No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“The Changeling” is on SciFi! I thought that was a really graet Teal'c episode! CJ did great in writing it!! It has some good Teal’c and Sam moments. Sam was great giving orders at the scene of the wreck. Man I wish I owned S6 on DVD. There were alot of great episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Oh I know how you feel, my father came over from Italy and my mom came over from Poland. (Talk about tempers) But I got out of going to Catholic school after grade school. (They were too mean)

I know what you mean about tempers. My Mom's German, Jewish, and American Indian and she was born in the states.

My son's a Heinze 57. The above mentioned-- along with being part English, and Irish, along with more American Indian. (on his Father's side).

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        “The Changeling” is on SciFi! I thought that was a really graet Teal'c episode! CJ did great in writing it!! It has some good Teal’c and Sam moments. Sam was great giving orders at the scene of the wreck. Man I wish I owned S6 on DVD. There were alot of great episodes.
        I always thought I hated season 6 til I got it on DVD and realised how many great episodes there were. That really was the peak of Stargate. Although the Ship resolution came in season 9, I really feel that 6 was the apex.

I love Fireman Sam. I can't help but sing the theme tune everytime that ep comes on. The behind the scenes stuff always makes me smile, seeing as that was filmed on Amanda's birthday.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          I always thought I hated season 6 til I got it on DVD and realised how many great episodes there were. That really was the peak of Stargate. Although the Ship resolution came in season 9, I really feel that 6 was the apex.

I love Fireman Sam. I can't help but sing the theme tune everytime that ep comes on. The behind the scenes stuff always makes me smile, seeing as that was filmed on Amanda's birthday.
          I didn't realize it was filmed on her birthday! Another good reason for her husband to be on the set and get a cameo.

The first time I saw "The Changeling" I thought it was so strange to hear CJ talk normally instead of with Teal'c mannerisms.

Comment

I got a good laugh at the guy from Conan O'Brien who filmed a comedic bit on the set of Stargate, when he would say "Stargate SG1 was much better without Daniel Jackson." Then they show him getting shot at the end supposedly by Daniel

Goes to show you others liked Season 6 too
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Unfortunately, with anglophone Canadians I have absolutely no hope of distinguishing them from Americans (sorry people). One of the guys at uni insists it's easy, that all Canadians say things like aboot instead of about, and that MS does it. Well, I've never noticed MS do that. And to me, aboot sounds Scottish.
              I won't get into the Scots influence on certain dialects of Canadian English, but I will say this: Don't try to hear MS's accent; listen instead to AT. Much easier to pick up her '-outs' and 'sorry', for example. I've only heard TR 'slip' once.

And S6 rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                I won't get into the Scots influence on certain dialects of Canadian English, but I will say this: Don't try to hear MS's accent; listen instead to AT. Much easier to pick up her '-outs' and 'sorry', for example. I've only heard TR 'slip' once.

And S6 rocks!
                I really don't understand what you are talking about? We don't say out or about any differently, not that I can tell
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  I really don't understand what you are talking about? We don't say out or about any differently, not that I can tell
                  Are you from the west, by any chance? I didn't mean to imply that all Canadians speak the same, and certainly not all U.S. English speakers do. I can't describe those uniquely Canadian features very well without a phonetic alphabet, but try listening to sound samples provided here:
                  Canadian English ('sorry' is in the middle of the page) and
                  the Most Excellent Alt.Usage.English Audio Archive.

Hope that helps!

Comment

canadian and american can be easy, unless you're talking to an american from the wisconsin/minnesota area

canadians do the nasaly long ooooo on things. like vancoooovvveerr

americans do can-cuver

you can hear AT's canadian when she goes 'helloooo' she gets that slightly nasal thing going
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      canadian and american can be easy, unless you're talking to an american from the wisconsin/minnesota area

americans do can-cuver

you can hear AT's canadian when she goes 'helloooo' she gets that slightly nasal thing going
                      The word process is something I notice a lot on SG. Pro-cess instead of prah-cess ('prah' like bra). Organ-I-zation instead of organ-ah-zation.
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I know that it written English you spell more like the British, I actually meant in oral form!!

It's pathetic really. I study accents and dialects, yet can't tell the difference between Canadian and American. Well, I guess I'm a French and German student, not studying the anglophone world.
                        Hmmmmmm.....

*tries to think of the last time she heard a native-born Canadian have a nasal Bostonian, a Texas clipped twang/drawl, the N'awln's patois (sp.?), the soft southern drawl of the Carolinas, the Bronx attitude.....*

Well.... when many of us come over there for GABIT this November, we'll have to introduce you to the myriad of U.S. dialects.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

try calling new york and getting a bonafide n'w y'ker
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh! Here's a [rhetorical] question: Can everyone hear the 'h' in Genl Hammond's pronunciation of 'weapon'? (Not that there's anything wrong with that... only that it drives me crazy. )

Comment

americans do can-cuver

Nasally *raises eyebrow* People keep talking about funny things Amanda does, but even when I see them and go listen, we so don't sound nasally! and ooooo. it's pronounced Vancoover! That's just... what way the name goes! We don't make a huge thing out of it... *shrug* y'all are just hallucinating!!!!!

Originally posted by DEM
                              Oh! Here's a [rhetorical] question: Can everyone hear the 'h' in Genl Hammond's pronunciation of 'weapon'? (Not that there's anything wrong with that... only that it drives me crazy. )
                              Yes! and with things like "white" or "where"!!! deives me crazy too *huggles Hammond*
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

americans do can-cuver

Nasally *raises eyebrow* People keep talking about funny things Amanda does, but even when I see them and go listen, we so don't sound nasally! and ooooo. it's pronounced Vancoover! That's just... what way the name goes! We don't make a huge thing out of it... *shrug* y'all are just hallucinating!!!!!

Originally posted by DEM
                                Yes! and with things like "white" or "where"!!! deives me crazy too *huggles Hammond*

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                Hmmmmmm.....

Well.... when many of us come over there for GABIT this November,
                                Is anyone from here going to the Creation Convention in Vancouver??? Amanda's going to be there too! *is unbelievably psyched that I finally get to go to a con again, and that Amanda will be there*
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X