Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    You and Mandy are outta control! An interesting option to Jack's sidearm!
    course, he might get more accomplished with a screw driver
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Shippers! Did someone say there were shippers around here
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
        i love

hi kallesta!!!!

sigpic

Comment

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
          i love

Hi Kallesta!!
          sigpic

Comment

i think how sam expresses her emotions depends on which sam we're talking about. early sam or late sam

early sam is rather repressed. she's had to work hard to get where she is and, i think, puts her career first. i think she was also shaken by jonas H and kinda swore off men for a while.

then came jolinar and she spent time just dealing with and handling that

s4-5 sam tried to confront her emotions...then realized that she could either do what needed to be done, taking care of the goa'uld, or deal with her emotions...and she chose the job

and i think she kinda fell into limbo for a while, it was easier to keep status quo than to actually deal with and risk losing jack's friendship

but after jacob i think she realized that life's too short. I think she's also at a place in her career that she can set time aside...and i think her biological clock is ticking too and, well she as a character doesn't have much time left for a family if she wants one

i do think, without prying too much, that sam's attitude change reflects AT's to a degree. it was 10 years ago when she started the show and there was plenty of time for a family, once the show was settled, once the show was over, once one more season was over, if the show's over....screw it, we're trying now and they can get over it

i think as at's confidence in her place in the show grew she chose to say 'ok, i'm taking time off and my career can just wait'

and i think it's a decision that sam will make eventually

sigpic

Comment

I was writing to Coley tonight off-thread and we were discussing AT returning for the beginning of S10 (sometime this month, right?) ... I mentioned that I thought she's in a much better place now (emotionally and physically) than she was when she returned to the set after her MLA. She shared at GABIT that it was a very vulnerable time for her and how she needed to ease herself back into the group.

Look at the difference a year can bring: she now returns, looking better than ever - her pre-preggers figure back, Olivia almost a toddler, memories of the GABIT weekend which must have boosted her spirits too. And, from what I've seen of the past couple S9 episodes, she seemed to have found her groove once again onscreen. She seemed more relaxed and in control as she went into the final weeks of filming that season. It's fun to watch her.

Now, instead of being the "new momma" on the set, Amanda is the one female who's ready to take on the new season. CB has had or about to have her own baby; Lexa is giving birth at end of March. So, I had this wild idea. Let me run with it. If I were one of the writers, I would take this opportunity of the interrupted flow of estrogen on set to bring back Janet!
              Spoiler:
              I would build on the back story created for Ripple Effect. Janet returns to her world with the cure for the Ori plague. When she gets there, she finds that all her nearest and dearest (Sam, Daniel, T, Cassie, etc.) had succumbed to the plague as most of the population ... she is broken hearted but manages to activate the cure and save the rest. However, her heart is no longer in staying in her world and she finds a way to dial back to the SGC and ask Landry if she could seek residence there. He welcomes her and offers her placement in the infirmary since Dr. Lam is on leave (Lexa having her baby). Then Cassie returns and they are reunited ... well, they both know that it's not really them but both miss the other so much that they are drawn to one another. Sam, Daniel and T have some touching scenes with both of them.

Just wishful thinking I guess but how great would that be!
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 February 2006, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Opinion shared by me, of course!

I think my big hope now is that RDA and AT will end up doing another series together--one where the situation would be different from the start. I watched the video that went with his MasterCard commercial, and he said he had been approached by all three networks about new projects, but hadn't found one yet. I know we've talked about this before, but wouldn't they be great in a McMillan & Wife type show??????
                oh my god, YES!

i'd also love to see them in a 'medium' type show. or x-files type situation.

in a movie, either comedy or drama. but in a tv show, i'd prefer drama. (don't think there's a lot of GOOD comedy writers left on tv these days...)

i'm a fan of the show 'house', and i said to my mom that i thought rda would have been great for the lead character (house).

oh, for amanda (and the rest of us non out-of-this-world peeps )... see the movie 'curtain call', with james spader, michael caine, and maggie smith. a sweet and endearing love story. won't give anything else away.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

hi i am Kallesta

is cool
                  i love

Hi, Kallesta!!

--> salutes Kallesta because she's soooooo wonderful!

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i think how sam expresses her emotions depends on which sam we're talking about. early sam or late sam

early sam is rather repressed. she's had to work hard to get where she is and, i think, puts her career first. i think she was also shaken by jonas H and kinda swore off men for a while.

s4-5 sam tried to confront her emotions...then realized that she could either do what needed to be done, taking care of the goa'uld, or deal with her emotions...and she chose the job

and i think she kinda fell into limbo for a while, it was easier to keep status quo than to actually deal with and risk losing jack's friendship

but after jacob i think she realized that life's too short. I think she's also at a place in her career that she can set time aside...and i think her biological clock is ticking too and, well she as a character doesn't have much time left for a family if she wants one

i do think, without prying too much, that sam's attitude change reflects AT's to a degree. it was 10 years ago when she started the show and there was plenty of time for a family, once the show was settled, once the show was over, once one more season was over, if the show's over....screw it, we're trying now and they can get over it

i think as at's confidence in her place in the show grew she chose to say 'ok, i'm taking time off and my career can just wait'

Hey there ... do you have a degree in psychology? I think you've give an astute assessment! Art imitating life ... let's see if it happens.

Comment

Sally, Mini and the other shippers will be happy to know that unlike her mother Kallesta says that Sam and Jack love each other very much and should get married very very VERY soon.

tell her i said 'yay!' , and give her a hug from me, okay?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Now, instead of being the "new momma" on the set, Amanda is the one female who's ready to take on the new season. CB has had or about to have her own baby; Lexa is giving birth at end of March. So, I had this wild idea. Let me run with it. If I were one of the writers, I would take this opportunity of the interrupted flow of estrogen on set to bring back Janet!
                        Spoiler:
                        I would build on the back story created for Ripple Effect. Janet returns to her world with the cure for the Ori plague. When she gets there, she finds that all her nearest and dearest (Sam, Daniel, T, Cassie, etc.) had succumbed to the plague as most of the population ... she is broken hearted but manages to activate the cure and save the rest. However, her heart is no longer in staying in her world and she finds a way to dial back to the SGC and ask Landry if she could seek residence there. He welcomes her and offers her placement in the infirmary since Dr. Lam is on leave (Lexa having her baby). Then Cassie returns and they are reunited ... well, they both know that it's not really them but both miss the other so much that they are drawn to one another. Sam. Daniel and T have some touching scenes with both of them.

Just wishful thinking I guess but how great would that be!
                        Great idea, now to just get it to the writers
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Shippers! Did someone say there were shippers around here

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

i have a wallpaper to show you guys (and a question concerning it). it's shippy in nature, but that's not the point of my question.

here's the link for it: http://stargate-sg1.hu/thalassa/disp...?album=6&pos=7

my question: what ep that sam pic from?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

wonderful post!

i think you're right. and i hope IF it's done with sam, it'll be with jack as her mate. as much as i'd love to see this side of sam, i wouldn't be able to 'enjoy' it with anyone but jack being her second.

if they did this story with a sam/other... i'd quit. seriously.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i have a wallpaper to show you guys (and a question concerning it). it's shippy in nature, but that's not the point of my question.

here's the link for it: http://stargate-sg1.hu/thalassa/disp...?album=6&pos=7

my question: what ep that sam pic from?

sally
                                I think it's from S5's The Tomb, I know she wore that hat in that one
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X