Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Great post, Deejay!

And I see that your intrapersonal intelligence was operating when you got those high scores online!
    Or my inherent cheapness. I bet that's what it was.

Comment

I love a man who's good with his hands!!
      CG I was soooo going to say that! LOL I was good though. I held it inside. Didn't post. And now... now I got nothin'.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Unfortunately, with anglophone Canadians I have absolutely no hope of distinguishing them from Americans (sorry people). One of the guys at uni insists it's easy, that all Canadians say things like aboot instead of about, and that MS does it. Well, I've never noticed MS do that. And to me, aboot sounds Scottish.

However, I can distinguish a francophone Canadian (Quebecois) from someone from l'Hexagonie (France) very easily.
        I used to have such an ear for accents. I was always good at picking out what part of the country people were from, or even what part of Ohio (those folks in southern Ohio have SUCH an accent. ). When I studied abroad in college I learned to tell what part of England people were from, and certainly distinguish Welsh from English from Scottish from Australian from New Zeland accents. (Which came in very handy for me in grad school, put me on good terms with the cutest man in our department, he was so sick of people asking if he was from England that I really got his attention by asking "You're from Wales, aren't you?" Ah....he was adorable. The love of my life. Sadly, he was already engaged, and just a pipe dream. But he was a very nice friend, anyway.

I think like speaking languages, this ear for accents is lost over time. God knows I would never be that gifted now. Okay, now I'm sad.

Comment

This is for you Sally

Scene opens in a dark room with the telephone ringing.

'Damn it's 2 in the morning.' A bare arm reaches for the phone "Carter"

"Sorry to disturb you Col. Carter, but there seems to be a problem with the gate." Harriman said apolagetically.

"Isn't there anyone there that can handle it?" Sam said a little annoyed.

"Sorry Ma'am but there's no one else on base that can handle the problem." Harriman said nervously.

"Okay I'll be in as soon as I can" Sam said hanging up the phone.

"Don't tell me you have to go in now?" Jack said pulling the covers up a liitle higher over his bare chest.

"Sorry Jack, but duty calls. You know how it is." Sam said sitting up at the edge of the bed.

Jack watched Sam get out of bed and enjoyed the view, he may be seeing her this way more often, but he would never get tired of it. "You know Sam, it may have taken 8 years but finding that mole was worth the wait."
          Last edited by Mandysg1; 07 February 2006, 08:05 PM.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Is anyone from here going to the Creation Convention in Vancouver??? Amanda's going to be there too! *is unbelievably psyched that I finally get to go to a con again, and that Amanda will be there*

Yup - I will be there again this year. ForeverSg1 is also going. Just purchased my Thor photo op ticket today.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              I dunno, Sal, I don't think Sam and Jack can do "romance". IMHO, it's just not... them. Hearts and flowers, wedding dresses and vows... I just don't see it with those two. Their relationship would be quirky and understated; intense, with a wry sense of humor and just enough galactic mishap to make things awkwardly endearing. The payoff (for me) would be in the moments surrounding their acknowledgement, not the acknowledgement itself, which is why I think a wedding on the show would be OTT (again, just mho). I'm all for a hot little make-out scene at some point, hey, that could be fun. And I agree, they crossed a line in Chimera, so an eye for an eye! But... as a general rule, understatement and innuendo, with a liberal dose of humor - that's how I'd want to see my Sam and Jack canon-ized.

mini
              Happy sigh. Me too. I love subtlety in a TV 'ship. (Heck, my only other TV ship has been Sara and Grissom on CSI, and if you think Sam and Jack are subtle, you should see the esoteric nature of /that/ relationship! It makes Sam and Jack seem bold and overstated sometimes. )

I want, I guess, to have to work at enjoying a 'ship. That sounds sick, I know. I want to have to dig, to have to analyze, to think about it. That's why this season has so delighted me. I'm with you Mini, I'm SO sure they're already married this year. I've thought they were together since Avalon, and since Beachead, married.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                This is for you Sally

(snipped)
                can i say thanks? i can? THANKS!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Here are a few quick caps from "The Changeling"

AT's husband Alan

Sam giving orders

A few days ago there was talk about errors and continuity issues with SG well here is one from "The Changeling"

When Carter first puts on her Firemans jacket it says CARTER on the back

Then a few minutes later she in ARTER (the C fell off the jacket)
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Seeing as Parsifal's photo of Amanda was so pretty, I thought I'd play with it a bit tonight. Not that it wasn't great in it's original form, but I wanted to see if I could darken it up a bit. It may still have too much red tint, but it's late and I'm a bit too tired to play anymore tonight. Figured this was as nice a way as any to boost the thread up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      do you like, lam?
                      Not especially.

i read a really hot sam/lam fic on area52 called 'general's daughter', or something like that.
                      I'm curling up into a little ball of denial. Slashing Sam with anybody other than Janet just feels like ... adultery. Don't mess with my OTP!
                      Although there was that Sam/Nirrti story, come to think of it ...

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                        I'm curling up into a little ball of denial. Slashing Sam with anybody other than Janet just feels like ... adultery. Don't mess with my OTP!
                        Although there was that Sam/Nirrti story, come to think of it ...
                        Heh, I've never been invested in an OTP (well that's not true, my OTP is Sam ), so I'll happily get involved with Sam/anyone else. Unfortunately it seems Sam/Janet pairing is kinda dead in the fandom, judging by the lack of fic coming from it (in fact same with Sam/Jack. I barely see any where I used to see lots).
                        I'm hoping with the introduction of Vala as regular character in s10 will bring lots more slash potential for Sam Sam/Janet will always be an old favourite, but Sam/Vala might be the way of the future

Comment

Found a Sam/Teal'c fic - Sexual Healing, by Starblade (don't worry about the title, it's completely PG ). It's a bit too sappy for my usual likings, but it was worth it alone for the part where Sam and Teal'c are discussing the benefits of a lightsaber vs a staff weapon

Comment

And just on that Sam/Teal'c note, I found a very well presented Sam/Teal'c Manifesto. A good read for anyone who is into the pairing (and 2 of your fics were recc'ed Sky )

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Heh, I've never been invested in an OTP (well that's not true, my OTP is Sam ), so I'll happily get involved with Sam/anyone else. Unfortunately it seems Sam/Janet pairing is kinda dead in the fandom, judging by the lack of fic coming from it (in fact same with Sam/Jack. I barely see any where I used to see lots).
                              I'm hoping with the introduction of Vala as regular character in s10 will bring lots more slash potential for Sam Sam/Janet will always be an old favourite, but Sam/Vala might be the way of the future
                              I hope there are no sharp objects to hand when Coley sees that!!!

Comment

I love a man who's good with his hands!!
                                wouldn't we all!!
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X