No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, if you haven't seen it already, there is this great quiz out there where you can determine which character you're most like. Guess what I got:

You can find the quiz here, it was created by Central Gal.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

Spoiler:
      I have to admit, watching Grace Under Pressure, I thought--gee I really look forward to having Sam on Atlantis--it is better written, and right now, I really like the characters much better than the way the characters are written on SG-1 right now. Very strange feeling indeed.
      i don't watch atlantis (i've said it before). but, i'd watch it if amanda/sam was on. so...

for the atlantis fans here in samanda, how do you think sam will be used on atlantis, seeing as she's supposed to be in an ep or more in season 10? and to help me understand more about the show, tell me how you think the atlantis characters will relate to sam. remember, i really don't know these ppl other than there's the lead dark haired guy (sheppard) that evidently sleeps with a lot of women, and the dark haired woman (weir) that's kinda, in a way, running the base, and... just help me out here.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Wow, so Gateworld is reporting MGM has begun developing a Stargate MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). When I think of all the poor people who lost their spouses to Everquest, and then I think of all the folks who are now going to lose even MORE spouses to Stargate: Worlds ... I just have to laugh. HAHAHA. D'oh!
        i know you're speaking english, but i have no idea what you're saying.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Guys, if you haven't seen it already, there is this great quiz out there where you can determine which character you're most like. Guess what I got:

*in shock*
          Wow. I just got Sam Carter.
          I actually wasn't expecting that.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

i'm jonas quinn.

Which SG-1 Character Are You?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, the only one that comes to mind is
              Spoiler:
              Redemption (part 2).
              In the scene where Sam explains her idea of getting the Stargate out of the SGC and into space by mounting it on an X-302.
              HAMMOND
              Well done, Major.
              CARTER
              It wasn't all my idea, Sir, and I dare say it's not done yet.
              HAMMOND
              Right.
              That's the only one I remember right now,
              That sounds right. Thanks! (And I wasn't the original asker. )

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                I'm not seeing the war zone here either---I'm I missing something? I've seen some great discussions lately on lots of topics. I feel like I can post negative and positive posts---it's like it all balances out on this thread. that's what's so great. People post all kinds of things--from fanfic, new pics, different viewpts on different topics related to Sam, to the episodes, to old episodes. It's quite a thriving thread. The thoughtfulness of the posts on this thread is wonderful. I think it is easy to keep a thunk thread going, but to keep a discussion thread going like the posters here is really a great thing to witness (and for me to be a part of once in awhile). And not surprisingly for me, the topic of Sam/AT can keep a discussion thread going so well!!
                Well said, choc. There's an ebb and flow to SaGCT ... we may go down into the valley but we always seem to climb back up the mountain. And, from the beginning, there has always been a sense of humor and patience and respect for the people posting here. I think we have managed to survive because of that and because we admire Amanda's own example of kindness/civility. It's amazing to think that we're such a varied group of ages and lifestyles, all brought together by this one great character, Sam Carter. Yep, we may tend to get off track and off topic at times but then someone has the good sense to post something funny or challenging and get us all going in the right direction again. The thread seems organic and self-correcting. So there should be room here to post our strong feelings and opinions about all things Stargate because most of the time what is happening in the general arena is also affecting the character of Sam for better or worse.

deepspace, little Page, you want everyone to feel welcomed. I do too. But I can't control another person's interpretation of and perception of each post. And I wouldn't want to. All I can do is try to put into words my own opinion about what I'm seeing, what makes me stand up and applaud and what makes me stand up and say ouch! And each time I post I take a risk ... will my fellow Samandans relate to what I have to say or tell me I'm far out in left field? So I think all of us are quite brave for coming here and actually taking a stand or two about the show in general and Sam Carter in particular.

Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  In a way Sam and Jacob's daughter/father relationship is kind of like me and my Dad's. In Enemies Pt. 2 when Sam says "Welcome to my life" to Jack, it's somewhat like the disagreements that me and my Dad have.

