Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    it was the 30
    Thanks. I like your new avatar, and LOVED part 2 of Trinkets by the way. Lots of nice little details, and good insight on Sam's thoughts.
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

((historian))

thanks hon. part 3 should be out this week

this one is a bit different than the other two,but still fits in

it was a fun series to write, i had a couple of tough chapters, but a lot of it just kinda wrote itself
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm missing my Desperate Housewives tonight

Hmm, let's see if we can match our favourite characters, which DH would each be.
        I think Teal'c would be Brie (except of course for the red hair, unless we can get Hathor's red wig back.)
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i know! (i keep a mini one in my closet).

i think what scared me so much was a- i was *alone* when it hit, and b- i'm not used to being on ground zero (epicenter), and it sure feels different being that close to it. it felt like a punch, not the usual rolling motion of earthquakes.

k, done boring everyone.

here's hoping season 10 brings:

kick butt sam!

sam/jack happiness (ever after)!

sam leading sg1! (i know, but let me pretend for a while)

sam and vala being friends!

sally
          (((Sally)))

When was the earthquake? I hadn't heard that today! Glad you're ok!!!

Comment

sam would be lynette...balanceing everything

daniel would be teri hatcher's character...well meaning but kinda klutzy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              sam would be lynette...balanceing everything

daniel would be teri hatcher's character...well meaning but kinda klutzy
              Oh yea definitely klutzy
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes Carter, I'm sure. This is how we play football in Minnisota. Now get into position
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  in my continuing pmsing mind-set... that fic made me sad. that's *exactly* how i wish the show was being written. sam the leader. sam in a relationship with the man she's been in love with for years.

i'm sure my mood isn't being helped by listening to sad music. (annie lennox's 'diva' cd)

sally
                  "Toasting Friends" makes me wish someone had remembered that Sam helped design and build Prometheus, and probably helped install the Asgard systems and upgrade the ship, too. She’s saved the ship and its crew singlehanded before, and probably knows both Ronson, and his crew, and Pendergast and his, fairly well, if not very well. That being the case, Sam should have been one of the officers who delivered word of Colonel Pendergast’s death to his family, and we should have seen that potentially powerful scene, not that insipid little example of ersatz male bonding between Dr. “my team knows I can’t handle my booze, and it’s awfully visible when I’m not handling it, so do you really want to do this on base?” Bubbly!Drunk Jackson and Colonel “woe is me yet again, the ending way not happy and now I must mope” Cameron “Eeyore” Mitchell. We could have had Sam, Cam and Dan trying to explain to Mrs. Pendergast how her husband died, and trying to find a way to say that the situation that forced him to trade his life for his crew’s survival didn’t end at all well. That could have been very powerful, with real emotions and real grief and real pain, and real depth – Amanda could do all of it so well.

And then the perfect finish, at least for me, unrepentant partisan of anything that makes Sam happy, would have been to see Sam getting into her car at Peterson, where her cell phone rings, and, when she answers it, the conversation goes something like:

“Hello…”

“No, no – it’s okay. I’m in my car at Peterson, about to go home. I can talk… yeah, well – guess it really does take one to know one, doesn’t it?”

“No – no. I’m not okay. All these years, it was never this hard – I stood by the graves, at the funerals and I told them, I can’t say what happened, national security, need to know – but I could swear their loved ones died serving their country, and serving it well, because it was true. But this – this didn’t serve anyone – not the Rand Protectorate, not the Caledonians, not Earth. Colonel Pendergast and thirty more good people died for nothing, nothing at all. Avedon still destroyed itself. The Priors can build more satellites like that and know we can’t defend against them, and, without a power source we can’t build a similar design ourselves. Mrs. Pendergast – Mrs. Pendergast told me, told me I couldn’t know what she was feeling because I’ve never been married and I couldn’t even get a word in edgewise to tell her – God, I wish you were here. I wish… "

"I know, I know, and you are. I just really, really need to know you’re all right – right now. I really, really need that… I know you feel the same way, and it’s actually worse for you, from your point of view – and... that’s why I wish you were here, Jack. I just think about everything that could happen, and I know you’re all right, really – but – I really need to actually have you here, to touch you, to really believe – ”

What? You’re where!? Really???”

“God, I knew there was a reason I married you, Jack O’Neill! I’ll be there soon – very soon. Yeah, I’ll drive carefully. Really. I love you.”

