Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, one other thing:
    Spoiler:
    I did like Carter's interaction with Minister Chaska. Very nice.

Comment

I just read a hilarious little Teal'C/Thor crack!fic ... lol

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2604405/1/

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh and another great Sam moment from Ethon:
        Spoiler:
        her being typically heroic staying at her post to get the power set up so others could get off the Prometheus. She risked getting blown up with the ship. *We* knew she'd get out, but *she* didn't. Loved how AT played ordering the guy to go. Just a quiet order, no histrionics--but you knew she knew the potential consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          I just read a hilarious little Teal'C/Thor crack!fic ... lol

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2604405/1/

mini
          Oh yea, I remember that one, it was hilarious
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Welcome back Tracy Jane, hope you had a good time in France
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by mandySG1
              My general thoughts:
              Spoiler:

Found the ep enjoyable overall and certainly the 2nd best of the season. Keep in mind that it's all relative, of course.

I was extremely confused about whether and when SG-1 got leave to undertake this mission. What SG-1 planned to do was a big deal, and the lack of approval from a higher-up made no sense.

**Yeah, this bothered me as well. I was expecting to see Mitchell or Sam to at least pick up the phone and call Washington, even if we didn't actually hear the conversation.

The beer scene was also very weird; wrenched me completely out of the story.

**I also found this scene to be a bit strange. I enjoyed the exchanged between Daniel and Mitchell, but I really didn't see the reason for tossing a beer into the picture. Oddly, the first thought to enter my mind when I was watching this scene was "As many times as Jack has mentioned beer or drank on the show, I don't recall ever seeing Jack drink a beer while on base and I wondered if that was due to RDA's respect for the military and his ability to protest against such scenes or if the writers are once again just trying to portray Mitchell as a good ole boy.

I've also noticed that the writers seem to be going out of their way to write bonding scenes between Mitchell and the other characters( especially Daniel ), but they really aren't allowing us to see the other characters in similiar situations without Mitchell present.

Regarding the command issue on the Prometheus, I was displeased that Carter didn't clearly make a decision.

**I think what we saw on the Prometheus was neither Sam or Mitchell wanting to make a decision that would possibly cause harm to Daniel. By attacking the satellite, they were more than likely sentencing Daniel to death because they didn't believe the Rand President would allow him to live after being attacked. I think both were hoping the other would make the final call. I think under any other circumstance they both would have made a much quicker decision. If you think about it, SG-1 and the Prometheus were here to help the planet, but we had nothing really to gain by our interaction other than the fact that we may be slowing the Ori down a bit. The idea of losing Daniel inorder to save a planet that they had no real interest probably weighed very heavy on their minds.

Finally, I found it inconceivable that SG-1 would take President False Pretenses at his word about the deal. Regardless, why leave that Ori-derived tech standing in any case?

**I do have to admit that when Daniel asked Mitchell to stand down the first thing in my mind was "Daniel, please don't do it. They are lying to you. The satellite must be destroyed!", but I think I would have been even more disappointed by not seeing that compassionate side of Daniel come out in this situation. I for one expect him to do whatever he can to obtain a peaceful resolution. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee a happy ending as was the case in Ethon.

Comment

Correcting the attribution...
                Originally posted by DEM
                Spoiler:
                Regarding the command issue on the Prometheus, I was displeased that Carter didn't clearly make a decision.
                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Spoiler:
                I think what we saw on the Prometheus was neither Sam or Mitchell wanting to make a decision that would possibly cause harm to Daniel. ... I think both were hoping the other would make the final call. I think under any other circumstance they both would have made a much quicker decision.
                Be that as it may,
                Spoiler:
                someone had to make a decision and make it quickly. That's what a CO does. Mitchell finally made the call, while Carter did not. I don't think she even explicitly concurred. I found that dissatisfying. In addition, despite all the winks and nudges Kindler inserted regarding who's in charge, the writers seem no closer to directly addressing and resolving the problematic nature of co-command and, based on JoeM's comments, will not do so for the remainder of this season. Much as I appreciate that Mitchell has not usurped Carter's position entirely, I grow tired of the equivocation.

Comment

hot aint the word, she is FINE. Shes geourgous as well as kick a$$

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Correcting the attribution...
                    Be that as it may,
                    Spoiler:
                    someone had to make a decision and make it quickly. That's what a CO does. Mitchell finally made the call, while Carter did not. I don't think she even explicitly concurred. I found that dissatisfying. In addition, despite all the winks and nudges Kindler inserted regarding who's in charge, the writers seem no closer to directly addressing and resolving the problematic nature of co-command and, based on JoeM's comments, will not do so for the remainder of this season. Much as I appreciate that Mitchell has not usurped Carter's position entirely, I grow tired of the equivocation.
                    Spoiler:

Yes, Mitchell did give the final command, but I also saw Mitchell look to Sam for a reaction and Sam and Mitchell both looked to Teal'c and it was only after Teal'c appeared to nod slightly that Mitchell gave the ok.

