• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Well Historian, just put the heels on and we can both pose as Janet
    Oh, how much I wish I could be worth that
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
      Hey Starprops,

Welcome to Samanda.

Interesting post, and normally I would say that's what's going on, except for the fact that on Battlestar Galactica, when Lee/Kara got into a fight, it was a fistfight, and Lee literally punched Kara (and it was shown on US TV).

Maybe it's not the US TV factor, as much as the time the show airs. After all SG-1 airs in the supposed "family" time slot, whereas BSG airs in the "adult" time slot.
      I think you're right - It has to be the time they show it - there's a big difference in the age factor if a show is on at 10pm, as opposed to 8pm...

starprops

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        If it's really this, isn't it sad ? It would mean that they started writing and directing the episodes without even knowing who Cam really is, without giving him a definite personality. Maybe they were going for giving him some character traits as the season was going on.
        I don't remember what time of the year it was when we learned that SG1's fourth was going to be Lieutenant colonel Mitchell. Do you think there's a slight possibility that Cam was written first as Major Mitchell (that's how he behaves most of the time) and that they made some last minute changes in the scripts to make him act accordingly to the new status ? Is there a possibility that they could change some lines, even some scenes but not all the plot hence Cam being the idiot of the week sometimes ? I really wonder.
        i seem to recall him being a major at first, then it was changed when, i'm guessing, the scifi folks said 'dude, our new male lead can't be SUBORDINATE to a woman *gasp*' so he was made a lt colonel

he does act more juvenile and junior officer than he does a leader

ok, so if they did change his from major to lt colonel at the 'last minute' that doesn't explain OTG

we're 3/4 the way through the season. i could deal with it in the first few eps, maybe eventhe first half. but these eps were likely taped after thier mid season break and in july/aug/sept or so of 2005. so they had PLENTY of time to tweak major behavior to LT col behaviore

and if he was written as a major in this, then why the heck was he telling sam what to do and why the heck wasn't she reaming his cute little butt for beiing, well such a butt
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i seem to recall him being a major at first, then it was changed when, i'm guessing, the scifi folks said 'dude, our new male lead can't be SUBORDINATE to a woman *gasp*' so he was made a lt colonel

he does act more juvenile and junior officer than he does a leader

ok, so if they did change his from major to lt colonel at the 'last minute' that doesn't explain OTG

we're 3/4 the way through the season. i could deal with it in the first few eps, maybe eventhe first half. but these eps were likely taped after thier mid season break and in july/aug/sept or so of 2005. so they had PLENTY of time to tweak major behavior to LT col behaviore

and if he was written as a major in this, then why the heck was he telling sam what to do and why the heck wasn't she reaming his cute little butt for beiing, well such a butt
          Guy seemed far more respectable and military like in the first 4 eps (though we didnt see too much of him) then he does now. So I dont see that "he was ment to be a junior" officier to be an excuse.

Unless they wrote him respectable because if he was a junior officer. I mean if he was a junior officer acting like this Carter would slap him down so fast his head would spin. But now hes a senior officer so the writers think he can get away with acting like a putz.

Carter is a senior officer, everything in her actions and demenor this year have proven it.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            For those interested this is the final in the Shades of Sam series... now what am I doin for my next series [ponders...]

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...adespurple.jpg
            Nice, Myrth! Does it come in 1920 x 1200?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav

Yes i am shiper but is SAM
              Another unique treatment ... you must be a painter or artist because you have a wonderful feel for the colour and composition! Thanks!

Comment

A sad note...

I have now officially lost all of my "Stargate" conversation buddies IRL (with the occasional exception of Annunaki). There used to be seven of us. Four at the studio and three friends who kept up. But the others have all decided over the past few months, at different times, that they no longer enjoy the series, and now no longer watch. It's just me left. *sob*

I hate to admit it, but I think the only reason I'm still here is because of the people in this thread, too! I was telling Myrth last night on MSN that I'm not really much of an online fan (she says after 800+ posts in the SAmanda thread at Gatworld *cough*cough*) but there's somethin' very special about this place and the people here that keeps me coming back to play. I have to tell you guys, it's all of you. Because as much as I think AT is a great talent and as much as I enjoy the Carter character in general (regardless of this year's storylines), if I hadn't been playing in this sandbox with ya'll, I'd have been gone as a viewer a long while ago too.

Bittersweet realization, huh?

mini(still sad to have lost her "RL" SG-1 conversation buddies)geek

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  I only remember that because I'm also 5'9, otherwise I'd never recall any of that trivial stuff.
                  5'9?!! You're not mini at all!

Happy belated birthday, Sky!

My LJ

Comment

I only remember that because I'm also 5'9 ... My (boyfriend - I hate that term) is 6'3, and standing side by side with me, he looks about as much taller than me as Cam does with Sam in that picture, so if it's height we're looking at, I think there must be something rigged there somehow. Even if it's just uneven ground. Are they on the grass?
                    Cam may be standing on his gun ...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      5'9?!! You're not mini at all!
                      Nope! Hey, who said our nicks had to actually be descriptive?! Well, the geek part is true, though. I guess minigeek just sounded a little better than gianthonkinamazongeek.

AHEM???

Comment

A sad note...

I have now officially lost all of my "Stargate" conversation buddies IRL (with the occasional exception of Annunaki). There used to be seven of us. Four at the studio and three friends who kept up. But the others have all decided over the past few months, at different times, that they no longer enjoy the series, and now no longer watch. It's just me left. *sob*

I hate to admit it, but I think the only reason I'm still here is because of the people in this thread, too! I was telling Myrth last night on MSN that I'm not really much of an online fan (she says after 800+ posts in the SAmanda thread at Gatworld *cough*cough*) but there's somethin' very special about this place and the people here that keeps me coming back to play. I have to tell you guys, it's all of you. Because as much as I think AT is a great talent and as much as I enjoy the Carter character in general (regardless of this year's storylines), if I hadn't been playing in this sandbox with ya'll, I'd have been gone as a viewer a long while ago too.

Aw shucks, mini, thanks for the lovely compliment! It's not fun playing alone ... glad you found us!

And sorry to hear about the old Stargate friends ... I wonder how many original fans are still viewing the show, considering some of the concerns we've already expressed here in Samanda?
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 February 2006, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Nope! Hey, who said our nicks had to actually be descriptive?! Well, the geek part is true, though. I guess minigeek just sounded a little better than gianthonkinamazongeek.

AHEM???
                          Okaaaaay, point taken...

But I kinda like gianthonkinamazongeek!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Okaaaaay, point taken...

But I kinda like gianthonkinamazongeek!
                            LOL, well, that can be my unofficial Samandan name then.

What the heck can I shorten that into? Maybe I should just go with "geek" and leave well enough alone!

Comment

A sad note...

My group is still coming over on Friday nights when I'm home, but we have discussed the fact that we are really only watching SG-1 out of habit, not because we are particularly looking forward to the show. It is kind of sad when everyone in the room is rooting for the bad guys to kill the lead character. We're creating our own fun because the show just isn't doing it for us.

I've belonged to several yahoo groups for a long time, but I've never been involved on a forum before, and it is definitely the people on this thread that keep me coming back. Cool folks here... and I'm looking forward to meeting many in person at GABIT.

My LJ

Comment

I never used to have gate buddies. No one liked the show cos there wasn't enough skin and cleavage. They all watched BSG, Farscape and Enterprise. All of a sudden, Season Nine came along and I have a clan of Gate Buddies. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X