Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    And wow Mandy... That's harsh!
    Ah, just having a little fun
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Ah, just having a little fun
      Hehe, well I'm not a fan of character death, so just make sure you put a helmet on Cameron when you're having fun. And keep a sarc close by.

Comment

I'd have liked him so much more if he'd been Major Mitchell, fourth member of SG-1, ready to learn from the three most experienced SGC members. He'd be nice on the team, just not calling the shots over Sam, Teal'c and Daniel (and certainly not over the whole base; Sam's not even ready for that kinda responsibity yet!).
        I think I'd be a tad bit happier with the show if that had occurred. The writers immediately wanted to drop him in, make him a hero. They really didn't even think of the possibility. Instead, they plopped him into the command role, and then twisted it to be the Daniel/Vala hour. All so that Cam could come out smelling sweet when he "Got the Band back together" - a term I never intend to use again.

I agree with Tame in her blog - we need fresh writers. Or end the series and jump to movies and/or straight-to-DVD releases.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          Instead, they plopped him into the command role, and then twisted it to be the Daniel/Vala hour. All so that Cam could come out smelling sweet when he "Got the Band back together" - a term I never intend to use again.
          Oy. Yeah, that was all messed up, right on down to the incessant chumminess between Sam and Cameron. All of it has been a deliberate attempt to make Cameron likeable. And Cameron WOULD HAVE BEEN likeable (in fact, I liked him OK prior to bits of Collateral Damage and the latter half of Stronghold) if they hadn't shoved it down our throats. That was their mistake. And I feel bad, because Cameron, like Vala, could've been a really nice character for a good portion of the fanbase. But their approach to these characters is all wrong, imo.

I agree with Tame in her blog - we need fresh writers. Or end the series and jump to movies and/or straight-to-DVD releases.
          See, I have slight issues with that. If they get fresh writers, does that mean that Sci Fi will have any hand in picking them? If so, I'd rather stick with the originals. They're the ones who helped make the show a hit, and no matter what, I'd rather their odd approach to the show now, than Sci Fi taking over the helm with their own groomed, yes-sir writers on staff. That would be the end for me. And I doubt very highly that it'd bare ANY resemblance to the show we all fell in love with.

I shudder to think... It only takes one Sci Fi-hired writer to throw everything out of whack.

Comment

I shudder to think... It only takes one Sci Fi-hired writer to throw everything out of whack.
            Have you seen any of the Sci-Fi original movies? Writers like that would make everyone shudder
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Have you seen any of the Sci-Fi original movies? Writers like that would make everyone shudder
              I wonder if those kinda of jobs are entry-level positions, or if they actually expect people to have worked in the industry before they hire them.

Comment

I wonder if those kinda of jobs are entry-level positions, or if they actually expect people to have worked in the industry before they hire them.
                Actually I think they are the 14 year old sons of the executives
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ooooh. Ladies. We are catty today! Sorry for my absence, but I was catching up on my daily dose of smut fic.

sueKay from Stargate Intel has just made tons of avatars in Gateworld size, for those with 2000+ posts. There are loads of shippy ones, and about 40 Sam ones (I think they start on about the third page it). The link is here
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    would you rather have sam --

a - lead sg1

b - lead the sgc (in the future)

c - be 2IC of the sgc (now)

d - command the beta site

e - command another team

f - ?

sally
                    A
                    B
                    C
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm glad these guys hesitate to do anything that may result in the others' death. I'm sorry, but if they were all business, all the time, I don't think I'd be able to buy into the fact that these four characters are like family, with a bond that no one but them can truly understand.
                      I totally agree with you. I wasn't saying that I didn't want the four characters to care for one another. That is what I love about the show. What I'm trying to state, rather poorly, is that bond that they share is also a detriment at times. Yes, Jack hestitated when Sam and Daniel were on the rogue vessel in Endgame and yes he did eventually make the decision to fire upon the ship. However, due to his delay, the other ship was allowed to escape. Granted, the ship was merely an object, and the loss of a possession can not compare with the loss of a human life. However, in Ethon,
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam and Mitchell had to make a similiar decision and their hestitation caused more than the destruction of the Prometheus, it was directly responsible for the lose of thirty other lives aboard the ship.

I'm not saying I want things to change on the show, I'm just believe that SG-1's deep bond with one another has been both a blessing and a hindrance at times.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 February 2006, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Catty? I wouldn't say I'm catty
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oy. Yeah, that was all messed up, right on down to the incessant chumminess between Sam and Cameron. All of it has been a deliberate attempt to make Cameron likeable. And Cameron WOULD HAVE BEEN likeable (in fact, I liked him OK prior to bits of Collateral Damage and the latter half of Stronghold) if they hadn't shoved it down our throats. That was their mistake. And I feel bad, because Cameron, like Vala, could've been a really nice character for a good portion of the fanbase. But their approach to these characters is all wrong, imo.
                          Yes, they could have tried writing him, oh I don't know, a personality?

Comment

Time for an upbeat post. It's a new episode tonight and SAM's in it! We can only hope *a lot.* and in a way that features her well.
                            Sam Rocks!

Comment

Only 22 minutes
                              until
                              OFF THE GRID!

Comment

Now, I know I'm a little ahead of most of you guys, but according to my watch, the Bar needs opening for a celebration....

Happy Birthday
                                Skydiver

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X