I know everyone wants there to be a clear chain of command, but honestly the only people who would be required to follow those chains of commands are Sam and Mitchell. Regardless of what is asked of them, neither Teal'c nor Daniel is obligated to do so and we've seen instances in the past when they have chosen to go against Jack's suggestions and do as they saw fit. Honestly, I don't really believe the result last night would have been any different or been attained any quicker if Mitchell was sololy in command. I believe he still would have looked to Sam and Teal'c for their input before deciding Daniel's fate.

Kat
                    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 04 February 2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hey Carter stop hogging the covers
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

She's MIGHT fine... and she can act too. The whole Shabang

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                        Lister: 'Why not?'
                        Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                        Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                        Rimmer: 'See who?'
                        Cat: 'The king.'
                        Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                        Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                        Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Amanda is SO hot, my new hubby has bought us tickets to GABIT, in London, and we live in the states. He's not even a Sci-fi fan, but he sure does watch AT! :
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

as to sam and pendergast and the prometheus
                            Spoiler:

it totally made sense to me for her to stay behind for damage control, then to work to get hte transporters working, and to get others to leave

first, i belive they made an allusion to sam working on promie to be part of what she did during her 6 episode sabbatical. and i think they even mentioned her working on it. (didn't she say in ripple effect that she helped build it?)

they established back in prometheus unbound that sam helped build it

her attitude is very much a propriatary one. and i don't mean that meanly, i mean it in the fact that since she had her hands in building most of it, she's very familar wiht how things work and the most logical person to stay to help keep it afloat.

her attitude with 'you go' while she stays behind. that's how sam is. that's how jack would be, that's how, imho, any good officer is, taking responsibility to insure the safety of others under thier command - even if that guy wasn't specifically UNDER her command, he was still a subordinate. your 'men' eat first, sleep first, go home first. you, as CO are the first to arrive and the last to leave...and if you have to go down with the ship to save the lives of 20 more, you go down with the ship

sam being with promie also accounts for her and pendergast's familiarity. i'm willing to bet the two of them crawled through more than one jeffries tube to work on something

i'm sad to see promie go. i wish it could make me think that they'll use the gate more, but i have a funny feeling that earth is gonna find itself another ship pretty soon.

tehy can't take on the lucian alliance like it's been suggested that they will if they don't have a ship. and after all, this IS scifi and simply must have the requisite number of boobs, butts, bombs and ships

i'm willing to bet that, by the end of s10, sg1 somehow gets their hands on a space ship
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say regarding Ethon:

Spoiler:
                              How astoundingly good is the whole Sam/Teal'c relationship? If there is one dynamic on the show that is shamefully under-used, it's that one. Chris Judge and Amanda Tapping were really great in the reunion scene. Those are the little moments that have been missing all year. And all that one brief exchange did was remind me how much I want to see Sam interacting with both Teal'c and Daniel. These characters are family to each other, not coworkers or fellow soldiers, and certainly not strangers. It's been a ridiculous trend on the writers' part to include Mitchell in virtually every single "character" moment so far this season. I know they want us to feel like he's one of the team, but in making such an effort to push him forward and catch him up, they've denied Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel the chance to be the closest of friends we've seen them become. Here's hoping that Ethon starts a trend and Carter, Daniel, and Teal'c begin acting a bit more like themselves in upcoming episodes.

This isn't intended as a jab at Mitchell, but I really would have relished the continuation of the three-man team. The relationships among Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel (and O'neill) are exactly what has made me such a crazy fan of the show. Sure, I like the action as much as the next guy; sure, the mythology was always a draw for me; without a doubt, the Stargate itself is just a great concept; honestly, I could really do without the space battles most of the time. But that's neither here nor there. No, in spite of all that, it is the characters and their interactions with each other that keep me coming back. It's the sense of shared experience, of loss and happiness, of success and defeat that has kept the show around for so long. That's at least what has kept me around so long. And I've not had my surfeit yet. For the love of God, how hard can it possibly be to keep the team in mind when writing most scripts?

Comment

Hey Sky I was thinking of you and how much you like Sam/Teal'c when I posted this

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Here's some food for thought for those who wonder about the S/T relationship

Notice how Sam and Teal'c dress alike

and how Daniel and Jack dress alike.

Can we read anything into this
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X