Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Kat has informed and tortured me.
      Do you have a vcr? Because I think you'll be wearing out the tape
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        This is what I don't understand ... and who writes the mission reports? Isn't Landry becoming a bit concerned or is he just clueless also?

CPR is needed - Cam Professional Resuscitation! Send the guy to some leadership training courses!
        He probably only reads 1 of the reports, the one where Cam tell him what a wonderful job he did, and how his team loves and respects him. (You know like what the writers want us to believe. Someone has to believe it.)
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I was bored with tonight's episode. I don't have anything additional to add because everybody has already stated it for me. I do have one question: Was
          Spoiler:
          Mitchell talking to his gun a sendup of Farscape?
          Spoiler:
          At the very end, when he was standing there looking at it, I was afraid that he'd call it Winona, the name of his gun in FS.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Do you have a vcr? Because I think you'll be wearing out the tape
            My mum will tape it on VCR on tuesday. The problem is that I don't have a VCR machine here in Southampton. However.... it may be worth investing.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              Spoiler:
              I won't be too pessimistic on this thread, but can I just say WOW==I don't think they could write Mitchell any worse than they are! I feel like how Daniel and Sam reacted to him throughout the episode---trying to be tolerant of him, putting up with him. IMO, the way Mitchell is being written (not BB) is ruining the show! I think this is really true! He is just not believable or credible of being leader of SG-1. He's cocky and obnoxious. It is embarrassing. I'll stop now. The good news--Sam saved the day--she was level-headed, competent, and got the job down. Daniel's and Sam's reaction to Mitchell in the last scene was great.
              couldn't have said it better. i really hope they're writing cam bad on purpose.
              Spoiler:
              u could really see the 'why on earth do we tolderate this guy' vibe when [damnit, i can't find a transcript]...well they're sitting around the briefing room table and cam says something stupid and daniel responds (totally deadpan) "no".
              sam and daniel cut him down like that all the time, just makes me think they wouldn't be so cutting with JACK
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Reminder for the resident shippers....

Comment

Hmm? I was wondering when CB's baby is due? Because if it's soon, like when filming starts, does that mean Amanda will be filling in for her, like she did for AT. Which also means ML, and with MS taking time off for the birth of his baby, that will leave a lot of the show to AT, CJ and BB.

What will the writers do without their Daniel and Vala hour? Maybe have to go back and write good shows? I just wonder if they are going to be dressing Sam like Vala?
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm? I was wondering when CB's baby is due? Because if it's soon, like when filming starts, does that mean Amanda will be filling in for her, like she did for AT. Which also means ML, and with MS taking time off for the birth of his baby, that will leave a lot of the show to AT, CJ and BB.

What will the writers do without their Daniel and Vala hour? Maybe have to go back and write good shows? I just wonder if they are going to be dressing Sam like Vala?
                    Would it be entirely inappropriate to say "yes please" at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      Spoiler:
                      i agree. ok, so he did 'redeem' himself in the end, trying to keep them from getting killed

however, if he had just stuck to the outline of the missino in the first place, you know, flying under the radar, none of it would have had to happen.

cam, in this episode, came off like an adrenaline junkie desperately, desperately in need of a fix. so desperate that he'll skirt the edges of the orders and rules to get his way

so not a good way to portray the guy i'm supposed to see as the new and better leader of the team
                      Right. I couldn't help but think that in the old days, sure they got into trouble and got captured all the time, but not from *stupidity.*
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam was level headed, tough (though we didn't see the whumping, we saw the results) (despite continuity issues with the blood), and saved the day in the end. There were some fun moments, but overall I kept thinking Sam was probably thinking "I gave up being in charge of Area 51 research for lame missions like this? and when they were about to be killed "I can't believe I'm going to die b/c of that idiot Cam." I'd really love to see her ream him out post mission. But you know, TPTB seem to think being hot headed to the point of idiocy is an *attractive* quality, so you know it won't happen.
                      On a more superficial note, AT got to show that she's "got it" in the eye candy department, so they don't need to bring on anyone new to cover that perceived need. And the outfit looked convenient for breastfeeding.
                      On other notes: I'm noticing the General gets a lot more to do than Hammond did--probably b/c he's a big name. He was ok in the episode, but I still miss Hammond.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        couldn't have said it better. i really hope they're writing cam bad on purpose.
                        Spoiler:
                        u could really see the 'why on earth do we tolderate this guy' vibe when [damnit, i can't find a transcript]...well they're sitting around the briefing room table and cam says something stupid and daniel responds (totally deadpan) "no".
                        sam and daniel cut him down like that all the time, just makes me think they wouldn't be so cutting with JACK
                        Well, as exasperated as they might become with Jack's attitude, I think they both respected his competence.

