• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All You Need Is Love...
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Yeah, and how sad is that? I don't know, maybe I have a thick skin, but I haven't felt censored when I've posted negatively. Nor positively. In fact, I've found that the people on this thread have been really generous towards me, even when I'm griping and moaning. So maybe I'm not objective because the belittling hasn't really happened to me yet, it may be easier for me to say "lets all just say whatever we feel we want to". I don't see the warzone some of you others see, I still see a community of good people who have been very kind and accepting towards me, even when we disagree on ideas. I regularily have minor (idea-oriented) disagreements with some of the people on this thread whom I respect a great deal and I'm very pleased to consider online buddies. Just yesterday I disagreed with Strix about something. I disagreed with Forever a little while ago, and Ooober not long before that, but I love the heck out of all three ladies, and I have so much fun talking with them online in email and here, I can't imagine ever taking offense to the fact that I disagree with them or that I might like a character they loathe or vice versa.

And I won't even get INTO the stuff I disagree with AD about... But... he's cute, so he can stay, too. I dunno, maybe I just haven't felt censored where others have.

I'm not seeing the war zone here either---I'm I missing something? I've seen some great discussions lately on lots of topics. I feel like I can post negative and positive posts---it's like it all balances out on this thread. that's what's so great. People post all kinds of things--from fanfic, new pics, different viewpts on different topics related to Sam, to the episodes, to old episodes. It's quite a thriving thread. The thoughtfulness of the posts on this thread is wonderful. I think it is easy to keep a thunk thread going, but to keep a discussion thread going like the posters here is really a great thing to witness (and for me to be a part of once in awhile). And not surprisingly for me, the topic of Sam/AT can keep a discussion thread going so well!!

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
        I just see Mitchell running up the hill yelling "Hi HoSilver!"
        *dies laughing*
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Wow, so Gateworld is reporting MGM has begun developing a Stargate MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). When I think of all the poor people who lost their spouses to Everquest, and then I think of all the folks who are now going to lose even MORE spouses to Stargate: Worlds ... I just have to laugh. HAHAHA. D'oh!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Yeah, and how sad is that? I don't know, maybe I have a thick skin, but I haven't felt censored when I've posted negatively. Nor positively. In fact, I've found that the people on this thread have been really generous towards me, even when I'm griping and moaning. So maybe I'm not objective because the belittling hasn't really happened to me yet, it may be easier for me to say "lets all just say whatever we feel we want to". I don't see the warzone some of you others see, I still see a community of good people who have been very kind and accepting towards me, even when we disagree on ideas. I regularily have minor (idea-oriented) disagreements with some of the people on this thread whom I respect a great deal and I'm very pleased to consider online buddies. Just yesterday I disagreed with Strix about something. I disagreed with Forever a little while ago, and Ooober not long before that, but I love the heck out of all three ladies, and I have so much fun talking with them online in email and here, I can't imagine ever taking offense to the fact that I disagree with them or that I might like a character they loathe or vice versa.

And I won't even get INTO the stuff I disagree with AD about... But... he's cute, so he can stay, too. I dunno, maybe I just haven't felt censored where others have.
            I understand you don't see a warzone. I don't believe I really see a warzone either.
            But I do see a lot of posts from people saying they don't feel welcome here, and I don't know what to make of that. I want people to feel welcome. And I don't know how to do that.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Wow, so Gateworld is reporting MGM has begun developing a Stargate MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). When I think of all the poor people who lost their spouses to Everquest, and then I think of all the folks who are now going to lose even MORE spouses to Stargate: Worlds ... I just have to laugh. HAHAHA. D'oh!
              Oooooooooooohhhh. Yep, time for another one of those hyperactive deepspace moments! yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.
              This is brilliant news!
              And tell me, has anyone heard of my latest little (and I say little in not a little way) addiction called Guild Wars? It's currently the most massive online game which doesn't require monthly subscription fees. If anyone here games, I highly recommend it.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Haha. That's if it doesnt crash and burn first...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Haha. That's if it doesnt crash and burn first...
                  you mean like the previous Stargate computer game?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    [snip]
                    Spoiler:
                    He also wanted her there this time when he died. I thought it was a great indication as to how far their relationship had developed.
                    I think they evolved into friends which in my opinion is the best father/daughter relationship you can have as the child gets above a certain age.
                    Excellent point you make here. That's how I always saw it, too.
                    Spoiler:
                    Both of them have grown immensely since Jacob first came into the/our picture. And you could see it and feel it in that one last scene. Sam's comment to Jack just before Jacob died, summarized it wonderfully:

Jack: You OK?
                    Sam: Actually, I’m fine. Good, even, strange as that sounds. I thought I lost him four years ago. Since then, we’ve been closer than we ever were in my whole life. In a way, Selmak gave me the father I never thought I’d know.

I guess,
                    Spoiler:
                    from a creative POV, it was like completing a circle, a very powerful ending closing in the same way it all began by letting Jacob die. I still think that he would be great for Sam this season. A lot of things Sam did or said made more sense to me or I saw them in a different light because of Jacob.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                      you mean like the previous Stargate computer game?
                      Yeah. But this one has the added fact that it's an MMO going against it... They tend to have a much higher failure rate than other games

Comment

Hmm? Isn't one Stargate obsession enough
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Oooh [serious ear perkage]

Now that's an addiction waiting to happen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Hmm? Isn't one Stargate obsession enough
                            Ah, Mandy, you couldn't possibly be saying that there is such a thing as too much Stargate could you !
                            You see there's obsession and then there's subbranches of obsession. Obsession is a multylayered thing .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Ah, Mandy, you couldn't possibly be saying that there is such a thing as too much Stargate could you !
                              You see there's obsession and then there's subbranches of obsession. Obsession is a multylayered thing .
                              Oh sorry, I stand corrected
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

All I have to say is I have never wants to be Mckay untill now, or a top for that matter
                                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                                X