN that I'm not really much of an online fan (she says after 800+ posts in the SAmanda thread at Gatworld *cough*cough*) but there's somethin' very special about this place and the people here that keeps me coming back to play. I have to tell you guys, it's all of you. Because as much as I think AT is a great talent and as much as I enjoy the Carter character in general (regardless of this year's storylines), if I hadn't been playing in this sandbox with ya'll, I'd have been gone as a viewer a long while ago too.

Bittersweet realization, huh?

mini(still sad to have lost her "RL" SG-1 conversation buddies)geek
                    Sadly, I believe these sentiments could be said for many of us MG.
                    ({big hug})

Comment

Hey ChopinGal... the Samanda motto has jumped into history in the modern middle ages. Check out the writing on the pavillion in the third picture.

http://homepage.mac.com/wolfpaws/axe...toAlbum45.html

(I love it when my hobbies all come together. )

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Hey ChopinGal... the Samanda motto has jumped into history in the modern middle ages. Check out the writing on the pavillion in the third picture.

LoL, that's great Strix. Is this something you had made? Or was it just a coincidence that you came acrossed it? Too cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

What? "Kindness reigns here" on a battlefield tent? Is it the medtent? Oh and it's the axeman's pictures?!!! MMmmmm we have got the right translation haven't we?!!

Nice one Strix!!

Comment

My 1. SAM pic
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              What? "Kindness reigns here" on a battlefield tent? Is it the medtent? Oh and it's the axeman's pictures?!!! MMmmmm we have got the right translation haven't we?!!

Nice one Strix!!
                              My thoughts exactly! But well done Strix on finding that!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                LoL, that's great Strix. Is this something you had made? Or was it just a coincidence that you came acrossed it? Too cool!
                                My local SCA group recently made two pavillions for the group, named Honor and Glory. I suggested Hic Comitas Regit as one of the sayings for Honor. The group liked it, so...

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X