Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    Oh yes. That would be fabulous. And a crossover that I might actually read if someone were to write it. *hint, hint*
    i doubt that'll ever happen. the 'strangest' crossovers i've pulled off were pretender/stargate, profiler/pretender/stargate and west wing/stargate
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Add me to the list of scooter riders. I bought a Yamaha Zuma last fall when the price of gas went sky high, mainly because the gas mileage is so good. But of course now, I love it because it’s just plain fun to ride. Its top speed is only 40 mph, so it’s not up to Sam’s need for speed, but it’s great for riding around town. I now look for excuses to run those little errands that used to annoy me so much.

NC
      Last edited by NearlyCircular; 01 February 2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        Add me to the list of scooter riders. I bought a Yamaha Zuma last fall when the price of gas went sky high, mainly because the gas mileage is so good. But of course now, I love it because it’s just plain fun to ride. It’s top speed is only 40 mph, so it’s not up to Sam’s need for speed, but it’s great for riding around town. I now look for excuses to run those little errands that used to annoy me so much.

NC
        Hey I'm sure if Sam had one, she'd do a little tweaking and it would go a lot faster
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

All this talk of motorcycles and scooters has re-awaken my dream motorcycle.
          If I ever have enough money I might finally get an vintage Indian by H.D..

Classic riding, while looking cool.

Comment

yeah, she'd be rigging up a naq reactor to soup it up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              oh i wish!
              oh you are!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                OK, I just took the Personality Test a couple of times so I could cover all the possible answers, and both times it told me...

Hmm, now why do I find that strangely cool...
                Because you're a bad, bad boy!

The Stargate Scrabble is brilliant!! I'd suggest that any Samandans traveling to cons this year should throw a scrabble board into their suitcase and begin a marathon game at the local hotel! What a hoot!

Oh, who won?! Jack or Sam?

I tested out as Jonas.

Comment

ChopinGal
                  I tested out as Jonas.
                  Did you do the other personality test.

I tested out as Sam and then as a Guardian. I guess the two go together
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Actually, I see Carter as a true professional. She would show Rodney just as much respect as she would show any other member of her sceintific team. Sure he would get on her nerves a little more then most and she may be provoked into a bit of snark. But I hink if she spent a lot of time around him she would get the Sheppard type attitude. Hes a good person who can just be kinda clueless. Sometimes you just got to 'see how people are and expect them to be that way'.
                    Ah, but I didn't say she wouldn't treat him with respect. I have no doubt that she would. And that she already respects his mind, and his science. I don't think, based on what Carter has seen of Rodney up thill this point that she could respect him as a person yet.

But treating someone with respect is more about yourself, and how you wish to be, your inherent values, more than about if you actually respect them.

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    I think Carter is as compasionate as Rodneys subconcous thinks. I dont think she would be nearly as judgemental as some people seem to. I think that if they were on a team she would see him as sort of the annoying little brother and really look out for him kinda like Sheppard does. The only difference would be she would have a chance of winning more arguements then Sheppard does (although he is pretty bright). Just IMHO
                    If they were on a team she would probably come to that place, sure. But the orginal question, several posts back now, was someone asking if Carter liked Rodney now, in the present. Sam hasn't had the chance to see Rodney in Atlantis, and see him over a long period of time, to have a more balanced view of him. Up till this point, with the exception of the scene in the infirmary, she's seen the worst of Rodney. I think he opened her eyes to the possible human side in that scene, but I don't think it was enough to move her from "moving past hate, and coming close to despising" him to liking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      The ratings are out for Stronghold and GUP:
                      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...uary27ra.shtml

Atlantis beat SG-1 in the first showing... Does anyone think that shows AT has ratings power? Or is it wishful thinking on my part? SG-1fanintn?
                      hehe, i thought that too!

but who really knows the reason. i'd like to think it's because they advertised this ep really well, and that ppl wanted to see sam in this episode (seeing her different and such).

here's a different and topic-changing post. if the ptb said they were only going to keep mitchell OR vala on the show now - which one would you pick to stay on the series?

for me, it's a toss. both characters have been given some of sam's attributes, so... i guess.... AH, i don't know! on any given day i'll change my mind.

if mitchell stays the same, let it be vala that remains.

if vala stays the same (as she was in those first few eps), let mitchell remain.

it's hard for me to erase what influence these characters have on MY FAVE character. there's the sam/mitchell shared command issue, and with vala, it's the sam/vala shared x-host and leading lady issue.

speaking as purely a sam fan, it doesn't feel like they added these characters to contribute and add to the existing characters, but to take over, so to speak, some of their places on the show.

so, who would you guys pick?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Stargate goes back into production on Feb 20. I believe there was talk of organising a gift to send to Amanda when they came back for s10?

Comment

with sam and rodney, i think her line from gup sums it up
                          Spoiler:
                          just in case. she says he's petty, arrogant and bad with people

so while she may respect his science and intelligence, as a person he soooo gets under her skin. he's an arrogant little bug of a person...who also happens to challenge her and make her think.

that is a great aspect of their relationship, that rod pushes her and makes her think and prove herself. she's not awed by her intellict like i think jack and hammy are, he's on par with her ideas.

the big difference between the two of them is that sam has far more practical knowledge than rod has (well prior to atlantis that is) and because of that, she is a bit more grounded. she assesses and lists risks while rod gets hung up on 'i'm right'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Stargate goes back into production on Feb 20. I believe there was talk of organising a gift to send to Amanda when they came back for s10?
                            i thought we'd all planned to simply flood bridge with 'welcome back' letters/cards, etc

that way everyone can do thier own thing and amanda can get a lot of good vibes as she returns

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              hehe, i thought that too!

but who really knows the reason. i'd like to think it's because they advertised this ep really well, and that ppl wanted to see sam in this episode (seeing her different and such).

here's a different and topic-changing post. if the ptb said they were only going to keep mitchell OR vala on the show now - which one would you pick to stay on the series?

for me, it's a toss. both characters have been given some of sam's attributes, so... i guess.... AH, i don't know! on any given day i'll change my mind.

if mitchell stays the same, let it be vala that remains.

if vala stays the same (as she was in those first few eps), let mitchell remain.

it's hard for me to erase what influence these characters have on MY FAVE character. there's the sam/mitchell shared command issue, and with vala, it's the sam/vala shared x-host and leading lady issue.

speaking as purely a sam fan, it doesn't feel like they added these characters to contribute and add to the existing characters, but to take over, so to speak, some of their places on the show.

so, who would you guys pick?

sally
                              That's an easy question, I'd pick Jonas
                              Why not have 2 characters that can do Daniel's job
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                OK, I just took the Personality Test a couple of times so I could cover all the possible answers, and both times it told me...

Hmm, now why do I find that strangely cool...
                                This is who I am:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X