No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think my only issue with rod, ok few issues is, at times a little of him goes a long way, and his death syndrome is getting a bit old. poor rod's been around when a lot of people have died. it's getting kinda silly
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      Sam: Teal'c, I don't mind you borrowing one of my tank-tops now and then, but you are not to go anywhere near my underwear drawer again, you understand?

Daniel: Sorry Jack, the memo definitely says it's my turn to wear blue today...
      They're great captions 1speed!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        you know, if i had an ultimate fantasy, it'd be to spend an afternoon or something and really get to know her. yes, it's nice to see her on stage or in the photo line but...that's just superficial. it'd be nice to get to know the real person.

i would love to be a fly on the wall and...oh hang on the set for a week. not doing anything per se, just being there. seeing it, experiencing it. i'm a geek, i'd find it very interesting.

you really can't appreciate the magic they work with cardboard, plywood adn styrofoam until you see it first hand
        Same here Sky! I would love to see Sam/Amanda in the context of actually working on the show. I would most enjoy seeing all the behind the scenes stuff, actually see her at work.
        This is why I love extras on DVD's, especially the little glimpses that they give you about how it's all made and put together. I think you get a much truer view of the actors that way as well.
        I recently watched through a DVD which got released recently. It's an entire DVD just on the making of King Kong. The movie hasn't bee released on DVD yet, but they already have an entire collection of 'making of' documentaries released on this DVD. And it's just brilliant. I love being able to see all the actors, on set, off set, and the way they goof around to the camera all the time. And you get all this information about the sets they create, how they make the bigatures (large miniatures), the time and detail that goes into creating props, of which half don't even get a second's glimpse in the film. Ah, I could go on forever, but as it's not totally Stargate related I'll stop here. I actually wish the Stargate DVD's would have more extras like that. Sometimes I think I actually enjoy watching the extras more than the production itself. Though I probably only appreciate the extras fully because of the fact that I've fallen in love with the production. If that makes any sense.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

i think my only issue with rod, ok few issues is, at times a little of him goes a long way, and his death syndrome is getting a bit old. poor rod's been around when a lot of people have died. it's getting kinda silly
          LOL, it's true. But it kinda goes with SG-1 and how often they've cheated death over the years. Or when a Jaffa could EASILY pick them off point-blank, but they just sit there and ponder the cost of tea on Chulak, while one of the SGC members loads a bunch of bullets into them. Or when the self-destruct ticks away for JUST enough time for Sam to de-activate it, which is usually about three seconds before impending doom. Or when...

You get the picture.

Comment

true. it's just that he's been alone with more folks that have been dying than anyone else on the show

Spoiler:

dr gaul in defiant one, the folks in hotzone, griffin, the guy in intruder. rod's had a singular front row seat to a lot of folks dying

sigpic

Comment

true. it's just that he's been alone with more folks that have been dying than anyone else on the show

Spoiler:

dr gaul in defiant one, the folks in hotzone, griffin, the guy in intruder. rod's had a singular front row seat to a lot of folks dying
              So has Rodney caught up to or surpassed Sam's blackwidow status
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
                I’d like to meet them both, of course. I do think I’d have more to talk about with Sam, though – I’d love to know what language she wrote the Gate interface in, for example how the naquadah reactors work, and is the Mark II version using a buffer like the Prometheus’ original hyperdrive did, as a kind of high-pass filter, instead of a clipping filter; what are the fire suppression systems like in a ha’tak, or better yet, an alkesh, since the Goa’uld will have those torches and open braziers everywhere; I’d like to know about the internal design, components, functionality, all that, of a DHD; I’d love to know how the inertial dampers and artificial gravity work on Goa’uld and Tau’ri vessels, and is it different in Asgard technology; how Goa’uld and Asgard hyperdrive works, and the Asgard beaming technology, of course; I'd like to know if she's tried building another 'one-shot ZPM' since the SGC has the plans from Jack's original device; I’d even like to know how one goes about enhancing a nuclear weapon with naquadah – does it just go in the device’s casing or does it have to be incorporated in or among the pieces of fissionable material so that it becomes part of the critical mass when the weapon is triggered. And then there’re all the worlds she’s been to – the things she’s seen and done… Which worlds had the most beautiful skies, the most beautiful sunrises, sunsets, the most spectacular scenery, plains, forests, mountains, oceans… Does she the Goa’uld brought flora from Earth and seeded it around when they seeded humans after looking at all those pine trees? What’s the most moons that any planet she’s been on has had, and what did that do to the tides, if she was near the ocean? Has she ever been close enough to the galactic center to see a night sky with almost no darkness in it because there are so many stars so close? And, of course, there’s always flying, projectile weapons, horses, books, computers, cats and fast cars to be discussed, too.

