• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    seattle 3
    pittsburg 14

in the 3rd quarter
    Dear gods, even the false ones, if they'll listen, do not upon any circumstances, for any reason, allow me to forget to charge my MP3 player and put it in my computer case, or the office will be utterly unendurable tomorrow, no matter which team prevails.

I've never been able to fathom why these 6 grown men simply must stand next to the sports-averse analyst-programmer while they bellow at each other about football / baseball / basketball / hockey - it's like there's some sort of taboo that keeps them from talking about sport at all if they aren't annoying the dickens out of someone in the process.

Yeah - I know:

Anybody have a ribbon device I could borrow???? Please???????
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      4 quarters

NC
      Thanks, I was kind of joking around being a hockey fan myself
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        ahhh glad you're okay!!
        thanks...

i misread what you'd originally said and thought you were asking about if anyone heard 'from' me, not that if 'i' found out what had happened... oops and

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
          Dear gods, even the false ones, if they'll listen, do not upon any circumstances, for any reason, allow me to forget to charge my MP3 player and put it in my computer case, or the office will be utterly unendurable tomorrow, no matter which team prevails.

I've never been able to fathom why these 6 grown men simply must stand next to the sports-averse analyst-programmer while they bellow at each other about football / baseball / basketball / hockey - it's like there's some sort of taboo that keeps them from talking about sport at all if they aren't annoying the dickens out of someone in the process.

Yeah - I know:

Anybody have a ribbon device I could borrow???? Please???????
          For some reason, your rant reminded me of one of my favorite commercials of the game (so far) Three guys are standing in an office window, eating potato chips, and looking down on a group of street workers. They comment, "Typical, only one guy working while the others just stand around. Yuk, yuk."
          Meanwhile, a women is working at a computer behind them. She says "Got it." Cut to a scene of the office guys standing behind her high-fiving each other and saying things like "Way to go, team!" She just gives them a look.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Thanks, I was kind of joking around being a hockey fan myself

There's a sport I know nothing about. Is it 3 periods?

NC (Hi, I'm NC and I'm hockey illiterate.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              ((((((((Sally)))))))

I'm glad you found a sarcophagus to revive you after the earthquake !
              i know! (i keep a mini one in my closet).

i think what scared me so much was a- i was *alone* when it hit, and b- i'm not used to being on ground zero (epicenter), and it sure feels different being that close to it. it felt like a punch, not the usual rolling motion of earthquakes.

k, done boring everyone.

here's hoping season 10 brings:

kick butt sam!

sam/jack happiness (ever after)!

sam leading sg1! (i know, but let me pretend for a while)

sam and vala being friends!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

There's a sport I know nothing about. Is it 3 periods?

NC (Hi, I'm NC and I'm hockey illiterate.)
                Yes it has 3, 20 minute periods, and it's a face paced game. Oh yea and it's played on ice
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i know! (i keep a mini one in my closet).

i think what scared me so much was a- i was *alone* when it hit, and b- i'm not used to being on ground zero (epicenter), and it sure feels different being that close to it. it felt like a punch, not the usual rolling motion of earthquakes.

k, done boring everyone.

here's hoping season 10 brings:

kick butt sam!

sam/jack happiness (ever after)!

sam leading sg1! (i know, but let me pretend for a while)

sam and vala being friends!

sally
                  How about Vala being a backup singer taking orders from Sam
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    *couldnt give a...*

me neither

i watched pbs, now i'm watching cold case
                    i just hope it doesn't run too late cause i wanna see grey's anatomy
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      who cares?

5 days untill Off the Grid!
                      Anyone who doesn't mind minor spoilers should head to the scifi site http://www.scifi.com/stargate/ and watch the preview! Can't wait!
                      Spoiler:
                      is sam alright! i saw some blood on her face. was anyone else hurt with sam?

i'm still dreading this ep because it has the ingredients to be another 'ties that bind' in the leather/one-liners department. maybe with sam being present, it'll keep it's dignity.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Spoiler:
                        is sam alright! i saw some blood on her face. was anyone else hurt with sam?

i'm still dreading this ep because it has the ingredients to be another 'ties that bind' in the leather/one-liners department. maybe with sam being present, it'll keep it's dignity.

sally
                        Answers for OTG:
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes it shows someone else getting hurt, 3 guesses as to who it is. That's right good o'l Cam It's just too bad they can't kill him off
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well, they just ran RDA's ad right after an ad for Pirates of the Caribbean starring AT's fave, Johnny Depp. "Yummy!"

Can you tell I'm enjoying the commercials more than the game?

NC

Comment

hey, i'm changing channels TO watch the commecials. don't give a fig about the game

sigpic

Comment

Well, they just ran RDA's ad right after an ad for Pirates of the Caribbean starring AT's fave, Johnny Depp. "Yummy!"

Can you tell I'm enjoying the commercials more than the game?

NC
                              Did they show the 60 seconds version ? Apparently, there were 2 versions : 30 and 60 seconds. Anyone know where we can find the longer version on the net ?
                              sigpic
                              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

it was the 30

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X