Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Spoiler:

Yes, Mitchell did give the final command, but I also saw Mitchell look to Sam for a reaction and Sam and Mitchell both looked to Teal'c and it was only after Teal'c appeared to nod slightly that Mitchell gave the ok.

I know everyone wants there to be a clear chain of command, but honestly the only people who would be required to follow those chains of commands are Sam and Mitchell. Regardless of what is asked of them, neither Teal'c nor Daniel is obligated to do so and we've seen instances in the past when they have chosen to go against Jack's suggestions and do as they saw fit. Honestly, I don't really believe the result last night would have been any different or been attained any quicker if Mitchell was sololy in command. I believe he still would have looked to Sam and Teal'c for their input before deciding Daniel's fate.

Kat
    Thanks. Mitchell did look to Sam. And I agree with your assessment of the timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Time to bump up

Psst! Hey Carter! I'm over here.
      You're killing me Mandy! (shudders)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Gosh, I'll have to re-watch the movie. I only remember Kirsten Robek who played the blind neighbor and she was Lt. Astor on Stargate (Divide and Conquer). There was a sister to Amanda too?
        I recognized the actress from the Void too. I think she played the assistant to the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          I can't speak for everyone, but I know I don't want TPTB to have created Mitchell with the same dynamic as the rest of the team has. But I think that's sort-of, what they've been trying to do.

I would rather have seen them build Mitchell's characterization and relationships evenly over the course of the last 15 episodes. I would have liked to have seen him building those bonds of trust with the team. I would, in short, like to have seen the Cam-character-moments have been with the team, instead of off on his own.

It's been a weird winter here in northern Ohio too. Very unseasonably warm. And yet, my gas bill was still 200$ last month. Oi.
          Yes, they would have done well to remember how they gradually integrated Jonas into the team. Sure, they could say that they somewhat knew Mitchell already, but that's different from working with him on the *team.*

Comment

OK, this is my last comment on the Ethon issue.
            Spoiler:
            Yes, Mitchell looked to Carter... and Carter demurred. Bleh. And Teal'c's nod of approval, while comrady and swell... let's just say that if Teal'c saw a big flaw in the plan to take out the satellite, I'm sure he would have made his feelings known. Frankly, it's not chain of command, per se, that I'm concerned with -- it's being a commander. Teal'c's and Daniel's "I don't have a boss even though someone evaluates my work and pays me" having-it-both-ways status is irrelevant to my point. In sum: I don't like an irresolute commander (small 'c') Carter, and that's what I saw in that moment on the bridge in Ethon. Notably, however, it's the only instance I would say that about Carter's leadership.

Humbly and with all due respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Guys, I've just been catching up on the Gateworld headlines and have had an interesting thought. Could Shanks' time off give us more room for Sam orientated storylines, do you think? ...
              I'll drink to that, Royal Bartender! From your lips to TPTB's ears ...

Welcome back! Or are you still in France and just checking in?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                I'll drink to that, Royal Bartender! From your lips to TPTB's ears ...

Welcome back! Or are you still in France and just checking in?!
                I'm back. Got back yesterday, but slept for 24 hours. Well, I got up twice in that time. Lazy, I know. But I was so tired after chasing round the pack of restless students all week.

We can only hope that it reaches TPTB.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Mckay ahead of Sam on the page No way

BUMP
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I've been in and out of the thread today but I'm struggling as it is mainly about the latest season 10 ep - which I will not see for a while. Thanks to everyone for putting stuff in spoliers - just sorry I can't join in!!

My sunday's excitement was a major kitchen accident slicing of part of my hand - the blood was awesome. CG quite calmly said down the phone to me. "Well you know Louie what Sam would do if she were off world and did something like that "(she happens to have an ultra sharp veggie slicer in her backpack you know) "she'd just light a fire and stick her hand right in to cauterize it!" Thanks for that little gem of DIY first aid Jester!!

Enjoy the superbowl everyone who will be watching!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      My sunday's excitement was a major kitchen accident slicing of part of my hand - the blood was awesome.
                      Glad you enjoyed

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

So sorry to hear about your hand Coley, (at least I didn't see it ) Hope your hand heals quickly. (See that's what u get for daydreaming about Sam&Jack while holding sharp objects)
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Wow look at all that blood coming out of Coley's hand
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            I've been in and out of the thread today but I'm struggling as it is mainly about the latest season 10 ep - which I will not see for a while. Thanks to everyone for putting stuff in spoliers - just sorry I can't join in!!

My sunday's excitement was a major kitchen accident slicing of part of my hand - the blood was awesome. CG quite calmly said down the phone to me. "Well you know Louie what Sam would do if she were off world and did something like that "(she happens to have an ultra sharp veggie slicer in her backpack you know) "she'd just light a fire and stick her hand right in to cauterize it!" Thanks for that little gem of DIY first aid Jester!!
                            Spookily enough, I was just reading a fic in which Sam cuts her hand very badly when I decided to pop by Gateword. (Makes note to self to avoid our, er, resourceful Nurse CG's first aid station! )

Is the hand going to be all right, Coley?
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              So sorry to hear about your hand Coley, (at least I didn't see it ) Hope your hand heals quickly. (See that's what u get for daydreaming about Sam&Jack while holding sharp objects)
                              I did see it, thanks to the wonders of cyberspace, and it's a nasty injury. Methinks the Royal Accountant should pay a visit to the ER tonight rather than waiting until tomorrow morning for the local doc.

Hmm, I wonder if Dr. Fraiser makes house calls from her AU!! Can we beam her down to Coley's place?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...anetInjury.jpg

"Not another darn veggie slicer injury!! When will she ever learn?"
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 05 February 2006, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

Wow, who'd have thought Coley had so much blood in her?

Comment

Working...
                                X