Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Hi didn't get to see tonight's episode, so did anyone watch it? I just wanted to know if I should tape the second airing. yay or nay? On a scale 1 (disappointing) to 5 (awesome) what is your rating for tonight’s episode?
    Tape it, ann! I'd give it a 4 and was pleasantly surprised. Thought revisiting this planet was going to be rather b-o-r-i-n-g but the story was good, reminded me of the ethical/moral dilemmas posed in The Other Side years ago. And I thought the ending was true to the whole premise.

Loved the unexpected twist in the middle
    Spoiler:
    when the Prometheus was blown up but hated to see the commander die. Keeping us in suspense about Carter was excellent but how did she escape without a scratch while Pendergast died? I didn't have a problem with Cam and Daniel sharing some brew at the end of a hard mission. In fact, it seemed to make Cam a bit more likeable in my book - the way he walked in and offered a can of beer to Daniel, very relaxed, laid back. Male bonding. The tone was friendly but the dialogue was serious and there was a lesson to be learned.
    Everything seemed to work in this episode and SG-1 were a team, facing the peril together and using their individual skills to try to save the day! Hot dang, they got it right!

Hmm, next week's preview ...
    Spoiler:
    was that blood on Sam's face? Some whumpage perhaps? We are overdo ....
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 February 2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I actually enjoyed it a lot. I agree that it's probably the best team episode we've had this season. The spoilers hinted that this was a Daniel episode, and it was, but I think they did a really good job of incorporating the entire team. Loved Teal'c and Daniel. Lots of Sam doing what she does best and even Mitchell was in top form tonight, in my opinion.

Biggest disappointment
      Spoiler:
      They kill off another recurring character (one whom I kept hoping would survive) and they blew up the Prometheus.

As AGateFan has already stated, I think the beer thing should never have been added. Mitchell could have chatted with Daniel just as easily without offering him a beer on base. That's the only thing I saw with Mitchell tonight that made me shake my head, but once again I blame the writer's because there really wasn't a need for that in my opinion.

There were a few other issues I had with the episode, but I have to say overall I was just really pleased that none of the characters were written badly in the episode.

Can't wait till next week.

Kat

but was that
      Spoiler:
      Beer? I kept looking but couldn't recognize if it was beer for sure. I enjoyed the show and will also miss Pendergast. I really liked him too If we're rating 1-5, 5 being best, I'd give it a 3.5

Comment

yes, as everyones said
        Spoiler:
        the beer thing was totally unnecessary.
        just goes to show sam deserves to be CO over him!
        still seriously annoyed by that. i mean WHY? what did mitchell ever do? he's a PIOLET who'd never worked out of the SGC from what we know. so he just steps in and kicks sam out of her position?!!?
        ok, rant done.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
          but was that
          Spoiler:
          Beer? I kept looking but couldn't recognize if it was beer for sure. I enjoyed the show and will also miss Pendergast. I really liked him too If we're rating 1-5, 5 being best, I'd give it a 3.5
          Yes it was
          Spoiler:
          Beer - two cans of Coors Light
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Daniel: You've actually kept track of Sam's schedule so you can "accidentally" run into her?
            yeah!

sighs all sam/jack squooshy

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Look even AT is a football fan

GO STEELERS!!!! WOOHOO!
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I agree with those of you who liked tonight's episode. I think it was well balanced characterwise and had an interesting storyline. And like many of you I was also expecting a boring story since I didn't enjoy Icon very much.

Spoiler:
                I really enjoyed Science!Sam and I also enjoyed Sam working with the woman leader, had a nice feel to it.
                I think it was cool to see the F-302's in action, that was a nice bit. Too bad Sam didn't get to fly one, but I guess she was more valuable and needed on the ship!
                What I also enjoyed was that they all finally seemed to care about each other, I could actually feel it this time. I especially liked Sam's and Tealc's scene together, but I wished they would have given Teal'c more to do.

I am also sad to see Pendergast go, he had something...he was a believable commander of the ship.
                And as much as I appreciated Daniel's attempt at reaching a peaceful resolution, I did not believe for one second that the President guy would hold up his end of the bargain, and I didn't think they should have fallen for it.

