X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I hate to burst your bubble mini but
    Quote:

That was just more Mac gear (what??? climbing ropes, tube socks, misplaced fanny packs) not Mac himself. Besides - I suspect that, with Sam at the SGC, and off-world, there's no one at the Pentagon who dares try to control the cake intake of a two star general. So, Sam'lll just put him through a few extra reps of his exercise routine :just how innocent can I look?: and all Mac's gear will be gone from Jack's, er, pack in nothin' flat.
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

you know why jack is chunky???? cause sam's been taking cooking classes, and he's her guinea pig

and given that she kicks bootie with her level 3 hand to hand...he's a good little general that cleans his plate
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea everyone going to the con should wear that outfit
        Ummm, yeah. I think I'll leave those types of outfits for Amanda. She actually looks very nice in it. I would just frighten people.

Comment

yeah, same here.

me wearing that would be like me singing...so not a pretty sight/sound
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea everyone going to the con should wear that outfit
            Um... I don't think so... ten years ago maybe... but Strix in a halter top these days is a sight best avoided, I think.

My LJ

Comment

Tube socks and a fanny pack, yeah that explains it
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                WARNING – the following contains unabashed pro-shippiness, of the dreaded Sam/Jack flavor. Non-Sam/Jack shippers are strongly cautioned.

(snipped)
                first off, i LOVE this!!

secondly, would you please post this on the shipper thread? i think the shippers would *love* to hear your ideas/feelings.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Woohoo, you go girl!

You and me both. Well, at the risk of putting waaaay too much 'ship into the "Sam Carter" thread, I've also discussed this on and off with Annunaki, and she was actually the one to suggest (the silent marriage thing) to me way back before the season started (after the end of season eight). But the more I see of season nine, and the less I hear from tptb about it, the more I'm convinced it's true. I suppose it's a pipe dream shipper's fantasy, but what the hey, right?

There's too many hints in that direction for my shipper heart to ignore. Besides, did you notice during ETHON this week, when Cam mentioned General O'Neill, the immediate cut-shot for a response was to Carter? Tee, hee...

mini(don't you dare wreck this for me AD, I'm havin' a moment here!! )geek
                  i want to discuss this with you, but maybe we should go to the shipper thread (don't want the non shippers to start twitching)

but i definitely have some questions about annunaki and such.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i want to discuss this with you, but maybe we should go to the shipper thread (don't want the non shippers to start twitching)

but i definitely have some questions about annunaki and such.

sally
                    Thanks Sal,

I actually enjoy a well written S&J fic, but for some reason the idea of them getting married on the show really makes me nervous, but then again I'm starting to develop a twitch anytime someone mentions Sam with anyone lately.

Sam & P-90 or Sam & Jello is about all I'm up for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      WOW!

she's so friggin gorgeous!

sally
                      This is almost a Marilyn Monroe kind of photograph ... reflecting the glamour of the 40s-50s stars. Very interesting look for AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        WARNING – the following contains unabashed pro-shippiness, of the dreaded Sam/Jack flavor. Non-Sam/Jack shippers are strongly cautioned.

I’ve always thought there’d be no way that Sam and Jack would not be married like a shot if the opportunity presented itself. I think they’d be like two powerful, perfectly aligned magnets: when you let them come together, each reinforces the other and it takes tremendous force to ever tear them apart again.

So, yes – I am of the firm opinion that they visited Vegas while Sam was stationed at Area 51, and came away with nice rings and photos, and nicer marriage certificates all signed, good, legal and valid in all 50 states. And I have to issue a “Way to Go, Sam!” to that notion, because I do think she loved and wanted Jack (and he loved and wanted her, too, IMO, but this is a Sam thread, so she gets the shout out here ). I don’t think they’ll have a hearts and flowers and happily ever after sort of marriage – they’re two very strong personalities, and I suspect some of the blowups will be epic ones (what does one expect with a naquadah-enhanced bride, anyway? ) – but I think there’s a friendship and a degree of mutual respect and a firm sense of the other’s worth as a person and a partner that will get them through most everything if they just make the effort to talk to each other, even if they get through it entirely in their own mutual, um… uniquely interactive way.

I’m also willing to bet that Teal’c knows because Sam can’t and won’t keep anything from him, and Cassie because that’s as close as she can get to sharing it with Janet ( to a lack of Janet), but Mitchell, Landry, and Lam don’t have a clue. Sam’s living in officers’ quarters on Peterson, with her house rented out, and no one thinks anything of how military personnel come and go there, or how Sam drives Jack back to the base when he has to fly back to Washington... I’d suspect Harriman knows, just because I suspect he knows everything about everybody at Stargate Command, and maybe Siler, because one gets to talking when one’s climbed in between the massive capacitors to maintain and upgrade the Gate. I think Daniel knows, but I’m not sure he’s happy about it (and no, not because I think he wants either party in the marriage for himself!), and that’s part of why he’s been such a prig for so much of season 9. I mean, Teal’c gets to be a Great Liberator and a Founding Father to the entire Free Jaffa Nation, Sam gets Jack, Jack gets Sam, and Daniel gets stuck in the Milky Way Galaxy, and shackled to Vala to boot. I’d be far beyond the prig stage, myself, after that! (Can you say “Simha the Maniacal Does Her Apophis Impersonation”? I know you can. ) And, strangely enough, I think Mark Carter doesn’t know, because Sam’s very wary of his reaction considering she married a two star general, and Mark's known issues with the military, but I think he’s going to be the best surprise she’s ever gotten from her family when she finally does tell him. I think Mark Carter would be delighted.

And that would be all for now from Simha the incognito romantic.
                        Such a fun scenario ... let's take it one step further: Teal'c and Cassie were the witnesses! Now that's a lovely Hallmark moment too!

You're a great storyteller, Simha! Gosh, physics and fiction - quite a unique combination of skills. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Thanks Sal,

I actually enjoy a well written S&J fic, but for some reason the idea of them getting married on the show really makes me nervous, but then again I'm starting to develop a twitch anytime someone mentions Sam with anyone lately.

Sam & P-90 or Sam & Jello is about all I'm up for this season.
                          AT has said that she doesn't think Sam and Jack should ever get together.
                          (I guess that leaves Sam with her P-90)
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

amanda is known to change her mind on the sam/jack issue.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ahh! Jay Leno just put down RDA's superbowl commercial, wondering if they used him because Cagney&Lacy weren't available
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I fully agree with both Amanda and yourself Mandysg1!

Comment

Working...
                                X