Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    I have to admit, though ... the writers crossed a line in Chimera with the other guy. And then promptly placed Jack in bed with someone else! So, I'm not totally ruling out the "morning after" scene with our favorite couple (fair payback I suppose).
    I agree on that. I'd love for it to be a humor scene though. Something done none too seriously. If only I had faith in them to pull that off!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      little spammage, just cause some have asked

the latest chapter of trinkets is up.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...tsmending.html
      So... five more weeks till I can read this, right? It's like counting down to season ten or something, except I'm all excited!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        i just took an online IQ test. (got it off of an add on dictionary.com)

i got my score. is 122 alright? (if it's not, don't laugh at me )

sally
        According to this page http://iq-test.learninginfo.org/iq04.htm you're in the superiour range. 8)
        sigpic

Comment

Firstly, I think Mini hit the nail on the head with the Amanda thing. From what I understand (though I could be wrong), Amanda's only problem with the Sam/Jack realationship is that she doesn't wnt her character to be demoted to one half of a relationship, because Sam is so much more than that.

As for weddings on the show, no, no, no, no, no!!! I think it would be really funny to have it alluded to at the beginning of season. I was secretly hoping that season nine would start with Daniel coming back from a random dig and asking for "Colonel O'Neill" to be told that the Colonel was in "the General's office". Daniel would automatically think that Jack had been demoted and go on a rant, only to find that it's Colonel Sam O'Neill.

I think a secret wedding would be great, cos you can imagine Daniel's fce upon finding out. Either that or make it more subtle.....

When Sam has to make a formal introduction she introduces herself as Lt Colonel Samantha Carter O'Neill. No big cheering, no bells, no tarting it up. Just a simple reference, and the rest of the time she'd just be Sam Carter, like she always was.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Firstly, I think Mini hit the nail on the head with the Amanda thing. From what I understand (though I could be wrong), Amanda's only problem with the Sam/Jack realationship is that she doesn't wnt her character to be demoted to one half of a relationship, because Sam is so much more than that.

As for weddings on the show, no, no, no, no, no!!! I think it would be really funny to have it alluded to at the beginning of season. I was secretly hoping that season nine would start with Daniel coming back from a random dig and asking for "Colonel O'Neill" to be told that the Colonel was in "the General's office". Daniel would automatically think that Jack had been demoted and go on a rant, only to find that it's Colonel Sam O'Neill.

I think a secret wedding would be great, cos you can imagine Daniel's fce upon finding out. Either that or make it more subtle.....

When Sam has to make a formal introduction she introduces herself as Lt Colonel Samantha Carter O'Neill. No big cheering, no bells, no tarting it up. Just a simple reference, and the rest of the time she'd just be Sam Carter, like she always was.
            I don't know, I always thought if Sam got married she would keep her maiden name. After all Sam Carter worked to build up her name and reputation, changing it to O'Neill would take away from that. But that's just MHO
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              I am an unashamed Sam/Jack shipper. However, I never ever want to see a wedding on screen. Would I like to see a kiss between our Sam and Jack? Absolutely. And since we saw a morning after between Sam and Pete, I would like to get a glimpse, just a glimpse, of Sam and Jack. Otherwise, let's just see something like a shot of the inside of her locker - a picture of the two of them or his ball cap hanging on a hook.

Sam Carter is identifiable as Sam - scientist, soldier, hero - not just as half of a coupling. That's what we love about her in the first place.
              I agree with you Chevron. And even that scene in bed was unecessary, and not at all Stargate style. It must be possible for them to acknowledge they are together, but absolutely not concentrate on it. A 30 seconds exchanges, flirting, a look, a smile, or a locker, as you mentionned. We, at least I, don't ask for more than that. But apparently, they won't. Sad
              sigpic
              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

the worst one i ever experienced was a few years ago. it was sometime after 4 in the morning, and i was taking a bath. (i was a nightowl for a while ). anyhoo, it was the biggest one i've ever felt, and the water was sloshing in the tub so badly that i jumped out (was afraid the tub was going to sink). things broke in the house too. not badly, though.

living in california means you get used to earthquakes and forest fires (which the latter is happening right now). shake and bake!

k, i'll try to stop with the otness.

i'm excited about some upcoming eps, because i think there'll be some good sam 'scenes'.