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

good points. sam did build adn design promie. and if we're supposed to buy into the story for where she was, then she spent time with these folks just a few months ago so i'm willing to bet that she knew the crew

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Yes Carter, I'm sure. This is how we play football in Minnisota. Now get into position
                      ROTFLOL Mandy, you're outta control tonight with these photocaps!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        ROTFLOL Mandy, you're outta control tonight with these photocaps!
                        Thanks I try
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                          "Toasting Friends" makes me wish someone had remembered that Sam helped design and build Prometheus, and probably helped install the Asgard systems and upgrade the ship, too. She’s saved the ship and its crew singlehanded before, and probably knows both Ronson, and his crew, and Pendergast and his, fairly well, if not very well. That being the case, Sam should have been one of the officers who delivered word of Colonel Pendergast’s death to his family, and we should have seen that potentially powerful scene, not that insipid little example of ersatz male bonding between Dr. “my team knows I can’t handle my booze, and it’s awfully visible when I’m not handling it, so do you really want to do this on base?” Bubbly!Drunk Jackson and Colonel “woe is me yet again, the ending way not happy and now I must mope” Cameron “Eeyore” Mitchell. We could have had Sam, Cam and Dan trying to explain to Mrs. Pendergast how her husband died, and trying to find a way to say that the situation that forced him to trade his life for his crew’s survival didn’t end at all well. That could have been very powerful, with real emotions and real grief and real pain, and real depth – Amanda could do all of it so well.

And then the perfect finish, at least for me, unrepentant partisan of anything that makes Sam happy, would have been to see Sam getting into her car at Peterson, where her cell phone rings, and, when she answers it, the conversation goes something like:

“Hello…”

“No, no – it’s okay. I’m in my car at Peterson, about to go home. I can talk… yeah, well – guess it really does take one to know one, doesn’t it?”

“No – no. I’m not okay. All these years, it was never this hard – I stood by the graves, at the funerals and I told them, I can’t say what happened, national security, need to know – but I could swear their loved ones died serving their country, and serving it well, because it was true. But this – this didn’t serve anyone – not the Rand Protectorate, not the Caledonians, not Earth. Colonel Pendergast and thirty more good people died for nothing, nothing at all. Avedon still destroyed itself. The Priors can build more satellites like that and know we can’t defend against them, and, without a power source we can’t build a similar design ourselves. Mrs. Pendergast – Mrs. Pendergast told me, told me I couldn’t know what she was feeling because I’ve never been married and I couldn’t even get a word in edgewise to tell her – God, I wish you were here. I wish… "

"I know, I know, and you are. I just really, really need to know you’re all right – right now. I really, really need that… I know you feel the same way, and it’s actually worse for you, from your point of view – and... that’s why I wish you were here, Jack. I just think about everything that could happen, and I know you’re all right, really – but – I really need to actually have you here, to touch you, to really believe – ”

“God, I knew there was a reason I married you, Jack O’Neill! I’ll be there soon – very soon. Yeah, I’ll drive carefully. Really. I love you.”

Wow, that's a powerful and touching ending for sure - albeit one we'll never get from TPTB but thanks for providing an alternate conclusion. Sal should be smiling brightly right now.

Comment

And it's official, the Steelers won the Super Bowl, 21 to 10. Psst, I have to be quiet about it as my little grandson must be awfully sad about now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Wow, that's a powerful and touching ending for sure - albeit one we'll never get from TPTB but thanks for providing an alternate conclusion. Sal should be smiling brightly right now.
                              If she's not, I sure am!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

“Hello…”

Simha!! Hello!! So you're another one who believes they're already married, eh? Me too. I think there's a great big secrecy campaign goin' on...

That was such a cool little add-on scene. Write more! lol

And speaking of writing ... Sky, is there anyplace where we can find out when you update and/or complete your series? I've been waiting until there's more of it posted before I tuck in (and it's hard!!! LOL), but I never know when you update. Do you have like a ... FANGURL club or something we poor wannabes can subscribe to? Hehehe.

On another note - put me down as someone who thought ETHON was a nice idea for a team episode. I enjoyed the interplay between the characters, but (as so many of you have already very eloquently pointed out) the plot itself had a few pretty huge holes in it. Things that just didn't add up (even setting aside the obvious issue of 'who's in charge?'). Lots and lots of plot holes. But, great character moments - I'm sure Sky had a squee or three over the *really* intense Sam/Teal'c moment we got, too.

Hugs all,
                                minigeek (and just to be fair, BSG was suckage this week - it really blew)
                                Last edited by minigeek; 05 February 2006, 07:17 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X