I would love to ask Amanda, though if, knowing what she knows about Sam and her life, she has any words of wisdom, advice, approval or admonition she’d want to deliver to Sam, if Sam were a real person

I don’t know if my affection for Sam bleeds over into my affection for Amanda at all – I think I have a separate affection for each, but readily admit I can identify far more readily with Sam. :helpless shrug: And no, I don’t confuse the two – though I sometimes think the production company does. (No other explanation has ever occurred to me for that pink girly-cute-couture-ish-nubby-weave jacket with the precious, self-fringed lapels from Affinity. It just seemed like Sam had been dressed with the contents of someone else’s closet! )
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  So has Rodney caught up to or surpassed Sam's blackwidow status
                  dunno, i really need to re-watch eps and get an accurate count.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    1speed told me after game 2 he had the letters to put "Vala" down but didn't dare. Wise move Tone, very wise move
                    Oh, dear. I can see the scene that would have followed playing out in front of my eyes right now. It's rather... messy.
                    Very wise move.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

spoilers for s9's ripple effect

Spoiler:
                      i was lying in bed, thinking about ripple effect. other than the HORRIBLE almost kiss between sam and martouf whimpers, i do NOT understand why there wasn't a substantial sam-janet scene in that ep! okay, we got the BRIEF moment between them at the end, but sam and janet were *best friends*, so... why? WHY?

really, can anyone figure this out?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

That's funny because RE is on right now, and I had to sit through the Asgard Interuptus once again
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          spoilers for s9's ripple effect

Spoiler:
                          i was lying in bed, thinking about ripple effect. other than the HORRIBLE almost kiss between sam and martouf whimpers, i do NOT understand why there wasn't a substantial sam-janet scene in that ep! okay, we got the BRIEF moment between them at the end, but sam and janet were *best friends*, so... why? WHY?

really, can anyone figure this out?

sally
                          umm...someone in the writer's room bringing a bottle of wine?????

i don't get it.

Spoiler:
                          sam and marty are over and old school whereas sam and janet is still a raw gaping wound. i don't understand why they didn't even think of bringing janet and sam back together

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            That's funny because RE is on right now, and I had to sit through the Asgard Interuptus once again
                            lol

wasn't that great?

i think thor's got his buddies convinced to be s&j shippers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              I think ChopinGal was speaking tongue in cheek there

I have always assumed Amanda drank alcohol - apart from during her pregnancy. Am I wrong to assume this?
                              Well according to Thomasina Gibson during one of her chats at Gabit, she and Amanda would occassionally partake of red wine when they were together and stay up until the wee hours of the night chatting. So I would assume this would mean that she does drink alcohol. Maybe she just doesn't care for beer or ale, and it be that she's been limiting herself over the past year due the fact that she's still nursing. I have to admit there were a few times when my daughter was still nursing when I seriously contemplated drinking a glass of wine in hopes that it would make her sleep for more than an hour or two at a time.

Comment

Uh oh here comes the
                                Spoiler:
                                underwear
                                scene again
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X