Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Well according to Thomasina Gibson during one of her chats at Gabit, she and Amanda would occassionally partake of red wine when they were together and stay up until the wee hours of the night chatting. So I would assume this would mean that she does drink alcohol. Maybe she just doesn't care for beer or ale, and it be that she's been limiting herself over the past year due the fact that she's still nursing. I have to admit there were a few times when my daughter was still nursing when I seriously contemplated drinking a glass of wine in hopes that it would make her sleep for more than an hour or two at a time.
    well, i for one can't stand the taste of beer or ale and don't really care for wine. 1 glass of wine will give me a hangover yet i can have several rum and diet cokes and...buzzed and happy
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      you know, if i had an ultimate fantasy, it'd be to spend an afternoon or something and really get to know her. yes, it's nice to see her on stage or in the photo line but...that's just superficial. it'd be nice to get to know the real person.

i would love to be a fly on the wall and...oh hang on the set for a week. not doing anything per se, just being there. seeing it, experiencing it. i'm a geek, i'd find it very interesting.

you really can't appreciate the magic they work with cardboard, plywood adn styrofoam until you see it first hand
      Just to get a chance to see something like this
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

well, i for one can't stand the taste of beer or ale and don't really care for wine. 1 glass of wine will give me a hangover yet i can have several rum and diet cokes and...buzzed and happy
        Do you get an odd look when you order rum with diet coke. I know I've gotten a few comments on that
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah, I'm not big on wine or beer myself. Honestly I'd rather just drink a shot of vodka or tequila and be done with it, but if I'm just drinking to be social then I prefer mixed drinks.

Comment

but you know, i do think that his interactions iwth sam have a lot to do with his changes. by ineracting with sam and watching her solve problems, i think she helped pull his little mind out of the lab and into the real world.
            through her he got to see a different side of things
            I think that's a really great point. I think she affected him a lot more strongly, and deeply, than he affected her. GUP speaks to this: She's the one he hallucinated to be his voice of reason and hope.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            He is a jerk. But he's a jerk with DEPTH. And when David Hewlett plays him, I feel like Rodney's gonna be OK in the long-run, like somehow I can deal with his arrogance, as long as I see him develop more. I truly believe that anyone else would have made his character not ring true somehow. I can't explain it, but DH has done a good job with such an obnoxious character.

And, in my mind, he redeemed himself in Redemption, when he kinda explained why he behaved the way he did, and how he felt about Sam's approach to science. There's gotta be a reason why he is the way he is, and I hope they explain it some time down the road... He's a good character! Honest!
            And a jerk with a lot of potential for more. I think that's what DH brings to the part...he lets you see what Rodney canAnd I agree, they were already showing his potential for humaness in Redemption. They've continued this growth in Atlantis. (He's the only reason I watch. Well, Carson too, but mostly Rodney.)

Comment

Yeah, I'm not big on wine or beer myself. Honestly I'd rather just drink a shot of vodka or tequila and be done with it, but if I'm just drinking to be social then I prefer mixed drinks.
              I just don't care for the taste of alcohol, really.

My LJ

Comment

Well according to Thomasina Gibson during one of her chats at Gabit, she and Amanda would occassionally partake of red wine when they were together and stay up until the wee hours of the night chatting. So I would assume this would mean that she does drink alcohol. Maybe she just doesn't care for beer or ale, and it be that she's been limiting herself over the past year due the fact that she's still nursing. I have to admit there were a few times when my daughter was still nursing when I seriously contemplated drinking a glass of wine in hopes that it would make her sleep for more than an hour or two at a time.
                i'm not a fan of thomasina gibson. she was the author of the illustrated companion books and literally ruined the last installment (seasons 7 and 8) with her anti s/j ship agenda. i returned the book. she's not unbiased.

of course, this has nothing to do with amanda and her being friends.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  I just don't care for the taste of alcohol, really.
                  me either really. i LOVE, though, presidente margaritas from chillis restaurant.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i'm not a fan of thomasina gibson. she was the author of the illustrated companion books and literally ruined the last installment (seasons 7 and 8) with her anti s/j ship agenda. i returned the book. she's not unbiased.

of course, this has nothing to do with amanda and her being friends.
                    sally
                    I suppose that's true, but as a fan of Stargate, I'm not really sure any of us are without our own personal biases. I can understand your feelings regarding the companions, but overall I enjoyed them.

Comment

I suppose that's true, but as a fan of Stargate, I'm not really sure any of us are without our own personal biases. I can understand your feelings regarding the companions, but overall I enjoyed them.
                      oh, i know i have my own biases... but if i were professionally reviewing an ep or writing a piece, i'd sure as heck be as fair and open minded as possible. that didn't happen with miss gibson's books.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm not much for beer or wine either - a Rum and coke is my drink of choice

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          I'm not much for beer or wine either - a Rum and coke is my drink of choice

*deep within the halls of Samanda's royal castle an evil snicker can be heard...

AD are you old enough to drink stuff like that?

sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I do enjoy a glass of wine every now and then. But I do enjoy a cold draft

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

i think my only issue with rod, ok few issues is, at times a little of him goes a long way, and his death syndrome is getting a bit old. poor rod's been around when a lot of people have died. it's getting kinda silly
                              Kinda like black widow Sam. Except Rodney is dangerous to redshirts not his dates.... but then he really cant get dates
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                                AD are you old enough to drink stuff like that?
                                I would only have to say no that if I were in America

Comment

Working...
                                X