No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bored with tonight's episode. I don't have anything additional to add because everybody has already stated it for me. I do have one question: Was
    Spoiler:
    Mitchell talking to his gun a sendup of Farscape?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Well, I know we're supposed to keep the negativity to a manageable level ... so maybe I'll just concentrate on some of the better moments tonight ...
      Spoiler:
      I really enjoyed seeing Ba'al in his flowing robes along with the little fat Nero dude ... I like that guy! The two of them working together has potential. Come on, we know they escaped! Ba'al has more lives than a cat and more clones too! Forget the Lucian Alliance backstory and those asinine Priors - Cliff Simon is elegantly sinister as Ba'al!

Okay, I have to say something: once again, Cam opens his mouth and jeopardizes the entire mission and team. This is getting to be so trite and tiresome. Is it me, or does Sam seem annoyed too by his actions? Especially at the very end, she couldn't wait to "take a shower" and strut off while he rambled on ... embarrassingly so. If the writers think this is funny, then they've deluded themselves. All it does is show more and more that he's not leadership material.
      Spoiler:

yeah, i agree. both sam and daniel seem more than a little sick and tired of cam snarking off and behaving irresponsibly.

i get this 'i'm stuck with my neighbor's annoying kid brother' feeling from both of them

cameron seriously needs to grow up if they want him to be seen as a good leader.

sam displayed a TON of leadership as opposed to cam who seemed to just be seeking out his next adrenaline fix
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        not only that but watch close. some of the blood vanishes too

not only does it reorient folks, it cleans and sanitizes too

LOL! That's the first thing I noticed too, that what was once there, was gone in a split second. I can't believe TPTB missed that. Sam was looking very....????? in this episode. Me thinks Vala is rubbing off on her

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I was bored with tonight's episode. I don't have anything additional to add because everybody has already stated it for me. I do have one question: Was
          Spoiler:
          Mitchell talking to his gun a sendup of Farscape?
          i think so. i never really watched it but i seem to recall folks saying that crichton talked to his gun

sigpic

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/SamZat.jpg

"If you want something done right, FCOL, put a woman in charge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
              LOL! That's the first thing I noticed too, that what was once there, was gone in a split second. I can't believe TPTB missed that. Sam was looking very....????? in this episode. Me thinks Vala is rubbing off on her
              and i'd swear it combs her hair too

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Skydiver!
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Seeing as I have been so negative over the past few weeks, I thought I'd hold off on any negative comments tonight and give you the top five things I enjoyed about tonight's episode Off the Grid.

Spoiler:

1. Sam saved the day!!!
                  2. Sam saved the day!!!
                  3. Sam saved the day!!!
                  4. Sam saved the day!!!
                  5. Sam saved the day!!!

Corin Nemec will be at Shore Leave?? Where have I been!!! Yippee!!

Comment

k, just finished watching 'off the grid'

Spoiler:
                    bleh

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

It's officially after midnight here so now I can say,

H A P P Y BIRTHDAY DENISE !!

Comment

I think Off the Grid was another good Carter ep. Most of the eps this year that Carter has been in have been pretty good to her. She always looks competant and professional and in charge.

So as much as they keep telling us that BB is the star and the lead all I keep seeing is AT stepping up and playing a really great character while BB is stuck with absolute drek.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Off The Grid was'nt bad. BB"s character was getting on my nerves a bit. He's trying to the win enemie's attention away from the rest of the team just as Jack did, and taking the brunt of the punishment..just as Jack did.. He isn't Jack by a longgggg shot and I wish they'd stop with the "It worked before" mentality and come up with something new for the poor guy.
                          I loved seeing Sam's intelligence kick into high gear
                          Spoiler:
                          and save the day again.

Comment

Well it stands to reason Sam would be the one who saves the day, if you ask me, that's just yet another in a loooong list of reasons she really really needs to be the leader of SG-1. No more of this ambiguity crap. It never made sense to begin with, and lately it's just gotten - ridiculous, imho. Even the storylines themselves have been suggesting that's true.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

A-freakin-men Mini. I was just saying the same thing to 3 different people in 3 different chats.

Amanda can carry this show in Rick's absence - the right way, let her for cryin out loud!

I'd rather be watching a show using it's eight years of development as a focus for rich story telling, rather than a quick fix solution based on big names and imports from other cancelled shows.

SG-1 has never been a "name" show, much of which evidently came from Rick, but that's what's made it great imho... the focus was pushed to be about the quality of the stories, not about the names in them. :sigh:

Mitchell is just boring and irritating. He'll never replace Jack and it's a bad idea to even try if you ask me.

On the plus side.. the eye candy alone from this ep will keep me happy for now... like s9 in general... I'm in shallow water

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Well it stands to reason Sam would be the one who saves the day, if you ask me, that's just yet another in a loooong list of reasons she really really needs to be the leader of SG-1. No more of this ambiguity crap. It never made sense to begin with, and lately it's just gotten - ridiculous, imho. Even the storylines themselves have been suggesting that's true.
                              Last edited by Myrth; 10 February 2006, 08:48 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                hands sal a pen and paper

go for it sugar
                                me? NO WAY! unless you want it to suddenly turn into a sam/jack smut fest

okay, i'm lazy.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X