Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?
    Carter

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?
    Uh... don't know.

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
    Yes, when Carter wears pink... or sweater sets... or both.

Comment

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?
      I have to choose? I wanna meet them both.

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?
      Very little. There have been times where I've been upset with Sam or angry at her. But never Amanda.

Never.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
        Also did this one:

Who is your Stargate Boyfriend?

Hee.
        Wow, I had a tie between Daniel and McKay. Don't ask me how I managed that. ROFL. Which is probably more accurate than not. I really find smart men attractive. Big muscles are great for eye candy, but if there's nothing upstairs I tend to loose interest quickly. The question that I really think they should have asked though is if you prefer a man who has a good sense of humor, because that's also a quality that is really important to me. Physically Jack is probably my ideal man, but mentally I probably would have been drawn to Daniel or McKay.

Comment

Posted by Strix varia:
          Cool questions! Have to say Amanda.

Quote:
          Not much. Actually, I starting watching SG-1 more often because I liked what Amanda was doing with the character, and that made the series more appealing to me. I didn't know who Amanda was until I made a point to dig into who the "actress who plays Sam Carter" was.

Quote:

Nope. (Are you deciding which of us needs to be locked up in a padded room? )

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            (Are you deciding which of us needs to be locked up in a padded room? )
            Isnt that all of us

My answers:

Both
            I also only came to know Amanda after watching stargate but am not entirely sure what the question means
            Nope

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Wow, that's a tough one for me. Off the top of my head I would probably say Amanda. However, when I start thinking about it, I can't decide. Really, it is Sam Carter I know more about, and if she were a real person I would be very intrigued to meet her, given her smarts, her experiences, and her accomplishments. On the other hand, Amanda also fascinates me a lot, given her kindness, the way she cares for her fans, her humor (very intriguing), and her talents and smarts. I think, she too, has accomplished a lot.
              Okay, I guess, I can't decide.

Probably quite a bit. But I also think that Amanda's personality bleeds over into my perception of Carter.

I'd like to think that I don't, but given the fact that Amanda has added so much of herself to Carter, and we don't really know how much of today's Carter is Amanda, I guess I might not be able to separate them all the time, without knowing it, though. Does that even make any sense? I mean, I don't think that Amanda IS Carter, if that's what you're asking. I am just wondering how much of Carter is actually Amanda.
              Last edited by Dani76; 02 February 2006, 11:43 AM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Both actually. Sam cause she's so frellin' intelligent and focused. I think it would be a hoot to try an loosen her up some. Not in a bad way...just teach her how to have a little more fun in her life.

Amanda - cause she seems so genuinely kind and affectionate (from what those who've seen/met her have said).

Not a lot actually. I see Sam as totally different from Amanda (not to say that Amanda isn't as intelligent as Sam though). I don't see Amanda as that uptight and focused in her down time. Heck I don't really see her as that uptight during her work hours...focused, yes.

Nope. Sam is a character that Amanda plays.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Here's some food for thought for those who wonder about the S/T relationship

Notice how Sam and Teal'c dress alike

and how Daniel and Jack dress alike.

Can we read anything into this
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

That one can find screen caps to support any interpretation, no matter how insane?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Here's some food for thought for those who wonder about the S/T relationship
                      http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/5923/801x3014jd.jpg
                      Notice how Sam and Teal'c dress alike

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...ebius1x028.jpg
                      and how Daniel and Jack dress alike.

Noooo!!! Dont go there!!!
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I got a tie between Carson Beckett and Jack.
                        Hey, Carson's not so bad. And at least Jack was up there. Well of course, since Jack is my secret TV affair, of course I would think that. (My secret TV boyfriend must never find out.)

Comment

Well Strix, I see you're trying to seperate the fans from the fanatics

I would hope no one would have trouble seperating the two, or else may have to set up new thread : For those who need Stargate Psychiatric Treatment
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                            That one can find screen caps to support any interpretation, no matter how insane?
                            Ah but look at the way Jack is eying Daniel
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Amanda

I think it was actually the other way around for me. I always enjoyed Sam, but it wasn't until after I had seen Amanda in a behind-the-screen special and saw how truly witty and charming she was that I really began to adore Sam as a character.

No, from what I have seen of Amanda her personality is very different than how I percieve Sam to be.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 February 2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Wow, I had a tie between Daniel and McKay. Don't ask me how I managed that. ROFL. Which is probably more accurate than not. I really find smart men attractive. Big muscles are great for eye candy, but if there's nothing upstairs I tend to loose interest quickly. The question that I really think they should have asked though is if you prefer a man who has a good sense of humor, because that's also a quality that is really important to me. Physically Jack is probably my ideal man, but mentally I probably would have been drawn to Daniel or McKay.
                                See, I would argue that Jack is most definately intelligent, but he chooses to hide it. But since this isn't a Jack thread, I won't go into all the details regarding that perception.

As for the question regarding who I would rather meet, Sam or Amanda I'd say Sam because Astrophysics is just way cool. My boss' boss (before I went on indefinate medical leave, ) is engaged to an astrophysicist. I'm very jealous of him.

I don't think my perception of Sam bleeds into Amanda much at all. Though, after all these years, I'd venture to say there is a lot of Amanda in Sam. I've never had the chance to see her in person, but her interviews have given me a chance to see her own personality, outside of Sam.

And no, I don't think I have trouble separating them.

Comment

Working...
                                X