Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I hope everything is alright, what part of what country are you in? If you don't mind my asking?
    i live in southern california, in lakewood (city in LA county). i live near long beach airport (which is small), but... i wondered if it was an airplane crashing, but nothing on the news... i'm sure sam carter would know what was going on!

btw, i found out that rda's superbowl commercial was filmed in buena park... AAAAAHHHH, that extremely close to where i live (like less than 10 minutes away)! soooooo close!!!.... feels faint

i wonder if amanda likes rollercoasters?

amanda, if you're reading this, please answer.

i feel weird(er). must be pms and the trama of the earthquake/explosion thingie.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Actually I think
      Spoiler:
      he was yet another soldier who was in awe of the great Lt. Col. Sam Carter and she did save his butt. So there's another one to add to the list of admirers
      OH NOOOOO!!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        While I was watching Ethon last night, I kept thinking that Desiree Zurowski, the actress who played Minister Chaska looked really familiar. When someone noted that it was good to see how she and Sam interacted, I thought that seemed familiar too. I could have sworn that she played Brenna, the plant manager in Beneath the Surface, but when I looked it up, that was a different actress, Alison Matthews. But, I did find that Desiree was in New Ground, playing the second in command to the annoying guy with the limp. (she was the one who stuck the big needles in SG-1’s necks) Here are some pictures that show the three characters.

On the side by side comparison, I can see the differences, but does anyone else see the similarities? Or, maybe it's just the hair.

NC(thinking maybe I need to move up that visit to the eye doctor)
        I believe she was also in The Void. Playing Amanda's sister :O

And the similarities - her eyebrows

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          that's all i've ever asked for - EX.PLA.NA.TION. i *see* co-command, but... why don't they just come out and say that sam's mentoring mitchell or something?

*sighs*... i'll always look at this command issue as the biggest 'what might have been' for sam carter...

sally
          mentoring...that's good. hmmm....
          still say sam deserves it thu.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            Ahh! I want that smiley! it's too cute? Where did you find it ?
            The Seahawk one? I found it at SmileyCentral. I think you can get a copy just by saving it like an image though.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              mentoring...that's good. hmmm....
              still say sam deserves it thu.
              sam deserved it in *before* new order! she's been primed for it for YEARS.

i've heard spoilers that they're going to
              Spoiler:
              deal with the command issue next season. i wonder how...

mitchell: hey, sam, you want to lead sg1?

sam: no.

mitchell: okay.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i live in southern california, in lakewood (city in LA county). i live near long beach airport (which is small), but... i wondered if it was an airplane crashing, but nothing on the news... i'm sure sam carter would know what was going on!

btw, i found out that rda's superbowl commercial was filmed in buena park... AAAAAHHHH, that extremely close to where i live (like less than 10 minutes away)! soooooo close!!!.... feels faint

i wonder if amanda likes rollercoasters?

amanda, if you're reading this, please answer.

i feel weird(er). must be pms and the trama of the earthquake/explosion thingie.

sally
                i wonder if a jet went super sonic and you heard the sonic boom?

those can be pretty scary
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Speaking of eybrows. This may sound strange but I really like Amanda's eyebrows in certain seasons. I think they actually make her eyes stand out more. Does anyone else ever notice this stuff or am I really just loosing it?

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                    I am a bit of an amateur actor and took a seminar this weekend in improvisational scene work. The instructor told us the huge importance of establishing normalcy before you introduce crisis. You have to make the audience care about the characters before you will care if they get in trouble.

The whole problem with the way Mitchell has been written is that his ACTION as a hero has been forced on us to make us care. Even in the early eps where he's trying to do Jack/Funny, we don't get a sense of what Mitchell's "normal" is. We know Daniel loves to read and research. We know Jack loves to fish and relax. T'ealc meditates. Amanda loves to experiment and pioneer. But what does Mitchell do? What is his normal? Who is he anyway?
                    Yes, the old "cart before the horse" which I was yelping about a few pages back. I really do want to care about this guy and the new season ... but I'm still waiting for the hook.

Comment

Gosh, I'll have to re-watch the movie. I only remember Kirsten Robek who played the blind neighbor and she was Lt. Astor on Stargate (Divide and Conquer). There was a sister to Amanda too?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i wonder if a jet went super sonic and you heard the sonic boom?

those can be pretty scary
                        Or maybe there's a battle going on in space above California right now, and tomorrow we'll be told that the light show in the sky was just a meteor shower, and the sounds were just war games being played on the coastline.

Oops, I guess I've been watching a certain tv show too much.

NC

Comment

Okay I just finished a long dinner fundraiser with middle school band/choir and I'm beat so here is a fluff post before I go back and read what has been going on today.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            The Seahawk one? I found it at SmileyCentral. I think you can get a copy just by saving it like an image though.
                            I hate to say, but the weather's not looking good for tomorrows game. The whole area is in a winter storm warning. ( including me ) Although I'm on the other side of the border.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Or maybe there's a battle going on in space above California right now, and tomorrow we'll be told that the light show in the sky was just a meteor shower, and the sounds were just war games being played on the coastline.

Oops, I guess I've been watching a certain tv show too much.

NC
                              *runs out to look at night sky*

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, there was actually an earthquake very close to where you live: check it out.
                                I believe she was also in The Void. Playing Amanda's sister
                                Yeah, she played Grace in The Void.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X