There are times when I'm right and there are times when's he's right.
                  i wonder if jacob and 'being right' is one reason sam technobabbles? how else to 'win' an arguement than to overwhelm him - or any other superior - with enough words to make them just toss thier hands up and go 'ok, you win' just to, well shut her up
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                    Welcome to Samanda Deejay!
                    Aha! *pounces* Someone who gets obsessive about things they love (like Stargate). Goodie, that means you're going to fit in perfectly *grin*. Not that any of us are obsessed or anything .
                    This is nothing, you should see me go on and on about CSI! Thank you for the welcome.

Originally posted by deepspace
                    Well, as Aus hasn't had season9 yet, I haven't seen it, but I've read enough and seen enough pictures to give me a fairly offputting image of how the show has changed. I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I see for myself, but I know there are some people here whose judgement I trust who are very unhappy with the way season nine has progressed.

It's interesting to hear your opinions from the viewpoint of someone who came into Stargate late, and then went back and rewatched the other episodes. Because you've come to the same conclusions about season9 as some of those who have been watching Stargate evolve ever since it started. So this proves that it's not only fans who have been watching their favourite characters since the beginning and don't want to see them replaced by new characters that aren't impressed by the new style of Stargate.
                    This season seems so chaotic to me, in that it doesn't feel to me that TPTB have plannned it out very well. It feels like they're flying by the seats of their pants, much of the time. Especially with characterizations.

Totally OT, but my godson just got out of the navy, finishing with a six-month tour, and he loved Australia the best. He's anxious to go back.

I was watching Smoke and Mirrors tonight, and was reminded of a favorite Sam moment. I'm not sure how much of this should be put into spoiler tags, so I'll just put the whole thing in:

Spoiler:
                    It's just after the house blows up, and Barrett ends up on top of Sam:

Sam: What are you doing?
                    Barrett: Covering you.
                    Sam: Thank you. Get off.

AT's delivery of that was so perfect. It's one of those scenes that has me rewinding over and over because the look on her face, and the tone of her voice just has me laughing out loud.

And can anyone tell me what OTT means?

Comment

I had to re-do the test, must have broken it with my personality (or tied)any way finally got my result
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Talking about old episodes, I watched Thor's Hammer last night. Sam seemed a bit-- I don't know--cranky and skeptical. I couldn't help but think that a later season Sam would have been a lot more compassionate to Kendra. I think Sam has grown to be much more than the scientist and kick butt soldier. I know some of that has to do with the writers not quite figuring Sam out for a while & AT being allowed to bring more to the character. But putting that aside, what do you all think?

Comment

i think...yes the tone of the thread has changed...but the tone of the whole forum has changed as well. we have a lot of new folks here who have brought their own pov's into the mix.

i know it's not as much fun as it used to be...then again we have a lot of folks that have joined us that are having the time of thier lives.

I'm sorry that some folks have left and it'd be great if they came back. however, i don't recall ever seeing - in this thread - or hearing of anyone receiving a pm or e-mail telling them to bugger off for having one opinion or another. I've never heard anyone going 'only those that love s9 are welcome to post here'

I'm sorry that folks don't feel welcome...but, to the best of my knowledge, no one has run them off. they've chosen to leave of thier own free will.

If they truly felt unwelcome then i'm not sure what can be done. we, as the thread, have no control over someone's feelings other than our own.

over the course of the past, way too many years, people have joined and left the fandom as a whole. and this thread is just like that. People come and go

sigpic

Comment

Which SG-1 Character Are You?

Thanks for the link Dani. I got too
                            sigpic
                            There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                            If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                            If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                            If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Yes, perhaps a hazard of growing like we have over the past year.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Talking about old episodes, I watched Thor's Hammer last night. Sam seemed a bit-- I don't know--cranky and skeptical. I couldn't help but think that a later season Sam would have been a lot more compassionate to Kendra. I think Sam has grown to be much more than the scientist and kick butt soldier. I know some of that has to do with the writers not quite figuring Sam out for a while & AT being allowed to bring more to the character. But putting that aside, what do you all think?
                                i think sometimes the writers futzed with the characters to fit the plot. they needed sam to be skeptical cause daniel wouldn't be. just like in MOT they needed sam to be fascinated with the black hole to move things along.
                                just like jack was a complete grump in that one...just to move things along

i do think that sam's behavior in thor's hammer was also mitigated by 'damn, i just lost my commanding officer to a beam of light. how the heck will i explain this????' and being stressed by that

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X