Comment

Hey everyone!!!!!!!!

Broke down and dl'ed OTG last nite (Realized I'm not going to be home when it airs, so I HAD to DL! Yes, I had to *sigh* poor me)

Spoiler:
                          Ok, first of all of course I have to say Amanda was DANG hot in that crazy Hero!Cape outfit… I mean… SOOO COOL!!!!!!! *spent way to much of childhood playing RPG’s* She was wearing a bloody CAPE FCOL! I mean… Sam.. in Cape! And crazy studded arm things! Etc.etc.etc. Sooo cool

Ok Cam… right from the beginning I knew his “storyline” of the ep would be horrid (to me) “I’m teh SHAFT, ooh, I can be a big bad druggie cause I’m that cool” was the vibe I got. Thank goodness the real Sg1!Three recognized his blatant disregard of “staying under the radar” from the beginning. I admit I thought the Mary Poppins comment was most amusing, but Sam soo should have smacked him! She could kick his butt as a drug dealer anyday, lol. Although I must admit watching Sound of Music the other day Julie Andrews reminded me SO much of Amanda at some parts... all gorgeous blonde and smart and at some times soo giddy, with instances almost exactly mirroring things i've seen Amanda do... but anywho, that's prolly just me...

Bugged me how when they were all tied up getting smacked around that they showed everyone getting smushed except Sam… Come on, lets get some whuuump! Yeah we got bloody face and stuff, but still…

When they were running all away and Sam’s like “what’d you say to them!” and Cam’s just like “obviously it didn’t go so well!” well DUH! But you’re not “shaft” enough to even say?? Psht. At least he admitted his wrong’ness! Also bugged me how he just keeps taunting the enemy etc. like Jack would do… SOOO many of his mannerisms are trying to mirror Jack’s and it just hurts… *sniff*

I totally loved Landry in this ep… My respect for him has grown greatly!!! I loved his interactions with Neerus, and seeing the General in Camo. Woooh.

Very very glad to see Ba’al again, I totally love that guy. He had a great outfit in this ep, lol. Funny how we seem to have been simply mentioning the Ori lately and seeing only Ba’al…

Some AWESOME trigger!Happiness by Teal’c on Ba’als ship… MAN I LOVE THAT GUY! I wish it had been Sam going gun!crazy instead of Cam… but she still got some good kick a$$ stuff. And of course she ended up saving all their butts once again!!!

When they got beamed up to the ship, Cam was all giddy! I mean, FCOL dude do you not realize you all were just about to die? It's not a joke!!! He doesn't have to be huge and boisterous ALL the time!! *shakes head* Sam seemed VERY happy to have othre people round, and a nice big ship to get away from Cam in
                          At the very end, where Cam’s all gooey over his gun? Oi. Oi oi oi. How about you just go and make your own little trigger!Happy team!? He IS in the military, you HAVE used big guns many times… get over it! Just seemed somewhat immature too me, I mean… get over yourself!

All in all, minus Cam I thought it was a great ep with some very fun Sam stuff, could have been better, but alas no Jack hasn’t come back yet 

and I LOVE all the screen caption things so far <g> Where are these pics coming from??

MSam
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav

nice!
                            Why does it have to be you! I wanted Jack to see me in this outfit.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Why does it have to be you! I wanted Jack to see me in this outfit.

"Oh well, at least he'll get to see me in it next week on our little trip "
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                Spoiler:

At the very end, where Cam’s all gooey over his gun? Oi. Oi oi oi. How about you just go and make your own little trigger!Happy team!? He IS in the military, you HAVE used big guns many times… get over it! Just seemed somewhat immature too me, I mean… get over yourself!

All in all, minus Cam I thought it was a great ep with some very fun Sam stuff, could have been better, but alas no Jack hasn’t come back yet 

MSam
                                Well MSam, you know how guys like to equate big gus too....
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X