All in all a good episode. I am actually being hopeful again, given that I enjoyed the last three espisodes alot more than the rest of S9. And I am really, really looking forward to next week.
                Oh, and BTW, GW has pictures up for The Scourge here.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

my review of tonight's ep (ethon), samandan style

spoilers for s9
                  Spoiler:

sam was good in tonights ep.

cons -

co-command. make it sam or mitchell already.

pendergast and the prometheus are gone!! (i really loved the prometheus... a lot of good memories/sam scenes from that ship)

teal'c should have been piloting the ship, not mitchell. (new character taking another established character's role? *snort*)

mitchell drinking beer on base? not sure how i feel about that, but it's a small nitpick.

pros -

co-command. *i know, i'm schizo * as long as NewBoy doesn't take everyone's roles... i loved seeing the moment when mitchell asked sam if she wanted landry's seat.

the battle scenes and prommie being shot at was *fantastic* and then it was destroyed...

good moral dilemma stuff.

daniel was daniel. (love that side of him)

ernie hudson was good. and ended up a good guy!

no one-liner mitchell!

nice sam-teal'c-mitchell reunion scene. especially loved the sam-teal'c moment.

daniel being depressed when he thought his friends were dead. scenes like that make up (somewhat) for the crap we saw in eps like new order. (remember how busted up jack was at sam's presumed death?... he played with the lights. teal'c frowned a moment. daniel at least asked about sam!, but pushed it off quick enough to joke with teal'c about waking up jack)

(dreading next week's ep... all that leather and mitchell's prob just saving his one-liners to use in one huge setting.... *whimpers*)

all in all, a very good ep.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    The ratings are out for Stronghold and GUP:
                    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...uary27ra.shtml

Atlantis beat SG-1 in the first showing... Does anyone think that shows AT has ratings power? Or is it wishful thinking on my part? SG-1fanintn?
                    Absolutely. Combine the grating, egotistical and frantic with the smooth, masterful and enchanting and what you see is AT star power AND ratings...

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      WHY? what did mitchell ever do? he's a PILOT who'd never worked out of the SGC from what we know. so he just steps in and kicks sam out of her position?!! ok, rant done.
                      This is factually untrue. Sam left SG-1 to do R&D. Tealc left SG-1 to do politics. Daniel was angling to go to Atlantis. Mitchell was rewarded with SG-1 for his heroics and he took the intitiative to try and get the team back together. Mitchell did NOT kick Sam out of her position.

Comment

Can only do a quick flyby post tonight, but just had an idea that could keep Samandan's occupied...

How many episodes has Sam worn a Hazmat or other protective suit in? Could we compile a list and collect screencaps for each episode that we come up with?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hi ppo im back

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            Can only do a quick flyby post tonight, but just had an idea that could keep Samandan's occupied...

How many episodes has Sam worn a Hazmat or other protective suit in? Could we compile a list and collect screencaps for each episode that we come up with?
                            Okay, a fan favorite, Singularity ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamHazmat1.jpg

And Revisions ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamHazmat2.jpg

I'll let someone else take a turn now.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Look even AT is a football fan

GO STEELERS!!!! WOOHOO!
                              Yes but Sam is a Hawks Fan lol

Go Hawks
                              sigpic

Comment

She's a Hawkes fan, huh? Hang on, why's she a fan of me? Wow! I have a fan club!! And Sam's in it! Check me out!! Oh... wait... you said Hawks. Oh well.

By the way, Strix, honey, big hugs and lots of love, don't let things get you down. If you ever want a moan, I'm always here for you. xxx

Historian, thanks for clearing up the Prodigy scene, I couldn't remember what was said. And thank you for the wishes.

Mandy, don't worry about the caption thing. I wouldn't have called the pic a particular spoiler either, but everyone has different spoiler levels. Better to be safe than sorry. Noone's having a go.

As for the rest of you, I read about 4 pages then got bored, so I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but wanted to say hello anyway.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X