No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just been on holiday with Jack O'Neill??!!!

I'll remember the bold and daring bit next time we hit some rocky singletrack!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Sorry, but try telling a parent their 16yo is dead..........
      No thanks. Bad enough dealing with the aftermath, and I've been in that situation a couple of times, unfortunately. It's very true that no car is completely safe.

Still, I drove an old Volvo in high school and the first couple of years in college. Was sideswiped going through an intersection (the other person ran a red light). It spun me around 180 degrees, and I hit the curb with enough force to snap the front axel. Barely left a dent in the Volvo's door. After that, I was made a believer in Volvo's safety propoganda. I guarantee that if I had been on a motorcycle I wouldn't have walked away without a scratch. (The other woman's pickup was totalled.)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Volvos are traditionally known for their safety features; motorcycles are traditionally known for killing people.

Motorcycles (like guns) don't kill...it's all operator errors.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          Motorcycles (like guns) don't kill...it's all operator errors.
          Well, speaking from experience on my scooter (or moped, for Coley), it's more likely the idiot driving the car that doesn't see you...

My LJ

Comment

Well, speaking from experience on my scooter (or moped, for Coley), it's more likely the idiot driving the car that doesn't see you...
            Yes I have the same problem on my cycle (which is one up from a moped I think ) The worst bit of my cycle to work is going past the school. Crazy parents wanting to drop their kids off in the minimum of time and kids that think they're being cool just walking in front of you and forcing you to break. I breathe a sigh of relief everytime I pass by safely.

Of course with 1speed's eyesight the problem rests with the cyclist seeing the car

Go on 1speed post the scrabble pics!!

Comment

Cool, you have a moped?? I have an electric moped, I bought it off a friend and retooled it a bit, put a more powerful (brushless) motor and swapped out the lithium energy cell for something with more juice. It'll only do 46 km/h, but hey... it's electric. All goes according to plan, I'll be getting a new Vespa next year too (powder blue, baby!).

mini

'Lil Electric Moped

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                I don't think she cares what he thinks about her. Or that's what I hope, anyway.

Regarding Lee, he still needs a beating for his insolence in "Paradise Lost".
                Yeah, praise was probably a really poor choice of words on my part. For Sam, working with McKay is like a battlefield. She has to work her bum off just to get her point across to McKay, whereas with others they just assume that Sam will come up with an answer and let her get on with it. There is normally no heated argument or discussion.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 February 2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Yeah, praise was probably a really poor choice of words on my part. For Sam, working with McKay is like a battlefield. She has to work her bum off just to get her point across to McKay, whereas with others they just assume that Sam will come up with an answer and let her get on with it. There is normally no heated argument or discussion.
                  I think that's good for her tho.
                  McKay is on her level. He can understand the ideas and concepts she talks about.
                  They are both convinced they are right, and by arguing, they iron out any problems or wrinkles in their plans.
                  It also lets her see waht she could become.
                  The others know they aren't at her level, so they just sit back and let her solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I've just been on holiday with Jack O'Neill??!!!

I'll remember the bold and daring bit next time we hit some rocky singletrack!!
                    You wouldn't happen to be Sam would you?
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well, I know quite a few female scientists (my mother included), and none of them are adrenaline junkies. Maybe physics attracts the adrenaline junkies, though. I dated a physics major for a while, and he was slightly insane and rode a motorcycle... Wonderful harpist, too. I think it is more likely that it is probably difficult to pigeon-hole female scientists into a single personality type.

I always thought Sam's adrenaline junky streak arose more from her desire to prove herself and push herself than from a need for the adrenaline rush itself. I still have issues with the whole motorcycle/Volvo thing...
                      Motorcycle is Sam.... Volvo is Amanda's personality oozing into Sam

Comment

Cool scooter Mini!!!

Personally while I think Amanda's Volvo is very cool, I'm a WRX girl through adn through these days.

For anyone interested the S60 is a 2.5l turbo, puts out about 147kw standard. So unless Amanda's had some work done to it, my WRX would absolutely spank it.

Of course I'm not completely smitten and in love with my car!!! Not at all.. who said I was?!

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Cool, you have a moped?? I have an electric moped, I bought it off a friend and retooled it a bit, put a more powerful (brushless) motor and swapped out the lithium energy cell for something with more juice. It'll only do 46 km/h, but hey... it's electric. All goes according to plan, I'll be getting a new Vespa next year too (powder blue, baby!).

mini

'Lil Electric Moped
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

mini

'Lil Electric Moped
                          Mini I never you were a daredevil, riding that in the streets of Toronto
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Of course with 1speed's eyesight the problem rests with the cyclist seeing the car

I don't remember anything about a car - was there a memo?

Go on 1speed post the scrabble pics!!

OK then...
                            This is what happens when two supposedly intelligent adults attempt to play Stargate Scrabble (tm) while drinking beer and single malt whisky.

Yes, that's the best they could manage. Utterly pathetic... *wanders away shaking head*

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              You wouldn't happen to be Sam would you?
                              oh i wish!

Comment

well I think we did very well considering I was recovering from a nerve wracking interview, you were recovering from being subjected to my interview presentation about 20 times, we'd been out walking on windswept beaches and we'd both quoffed a bit of alcohol!

So do we qualify as being gator geeks then?

Comment

Working...
                                X