(wonder if we'll get a sam *episode* next season? hope so... )

i wish amanda would do another q/a where *we* pick the questions. like:

fave color. (already know it's orange, but i'm thinking she's leaning towards the pink area)

fave food: (already know it's sushi, but what other foods does she like? i know her comfort foods are cookies and potato chips)

fave rock band. ('d recommend 'dream theatre' to her. their earlier stuff, though)

fave classical composer.

fave comedy movie.

fave drama movie.

fave tv show.

what tv show character (besides sam carter) does she wish she were playing? (i'd LOVE to see her in something like 'crossing jordan' or 'cold case'. OR, the blond female lead in 'invasion'. oh, and 'medium'!)

would she ever consider doing a comedy or drama movie/vehicle with rda? (think they have MUCHO chemistry together)

how would she react if olivia said she'd want to be an actress?

has she ever considered incorporating her sign language skills into an episode?

what 'dark' thing would she like to see happen to sam in an ep(s)?

what's her fantasy ending to the stargate saga?

would she ever want to see sam commanding the sgc?

what's the sickest she ever remembers being while filming an episode?

describe what it feels like to be pregnant and give birth.

was being pregnant and giving birth what she thought it would be like?

do you and your twin still have that 'twin communication' going on?

if she were a musician in a rock or classical band, what instrument would she want to play?

with her fear of heights, does she get scared going over bridges? (i do)

does she want sam and jack to end up together? (amanda changes her mind on this )

okay, i'm done. for now.

sally
                Great questions--except for the last one. But I do like the idea of AT & RDA in a movie together. Maybe it would be a project worth his coming out of retirement for. Maybe something his production company could get cracking on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  I agree, Sky. What's missing is the subtle but confirmative icing on the cake to the end of S8 ... as you write later, just some celebratory moments of the assumed relationship: a phone call, a photo in a locker, some mention of his name and deep reflective pauses (as only AT can do so well) ... this is Stargate, not a soap, so I definitely would not want "the wedding of the century" paraded before my eyes. My shipper imagination can provide those more classic moments or take them to Vegas as Simha has so delightfully done. I just think the fans deserve more than they're getting in S9.

yeah, something little like....let's play imagine and rda comes back for the 200th eps. one little scene where he gives sam her watch and 'you forgot that at home'

nothing extravagant, nothing OTT, just a little subtle confirmation
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Ah, one of my fav kick a$$ soldier Sam episodes
                    I couldn't watch it b/c my the picture kept cutting out on my cable --but only for Sci Fi. Is someone trying to tell me I watch too much Stargate?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      So... five more weeks till I can read this, right? It's like counting down to season ten or something, except I'm all excited!
                      there bouts.

there's s4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and then a nice smarmy epilogue

they are written, just not all proofed. i'm doing it on a weekly basis to see if my beta can get to the rest or not

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                        Fantastic Sam ep. Sam in charge, Sam saves the day, nice Sam/Janet moments. I love it.

Followed last night by Singularity. Another great Sam ep. This was when I really knew AT could act. That elevator scene gets me every single time.
                        yep. only for sam eps will i pass up first run network stuff and trust my vcr (which is what i did last night. las vegas and medium can wait until the weekend)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Ahh! Jay Leno just put down RDA's superbowl commercial, wondering if they used him because Cagney&Lacy weren't available
                          Where's my P90?! I hate him anyway, but now...Grrr!

Comment

he's just jealous cause rda's a stud whereas jay is...the funnydude with the big chin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                              Yup. She seems to take one position when being filmed/taped/interviewed for posterity — see the S4 DVDs and/or the post-S8 exclusive Web interview that was posted at MGM's site — quite another when at conventions (much as when she said the only fan fictions she read were Sam/Janet stories). Go figure.
                              Well at a convention I'm sure she's clowning around a lot to entertain the crowd. I'm sure she did the dog tag thing to get a reaction from the audience. I'm not a S/J shipper (no, really? you say ) but even *I* thought that was great when I read about it.

Comment

do you like, lam?

i read a really hot sam/lam fic on area52 called 'general's daughter', or something like that.

and skydiver, you'll have to fight *me* for rda!

or we can share him, eh?

sally
                                Mmmmm....Lam - see http://www.shambalayogi.net/Tul04/lex.html

Thats if their is any of him left

Nice pics parsifal

P.S. Your friend is awesome

*carries on browsing thread*

*dies*

*anti-die device finally kicks in*
                                i just took an online IQ test. (got it off of an add on dictionary.com)

i got my score. is 122 alright? (if it's not, don't laugh at me )

sally
                                well the bbc ran an iq test on tv a few years ago and I got a 100
                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I found a website that gives this breakdown for IQ's...not sure how accurate it is though.

130+-Very superior-2.2%
                                120-129-Superior-6.7%
                                110-119-High average-16.1%
                                90-109-Average-50%
                                80-89-Low average-16.1%
                                70-79-Borderline-6.7%
                                Below 70-Extremely low-2.2%

According to the site, these is typically what types of job someone with each IQ level typically does for a living. Unfortunately, I don't see stay-at-home mom anywhere on the list so I guess it doesn't really matter what my IQ is.

Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists.
                                Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)
                                School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.
                                Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.
                                100+
                                Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.
                                100-
                                Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.
                                Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.
                                So I am average and going to be in one of these professions: Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers; Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers - not quite what I had planned
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X