Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i think back to cam vs jonas. with jonas, well they kinda let him ease his way in. i do like how his and sam's relationship changed over the season. with jonas she was easier adn more mellow and almost big sistery

with sam and cam...yes, they do know each other but there are times when i think that sam sees cam as...her brother's annoying friend. who has his moments and is a lot of fun...but also is annoying as all get out and there are moments when she wants nothing more than to slap him upside the head and yell 'grow up!!'
    Nice comparison. And, of course, when I think of THAT, I think of her, "Chicken Sh-" line with Jonas and her, "Theoretically... Yeess..." line, and the accompanying look on her face.

While I agree with Sam's "grow up!" mentality, I'd like to think that Cameron and Sam could continue that burgeoning brother-sister dynamic. Especially considering we don't seem to get that vibe between Sam/Daniel or Sam/Teal'c anymore.

Comment

there are moments when she [Sam] wants nothing more than to slap him [Cameron] upside the head and yell 'grow up!!'
      I have those moments too. Lots of those moments.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        D'oh!!! I just knew somebody would spot that...

But it's harder than it looks, honest - you can spend all day thinking up great Sam-related words to put down, but then in the heat of battle, when the letters just don't fall right (and, erm, drink has been taken ), it all goes to pieces so fast any bystanders risk getting hit by the shrapnel.
        Yeah, yeah, yeah ... you and the RA were kicking back the Royal Sloe Gin and all that malt whiskey and beer, it's a wonder the gameboard stayed upright! However, I hope neither of you were too sloshed to have missed out on what would have been the winning combination of letters to play: ZPM and I would have been looking for a triple-word score to settle those letters into. I can see that the standard rules (no proper nouns or abbreviations, etc.) did not apply. Have you answered this question yet: who won both games?!

Just to know: you both owe me a game!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Yeah, yeah, yeah ... you and the RA were kicking back the Royal Sloe Gin and all that malt whiskey and beer, it's a wonder the gameboard stayed upright! However, I hope neither of you were too sloshed to have missed out on what would have been the winning combination of letters to play: ZPM and I would have been looking for a triple-word score to settle those letters into. I can see that the standard rules (no proper nouns or abbreviations, etc.) did not apply. Have you answered this question yet: who won both games?!

Just to know: you both owe me a game!
          I believe honours were shared. Probably.

But I'd suggest you don't ask the RA about *that* word in Game 2, or she'll be burning with the fires of righteous indignation again.

Comment

1speed4Sam imbibes??????? Say it ain't so!!!!!! Ask yourself, would Amanda approve? Well, probably if it's single malt.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I did the Which Character test and got:

Which Stargate character are you?

Also did this one:

Who is your Stargate Boyfriend?

Hee.

Comment

i thought we'd all planned to simply flood bridge with 'welcome back' letters/cards, etc

that way everyone can do thier own thing and amanda can get a lot of good vibes as she returns
                Good idea. I'd love to see mailbags full of cards and letters for AT (like the Santa cards scene in Miracle on 34th Street.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  D'oh!!! I just knew somebody would spot that...

But it's harder than it looks, honest - you can spend all day thinking up great Sam-related words to put down, but then in the heat of battle, when the letters just don't fall right (and, erm, drink has been taken ), it all goes to pieces so fast any bystanders risk getting hit by the shrapnel.
                  1speed told me after game 2 he had the letters to put "Vala" down but didn't dare. Wise move Tone, very wise move

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

Also did this one:

Who is your Stargate Boyfriend?

Hee.
                    I got a tie between Carson Beckett and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      1speed4Sam imbibes??????? Say it ain't so!!!!!! Ask yourself, would Amanda approve? Well, probably if it's single malt.
                      I think imbibes is a gentle word for it! He's off to a beer fest in a couple of weeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        1speed told me after game 2 he had the letters to put "Vala" down but didn't dare. Wise move Tone, very wise move
                        Yes, hate to think what would have happened if he made such a bold move! "Sam Carter" would have taken retaliatory action for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                          I think imbibes is a gentle word for it! He's off to a beer fest in a couple of weeks!!
                          LOL 1speed sure gets around. As to Amanda "approving", I believe there's a photo somewhere of AT drawing a pint from the hotel's bar whilst we all were at GABIT!

Comment

Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?

My LJ

Comment

For the character test I got

And for the Stargate boyfriend I got

No no say it isn't so! (runs away to hide under table and cry in beer)
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Julia originally posted this note on the Gabit thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well. If you have had the opportunity to meet Amanda and wouldn't mind briefly sharing your experience, Julia/G4( Gabit Organizers) would like to hear from you.

Originally posted by JuliaR
                                Hi folks,

I'm about to create a new section on the Gabit website called "Meet
                                Amanda". This will be a section consisting purely of comments from
                                people who have actually met her at AT1 (or elsewhere) to project to others what she's like offscreen and how she made you feel when you met her. So, can I have two to three sentences maximum each from everyone who wants to contribute to this section please. They need to be short to the point pieces. I also need your name and country of origin for the posts. It should end up as a nice section reflecting the lady herself.

Thanks. Send them to my personal addy [email protected]

If anyone isn't on this thread and is over on the Samandan thread instead that you know of who has met her, they're welcome to send me their comments as well.

Thanks.

Julia
                                G4
                                Originally posted by JuliaR

*snip*
                                I need it in just a couple of sentences - you know, when you met her what impression she gave you as a person, or what your impression was of her, seeing her at the convention. It's to give people who haven't met her an idea of what Amanda is like.

Julia
                                (hoping Amanda's fans, especially the Gabiteers, can get typing quickly!)
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 February 2006, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X