X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    Just wanted to say regarding Ethon:

Spoiler:
    How astoundingly good is the whole Sam/Teal'c relationship? If there is one dynamic on the show that is shamefully under-used, it's that one. Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping were really great in the reunion scene. Those are the little moments that have been missing all year. And all that one brief exchange did was remind me how much I want to see Sam interacting with both Teal'c and Daniel. These characters are family to each other, not coworkers or fellow soldiers, and certainly not strangers. It's been a ridiculous trend on the writers' part to include Mitchell in virtually every single "character" moment so far this season. I know they want us to feel like he's one of the team, but in making such an effort to push him forward and catch him up, they've denied Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel the chance to be the closest of friends we've seen them become. Here's hoping that Ethon starts a trend and Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c begin acting a bit more like themselves in upcoming episodes.

This isn't intended as a jab at Mitchell, but I really would have relished the continuation of the three-man team. The relationships among Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel (and O'neill) are exactly what has made me such a crazy fan of the show. Sure, I like the action as much as the next guy; sure, the mythology was always a draw for me; without a doubt, the Stargate itself is just a great concept; honestly, I could really do without the space battles most of the time. But that's neither here nor there. No, in spite of all that, it is the characters and their interactions with each other that keep me coming back. It's the sense of shared experience, of loss and happiness, of success and defeat that has kept the show around for so long. That's at least what has kept me around so long. And I've not had my surfeit yet. For the love of God, how hard can it possibly be to keep the team in mind when writing most scripts?
    And they are exactly the kinds of moments that many of us are missing.
    Spoiler:
    It seems that the writers have been given their agenda by a higher power (maybe an Ori?) to keep the new character at the forefront no matter what. We, as fans, have eight years of context and expectations for Sam, T, and Daniel ... we cannot just absorb Cam so readily into that. The balance/counter-balance thing hasn't been there until now when we're starting to have some brief encounters and looks that give us hope. Add your new characters, but build on the solid foundation of the veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Spoiler:
      It seems that the writers have been given their agenda by a higher power (maybe an Ori?) to keep the new character at the forefront no matter what. We, as fans, have eight years of context and expectations for Sam, T, and Daniel ... we cannot just absorb Cam so readily into that. The balance/counter-balance thing hasn't been there until now when we're starting to have some brief encounters and looks that give us hope. Add your new characters, but build on the solid foundation of the veterans.

I could not have written that better myself, so I won't even try....ditto what ChopinGal said.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mandysg1
        Was pouring down when I got up. FOR PETE'S SAKE it's February in Canada it's not suppose to rain, it's suppose to SNOW
        Originally posted by minigeek
        Quit complainin'!! You'll anger the weather gods...
        Um Sorry for the snow storm
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56

She's MIGHT fine... and she can act too. The whole Shabang
          WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how hot r those pics *extinguishes computer*

Comment

Carter is a great character.
            Would like to see more science Sam and especially more soldier Sam and leader Sam.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Samanda on page 2 ... No can do!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Um Sorry for the snow storm
                *sigh*

Iiiiii tollld ya.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I am a bit of an amateur actor and took a seminar this weekend in improvisational scene work. The instructor told us the huge importance of establishing normalcy before you introduce crisis. You have to make the audience care about the characters before you will care if they get in trouble.

The whole problem with the way Mitchell has been written is that his ACTION as a hero has been forced on us to make us care. Even in the early eps where he's trying to do Jack/Funny, we don't get a sense of what Mitchell's "normal" is. We know Daniel loves to read and research. We know Jack loves to fish and relax. T'ealc meditates. Amanda loves to experiment and pioneer. But what does Mitchell do? What is his normal? Who is he anyway?

I honestly don't think it's the actor's fault, but to quote from an old movie, "The Four Seasons", Mitchell is just a hole where jack used to be.

Comment

Sorry mini
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Sorry mini
                      Whoops... didn't mean to shoot out yer eye there, darlin'. Here, lemme just put it back in for ya.

mini(is this your finger?)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Spoiler:
                        well said.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Spoiler:
                        I know everyone wants there to be a clear chain of command, but honestly the only people who would be required to follow those chains of commands are Sam and Mitchell. Regardless of what is asked of them, neither Teal'c nor Daniel is obligated to do so and we've seen instances in the past when they have chosen to go against Jack's suggestions and do as they saw fit. Honestly, I don't really believe the result last night would have been any different or been attained any quicker if Mitchell was sololy in command. I believe he still would have looked to Sam and Teal'c for their input before deciding Daniel's fate.
                        Spoiler:
                        u may be right about the CoC only mattering to Sam and Mitchell (though i do disagree). but from what we've seen of Sam (and Jack) neither would have had to delay for Teal'c's input because they know what he thinks and they know THEY need to make the decision.

if nothing else, there's needs to be a clear CO simply for housekeeping and paperwork reasons. wonder who gets to do all that lovely paperwork? don't think the pentagon would appreciate 2 seperate people
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

How dare this drop so low! Bumping it back up

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Ahh! I want that smiley! it's too cute? Where did you find it ?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              Ahh! I want that smiley! it's too cute? Where did you find it ?
                              Its one of the originals just do : ( without the space
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Time to bump up

Psst! Hey Carter! I'm over here.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X